Sorry for any inconvenience.

#64 KAZ

KAZ

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:21 AM

Well not to be selfish, but I hoep at least two people fall out of the league (I think I am the second fill-in right now...lol)

Also wondering what peoples thoughts are on the game? I pciked it up yesterday on my way home, but didn't get a chance to play it yet. I had a stupid flag football game and when i got home I was two sore to even pick up a controller... I can't wait to play for a few hour tonight!

#65 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:43 AM

Well not to be selfish, but I hoep at least two people fall out of the league (I think I am the second fill-in right now...lol)

Also wondering what peoples thoughts are on the game? I pciked it up yesterday on my way home, but didn't get a chance to play it yet. I had a stupid flag football game and when i got home I was two sore to even pick up a controller... I can't wait to play for a few hour tonight!

i think a few people will drop out. Unfortunately i think one team that might open up wud be the blue jackets. But if they are available and dont mind playing as them then u can have em. Ill let u guys know for sure this weekend if teams are available.
As far as the game goes, its a huge improvement from last year, and a big step forward in the franchise. In previous years a kid that played alot in HUT or EASHL could win even if they werent that good. It seems like they have leveled out the playing field and now it comes down to skill. Only complaint i have is the hitting. That shud get tweeked for next years game.

#66 KAZ

KAZ

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:06 AM

i think a few people will drop out. Unfortunately i think one team that might open up wud be the blue jackets. But if they are available and dont mind playing as them then u can have em. Ill let u guys know for sure this weekend if teams are available.
As far as the game goes, its a huge improvement from last year, and a big step forward in the franchise. In previous years a kid that played alot in HUT or EASHL could win even if they werent that good. It seems like they have leveled out the playing field and now it comes down to skill. Only complaint i have is the hitting. That shud get tweeked for next years game.

I will take whoever is available... hell the goal of the GM mode is to make you team as good as possible over the long haul... It may be more fun to try to run with a team like Columbus and see how much they can improve.

#67 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:49 AM

I need to play a lot more games before the season kicks in...

I'm having difficulties playing D in this game, and keep having the same exact goal scored on me. Winger comes down one side... takes a massive shot, and Brodeur gives up a huge rebound and the opposite winger/center has an empty net tap in goal.

I was never good at goal scoring... so defense is the only thing I got :) 2-1 games is my norm.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#68 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:56 AM

I will take whoever is available... hell the goal of the GM mode is to make you team as good as possible over the long haul... It may be more fun to try to run with a team like Columbus and see how much they can improve.

Cool, if teams drop out i will definitely message u jwomp. Once the league get started this weekend, im ganna have it so everyone needs to play 2 weeks worth of NHL schedule in 1 week. If eveyone is finishing their games sooner than a week, ill make it 2 weeks worth of NHL schedule need to be completed. The sooner games can be done the quicker seasons will go buy which means teams that have alot of prospects will get better. That way the bad teams like the oilers improve alot. It will be more fair

#69 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:34 PM

which means teams that have alot of prospects will get better. That way the bad teams like the oilers improve alot. It will be more fair

I also expect some teams to trade for that talent as well... Im sure we'll see some additional parity in the first season.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#70 KAZ

KAZ

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:59 PM

The more I read about the GM Connected mode the more excited I am getting to be a part of the league...

#71 Mu6atu

Mu6atu

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:33 PM

I will be 100% ready to start on monday

#72 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:25 AM

Ive adjusted now... still not where I was in '12, but I have far better control of it now.

Other than Kovy, Im finding I need to get the puck on Henriques blade... he is quite good in the game

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#73 KAZ

KAZ

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:30 AM

I didn't get last years game, and with the long layoff from playing and the new feel of the game, I am having a tough time... Any tips?

#74 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:58 AM

I didn't get last years game, and with the long layoff from playing and the new feel of the game, I am having a tough time... Any tips?

keep on playing

#75 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:42 AM

Keep playing. If playing against others online, take note of how they score against you... and if someone is frustrating you with their D... figure out how they are positioning, poke checking, etc

In the last couple of version it seems they were real big on passing and one timers... this year, so far... it seems like the emphasis is a lot more on shot selection and positioning around the net (rebounds).

Also, with the new skating, you need to be smart in how you move. They dumped the unrealistic stopping on a dime, sharp cut... stop again, cut again... all at full speed. You'll see your momentum just vanish and unable to maintain speed. Especially if you're looking to level someone. You'll give up a breakaway 9 times out of 10.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#76 JWomp

JWomp

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:02 AM

Yeah, I'll definitely take any team that opens up. I'm still getting used to the feel of the game compared to NHL 12, but I really like it and definitely want to be a part of the GM Connected League. I will take any team, just want to get a spot and get going!

Add me on Xbox Live in the meantime (my gamertag is jwomp).
Check out my Devils game used memorabilia collection: http://community.web...user/TJordan522

#77 JWomp

JWomp

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:07 AM

Also, just an idea, but maybe you should update the original post to include the team, gamertag, AND NJDevs ID.
Check out my Devils game used memorabilia collection: http://community.web...user/TJordan522

#78 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:38 AM

Also, just an idea, but maybe you should update the original post to include the team, gamertag, AND NJDevs ID.

It would be great (especially to see easily how much of this league is represented by NJDevs)

No one will ever guess mine... muhahaha muhahhaha... awkward pause. muhahahahaha.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#79 JWomp

JWomp

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:32 AM

No one will ever guess mine... muhahaha muhahhaha... awkward pause. muhahahahaha.

Or mine...haha.

#80 KAZ

KAZ

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:59 AM

Keep playing. If playing against others online, take note of how they score against you... and if someone is frustrating you with their D... figure out how they are positioning, poke checking, etc

In the last couple of version it seems they were real big on passing and one timers... this year, so far... it seems like the emphasis is a lot more on shot selection and positioning around the net (rebounds).

Also, with the new skating, you need to be smart in how you move. They dumped the unrealistic stopping on a dime, sharp cut... stop again, cut again... all at full speed. You'll see your momentum just vanish and unable to maintain speed. Especially if you're looking to level someone. You'll give up a breakaway 9 times out of 10.

sed to always go for the checks, but now I find myself getting in the lanes and blocking shots/passes instead.

All I need now is someone to drop out of the league so I can get in...lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users