2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

It's looking like one ECF appearance (a loss to you-know-who of course) in all of Sather's time with the Rangers.  They've won a whopping 6 playoff series so far in his time there.  Yeah, I'm sure that was the plan when he was signed up.  There's definitely a crapshoot feel to the playoffs these days, but all Sather seems to know how to do is bring in expensive marquee names, even if they're clearly not what they were (Wade Redden).  Damned near zero creativity.

Personally, I am already sick of Crosby.

I'll take him over any Ranger any day.

That being said, I hate him too.  At this point, I hope it's the Bruins in the finals again.. not because I was rooting for them originally, but because I don't want Crosby, or the Habs to get a chance at a cup.

It's really hard to find someone to root for this year, of the remaining teams. Least offensive team to me is probably the Hawks.

So true. Most of my pics were knocked out in the first round.. I'm kinda sick of the Hawks and Bruins. I want to see the Wild, Habs and Rags lose. I'd be happy if Crosby didn't get some more hardware. Still root against LA, mostly because I'm sick of them too more so than holding a grudge.. Bleh. Shame the way the cards fell.

Go Ducks! Although they don't seem to have a chance against the Kings at this point.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Edited by Devilsfan118

Amazing how awful St. Louis has been.  I mean he's just been so bad, falling on the ice like Clarkson, losing puck battles, bad passes.  While I'm sure he and Stamkos fed off one another to a certain degree, it looks like St. Louis missess having Stamkos and is out of place on the Rangers and in the AV offense and how he's being used.  And that Rangers PP has been abysmal too.  Stralman has been an adventure this series and nobody has been able to pick up McDonagh who looks like he's at 50%.

I'd love to see what Sather does in response to yet another playoff exit, but his options are pretty limited from what I can see this offseason.  Will be interesting to see what they do with buying out Richards or not and even more how St. Louis reacts to that. 

Buying out Brad Richards should help things a bit although it will leave them a hole at center.  I think they can land a big free agent if they so desire.  The pipeline is starting to dry up a bit for them, but they really can't get much better without a big trade.

I actually like Boomer, especially since he's a guy who's actually lived the life of a professional athlete (and a pretty successful one at that), and can offer that perspective. 

Carton is a clown who thinks he's way cooler and badass than he could ever dream of being.  He reminds me of an old Sylvester cartoon that had a strong-but-silent dog named Spike, with his annoying, eager-to-please sidekick next to him...actually, why describe when I can just show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov-1S8Xxd94

Guess which one Carton is.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

I'm sorry SD but I am so rooting for the Habs to make it to the cup. Been to Montreal six times and loved it every time. Plus you gotta hand it to them so far in this series, they are using their speed and ramming it down Boston's throat.

Funny how all of the bandwagon ranger fans stopped posting on facebook after game one.

Looks like it will be another year of the "king" not winning a cup.

I still have a few Rags fans on my FB still talkin....one even going as far as blaming their management on passing on Messier as a coach trying to wonder if he would have been better than AV....

*sigh*

LOL!

I'm enjoying the Rags struggles too, but I hope we're not throwing dirt on their season one loss too soon. We've all seen teams come back from a 3-1 deficit before.

They looked as beaten as a team I've seen.  St. Louis looks lost, McDonagh looks hurt, Nash isn't making enough happen.  Your best players have to be your best players and right now the Rangers are not living up to that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZazaKeSvuA

Not that Boomer and Carlton have a clue what they're talking about half the time but..still a good listen to hear Rangers fans suffering a bit.

"MESSIER, CANYON OF HEROES, HIGH PRESSURE, BROADWAY LIGHTS, NEW YORK MEDIA, etc., etc...."

Ugh, Rangers talk radio is so F'ing predictable. They essentially talked for 3 minutes about absolutely nothing. Carton, who's the bigger tool of the two, is actually the only one to bring up stats, and that Nash has had over 50 shots on goal without a goal.

Edited by DJ Eco

They looked as beaten as a team I've seen.  St. Louis looks lost, McDonagh looks hurt, Nash isn't making enough happen.  Your best players have to be your best players and right now the Rangers are not living up to that.

I agree with all of that wholeheartedly! I'm just wary of counting the chickens before they hatch.

With their backs to the wall, if they can somehow muster up a win in Pittsburgh, all of a sudden there will be a glimmer of hope for them heading back to MSG.

Lundqvist came up big in Game 7 in the last round, and Games 2 and 3 of this series can't be put on him, but if he turns in another performance like last night's, he's going to hear about it too.