NBC Sports announcers are terrible

madams9

Why, cant we break Doc into a half a dozen pieces and only let him broadcast these games?? The other night, during the Ranger game, there was a scrum right next to the benches on the boards. Doc said, "there's a scrum (sic)right in front of the $875 seats." Priceless!!!

Kenny Albert is a fine PBP guy. NBC just uses a crap setup for their broadcasts. Stop asking guys like McGuire to be both an ice-level reporter and a color guy. The final product sucks. There's a reason McGuire doesn't work in a booth ... he's a terrible analyst.

He has has such bias toward his favorite players too. He has worshiped Parise since draft day (if not before, I don't know)... and I'm pretty sure he is looking to get in bed with Briere. I can't explain how an "analyst" can be so in love with a player. If he somehow was given the Habs GM job... you can bet he would be trying to land them (and by that, I mean overpaying greatly)

Edited by aylbert

He has has such bias toward his favorite players too. He has worshiped Parise since draft day (if not before, I don't know)... and I'm pretty sure he is looking to get in bed with Briere. I can't explain how an "analyst" can be so in love with a player. If he somehow was given the Habs GM job... you can bet he would be trying to land them (and by that, I mean overpaying greatly)

I could already imagine Pierre McGuire's first act as Montreal GM... retire Sidney Crosby's jersey.

NBC Sports NHL Tonight with Millbury and crew just called out the refs for making 3 bad calls against the Devils and credited the Devils for not complaining about it and out-working the Flyers on the PK

NBC Sports NHL Tonight with Millbury and crew just called out the refs for making 3 bad calls against the Devils and credited the Devils for not complaining about it and out-working the Flyers on the PK

That's awesome that they acknowledged that. I assume they are talking about Briere's cindy crosby impression while holding Larsson's stick, kovy's delay of game and Zubrus' "boarding".

I was a little disappointed with how both NBC and CBC captured the crowd noise. It sounded like an MSG broadcast where the mic's dont do the crowd justice. Game 1 in Philly sounded very loud. I know Game 3 was loud...wish it really came thru on the broadcasts.

NBC Sports NHL Tonight with Millbury and crew just called out the refs for making 3 bad calls against the Devils and credited the Devils for not complaining about it and out-working the Flyers on the PK<br style="color: rgb(68, 85, 99); font-family: verdana, tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); "><br style="color: rgb(68, 85, 99); font-family: verdana, tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); ">for those of you that think we never get kudos on TV<br style="color: rgb(68, 85, 99); font-family: verdana, tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); ">

Your tag's open... :giggle:

NBC Sports NHL Tonight with Millbury and crew just called out the refs for making 3 bad calls against the Devils and credited the Devils for not complaining about it and out-working the Flyers on the PK<br style="color: rgb(68, 85, 99); font-family: verdana, tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); "><br style="color: rgb(68, 85, 99); font-family: verdana, tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); ">for those of you that think we never get kudos on TV<br style="color: rgb(68, 85, 99); font-family: verdana, tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); ">

Did Rowdy censor you to keep the "all media hates us" going :) jk

For whatever reason, the Devs are polarizing... and I'm fine with that. In the end, they are just words that mean nothing. But its always nice not to get crapped on for being a "trapping" or "left wing lock" team, like we are somehow haven't changed in almost 20 years.

Mushnick today on Doc:

Big game enhances Emrick’s excellence

At 12:14, yesterday morning, my first inclination was to salute Doc Emrick’s relentlessly fresh, alert, beautifully spoken (and occasionally hollered) performance throughout the Rangers’-Capitals’ triple overtime game on NBCSN as among the finest in his career.

But then, other than that the game ran nearly five hours, what distinguished Emrick’s call from his other calls? Nothing. He was as good as he was in any blowout regular season game we’ve heard him call the last 28 years.

Speaking of nothing being something — as in special — during the first action-loaded but scoreless first period, Emrick sent it to commercials with, “Midway, first period. From Washington. Nothing.” Yet, the way he spoke “nothing” clearly pointed to nothing as the sum of plenty. It was brilliant.

Emrick the moment the second OT ended: “More nutrition, more towels, more ice bags, more rest — and that’s just us!”

And then, signing off from Washington: ‘There were three games in the NHL, tonight, and two of them were here.”

Then Emrick wished those on the West Coast a “good night,” and those on the East Coast a “good morning.”

Link

G/L to whoever had/s to face the NBC flyers. They will blow out of proportion anything the opposing team does, while not mentioning the same things the flyers do.

I dealt with it all last round. Sure the Pens did some crappy stuff and Sid did something extremely childish, but when Rinaldo was cross checking Michalek in the face they made sure to not talk about it much. They talked about Ashams crosscheck to Schenns chest every period, though.

In any case, please destroy the flyers. Thanks.

The best line was half way through the 2nd.......

"this how the Flyers like to play. This is bad for the Devils"

"the Flyers have no shots on goal"

"that is ok, they are happy handling the puck"

????????

Really!!!!!!!!

Pierre was wayy off during game 2. More than usual. Might have had something to do with finding out he didn't get the Montreal GM job.

The NBC mikes don't really capture our crowd to the fullest extent which is a shame cuz our crowds have been amazing. It's not a clean sound on air. I'm thinking it's maybe the lounge they broadcast from cuz msg didn't do our crowd justice either.