TG: Devils open @ NY Islanders (01/19) + Get your tix now (cheap)!

DJ Eco

Tom Gulitti announced that Devils will open their season away at Nassau Coliseum on the 19th. You can also do your own little deducing of the puzzle pieces and see that this pretty much had to be the case:

http://blogs.northje...assau_coliseum/

How can you get tickets, and for cheap? Here's how. Islanders' matchup on the 19th was originally supposed to be against Columbus, obviously not a huge draw. You can still find tickets for this matchup for $18 on StubHub with the caveat that "because of the NHL lockout, the game dates, opposing teams, and players in the game may change":

http://www.stubhub.c...19-2013-4121995

They go on to say that, because of these changes, you can get a full refund of the tickets. I called StubHub to see if this refund/cancellation was AUTOMATIC, or if you were given the OPTION to KEEP the tickets? Sure enough, they said that we will be given the OPTION to KEEP the tickets via email, if we want (obviously we want, that's the whole point).

As you remember last year, the games at the Coliseum were a lot of fun, and extremely heavily attended by Devils fans. This happens to be our first game of the season and it falls on a Saturday afternoon, so this could be really exciting. Tom Gulitti and the Devils beat writers do an amazing job at finding this stuff early; however, the schedule changes will probably be announced on Saturday to the greater masses out there.

Take advantage of this "insider info" (and also take advantage of an Islanders fan/scalper who's selling his tickets for cheap/by default and has NO clue) and let's get Devils fans out on Saturday the 19th. Tailgate maybe?

Edited by DJ Eco

Not trying to be negative here and I know the stubhub rep said you would be able to use these tickets if you wanted to but I don't believe it.

It say's right on the website,

What happens if there's a change?

If the event date or opposing team changes, we'll cancel your order and give you a full refund (including fees). If you buy tickets and the players change, but not the date or opposing team, the tickets are yours to use.

Since the opposing team is changing, it affects the prices and that's why they will just cancel all these. Still doesn't hurt to try cause you will just get a refund so it's worth a shot.

Edited by Satans Hockey

Stubhub won't honor the sale. Think about it if you purchased tickets to see the Devils play the Rangers and paid way over face during the lockout and you found out they'll actually ended up playing the Coyotes that day wouldn't you be pissed?

The policy is pretty explicit about the opposing team changing.

Someone called yesterday and StubHub said they'll send people and email with the option to return the tickets and get a refund

Someone called yesterday and StubHub said they'll send people and email with the option to return the tickets and get a refund

Yup that was me. Sure hope the rep wasn't full of it though, so I'll let you all know if I do in fact get that email, or if it gets automatically cancelled. It'll probably happen Sat./Sun. when the official schedule gets released.

Yup that was me. Sure hope the rep wasn't full of it though, so I'll let you all know if I do in fact get that email, or if it gets automatically cancelled. It'll probably happen Sat./Sun. when the official schedule gets released.

Yup, you can never be too sure with a company's customer service team

I called Stubhub yesterday and they said you'd get a refund, but then you'd have to buy new tix

Yeah, hearing some conflicting stuff. The guy I called yesterday said we'd get an email giving us the option to keep them. The guy my girlfriend spoke today (she was buying more over the phone) said we'd get a refund, and didn't really elaborate. My guess is they don't even know themselves 100% how this is all going to go down...

Glad I took the risk, if I get a refund, I'll probably get it on Sat./Sun. anyway. Can't see general ticket sale happening til a couple days after that anyway, so I'll just buy them through there anyway if that is the case.