2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

There's been all sorts of rumblings on Twitter. He apparently made a fool of himself to Weise. Great player. But loser mentality.

idk..  i might take Lucic's side here.  the whole thing started with Montreal getting sad at one of his goal scoring celebrations.  they would mock him after everyone of their goals... and then Weise goes out in his post game interview and says Lucic was disrespectful in the line and in his celebrations.  

Lucic said he likes to keep little stuff like that on the ice... and how his goal celebration was disrespectful?? get over it. it wasn't even that bad

He wasn't wrong with those words. I'm not one to wax poetically over the handshake line, but I do find it amazing how guys let bygones be bygones. Lucic was friggen mocked by a few Habs, and he needs to threaten them in line over it. Weak.

Edit: I might be wrong on Draper shaking Claude's hands. Not even sure if he was with the team, but my point still stands with the entire team shaking Lemieux's hand even if it it "really pissed them off".

Edited by devilsrule33

Because of course i was right.... Habs vs rangers....

The only reason im not putting a shotgun in my mouth and pulling the trigger at the point is simply cause i dont have a shotgun... My god am i ever entering a dark time. Im seriously considering closing my fb at this point

LAK is taking the series. Just the way these playoffs have gone for us... 2-1 game NYR, 2-1 game MTL, 2-1 game LAK. Tired of watching PIT, BOS, and ANH dominate in the 3rd period with nothing to show for it these last two nights.

But with the Kings... They are going to take it because they seem like they can win at will when they really want to. 

Will be interesting to see if Iginla comes back for another year. Rangers are stronger than the Canadiens and I think they win it in 6.

fvck Lucic.  Don't you dare disrespect one of the honor-bound traditions of the game.  Suck it up, be a man, and shake the hand of the players you hate(or love).  Lucic is like school on Saturday.  You go through the line and you say "good game" and move on.  He told Weise, that "I'm going to fvcking kill you next year".  Disrespecting the handshake line should be punishable by fine. 

Definitely haven't seen that kind of anger in a handshake line since playing hockey as a kid. Some refusing to shake hands (Brodeur-Avery) and a ton of really limp handshakes but nothing like that.

The biggest disrespect to me was in all the diving from the Bruins last night. The NHL really needs to start helping the refs out with this. It becomes a safety issue when the refs ignore blatant penalties because they assume its a dive. 

Minnesota will be solid the next few years.   I would HATE to see Marty win the Cup in Minny next year.

I doubt it. This year was just another year of what I think is a short window for them to be Cup contenders. If they can't at least reach the finals next year, I'll be doubting whether or not they ever will in the following decade.

Definitely haven't seen that kind of anger in a handshake line since playing hockey as a kid. Some refusing to shake hands (Brodeur-Avery) and a ton of really limp handshakes but nothing like that.

The biggest disrespect to me was in all the diving from the Bruins last night. The NHL really needs to start helping the refs out with this. It becomes a safety issue when the refs ignore blatant penalties because they assume its a dive. 

Idk, the emotions between those two were so high in that series.  I can't have it both ways, but I would have condemned Marty's actions at the time, albeit not as harsh.  Avery's attitude and the way he went about trying to be effective in that series was equally inexcusable.

Go Habs go!

Sorry Sterio, but if the Rangers win, then they'll have at least gotten to where we did two years ago. Like I said earlier, at least they won't have a 1st for 3 consecutive years (lost out on last year's because of Nash deal) and their prospect pool is pretty meh so I think their window is obviously pretty short because MSL will be gone next year. Hopefully soon after that Nash and Lundqvist will be declining.

Go Habs go!

Sorry Sterio, but if the Rangers win, then they'll have at least gotten to where we did two years ago. Like I said earlier, at least they won't have a 1st for 3 consecutive years (lost out on last year's because of Nash deal) and their prospect pool is pretty meh so I think their window is obviously pretty short because MSL will be gone next year. Hopefully soon after that Nash and Lundqvist will be declining.

This....

Feel bad for you. You know we know what it's like BUT there is no choice. Habs must win! (then lose in the final :)

yea you pretty much have to root for the Habs here to beat NYR but then lose in the finals

edit: I guess unless you live in Montreal.

Still though, a division rival is a division rival

Edited by Onddeck

you guys may have to deal with "'94" over there.... i'd take that over the "How many cups does your team have? we have 24!" any fvcking day.

But most of them i still have the edge in an argument cause i saw 3 cups and 5 final appearance and all the playoffs appearance (most of them around my age saw 2 cups) and to me most of their cup was bullsh!t and won in an NHL running an unfair system with no draft or international players... was not the same NHL as today so you cant compare those cups with the recent ones. Anyways...I dont fvcking wan't to ever have to hear it with "25 cups" 

Edited by SterioDesign

SD,the Habs don't need to win Cup #25... But what they DO need to do is beat the Rangers. That's all we care about here brother lol.

Yeah, the Rags bandwagon is already overflowing. I can't tell you how many people who have never once spoken about hockey suddenly have a "how about them Rangers!" every time I see them. For the next 7-14 days, it's "Go Habs Go" for me.