8761 replies to this topic

#21 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,593 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 02:36 AM

Well, you folks were no help...but now I understand why. She wasn't as popular as I thought she was.

I had to use my googling powers to find her but I did.

It's Brenda Strong.

Posted Image
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#22 Vinnie

Vinnie

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 03:24 AM

Tony was shot.

#23 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 08:05 AM

Isn't it wrong for a used cars lot to describe a car as "pre-owned"?

"Pre-" means... *looking up in dictionary* ...here it is...it means "before."

So how can they take a car, which has already been owned and driven by someone else, and label it as "before-owned"?

Doesn't that imply that it's new?

Here's another one...why do people CONSTANTLY say they "could care less" about something? That means they DO care, even if just a little. I believe the correct saying is: "COULDN'T care less."

Lastly, why do I have to wear pants?
"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

#24 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,389 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 08:55 AM

Well, after watching almost an entire L&O episode, the ad finally came on. I am even more clueless now.

Do you have an inkling if she is a film or TV actress?

OK -- she's first off the chick on Seinfeld who Elaine hated who wore the bra for a shirt... she's been in a MILLION commercials and she's the chick who's dead on Desperate housewives. I've liked her for a while. she's guest star on all those Law and Orders and all of that. She always reminds me of what Marcia Cross would look like if she was pretty (or MY idea of pretty). She's one of my favorites that I've watched for about 15 years -- maybe 20 :noclue: She does have a bitchy smartassy persona - or an annoying victim mom type. I DON'T know what her name is though... and now I will read the rest of this thread to see who it was that probably told you what her name is :giggle:

I'm here for the party

#25 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 08:58 AM

You don't.

Posted Image

No pants day in Toronto.
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#26 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,389 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 09:01 AM

Man -- patience sammy! Brenda Strong -- that's right -- I DID know her name, I just forgot it. She's BEYOND popular! She's that face you just see everywhere and it never registers. She must have made a FORTUNE!

I'm here for the party

#27 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 09:05 AM

So how can they take a car, which has already been owned and driven by someone else, and label it as "before-owned"?

Here's another one...why do people CONSTANTLY say they "could care less" about something? That means they DO care, even if just a little. I believe the correct saying is: "COULDN'T care less."

I believe they use the term pre in this case as short for previously....although it does give the wrong connotation if you look at it the way you did...

secondly people constantly use this phrase improperly...it should be: couldn't care less...but people, in fact, are morons and consistently butcher the English language... :)

lastly, no one wants to see your wang doodle...nor the implied size and/or shape of your wang doodle due to your tighty whiteys :D
'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

#28 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,389 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 09:13 AM

Well -- if you don't buy into Underdog's explanation here's another one... sometimes the order of things don't make sense -- as in the word aforementioned... that doesn't mean before something was mentioned it means something that was mentioned before -- pre-owned -- the suffix pre makes the word mean owned before.... not before owned.... so really your question/vexing situation is the whole rules of grammar thing -- no one can help you with that one -- it always comes down to "because that's the way it is" and "you'll get used to it and understand after a while" .... :doh1: so annoying!

So why don't people say "I could care more" :noclue:

and why did anyone even START to say Irregardless? and why did so many people follow suit?

and as for the pants -- you could wear a kilt if you're not so keen on Don's option. My husband has one... my brother-in-law does too.

Edited by Pepperkorn, 15 January 2008 - 09:15 AM.

I'm here for the party

#29 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 09:29 AM

lastly, no one wants to see your wang doodle...nor the implied size and/or shape of your wang doodle due to your tighty whiteys :D

The joke's on them...I don't wear underwear.
"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

#30 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:02 AM

If this thing gets moved to AH, Sammy and I will split skulls. :burn:

Oh, and CroMag: Utilikilts
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#31 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:06 AM

Great just another kick in NLDs crotch

86 the Kool Ade -- we need some fvcking icewater for these pussies

Posted ImageRIP Bill 1931-2007
RIP Major/Dr. John Paul Pryor killed in Iraq on 12/25/08. You will be greatly missed and can never be replaced.
What Happened To Dr Pryor?

You might be a Redneck if you brag about running a 11.57@118.14Posted Image

#32 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,389 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:08 AM

Yep Rowdy -- the old man has the utilikilt --

the brother-in-law has the real thing in his family tartan... like Stewart is THAT tough to come by :rolleyes: My husband wants to get a real one made one day in my family's tartan - how cute is that?

I'm here for the party

#33 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,389 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:11 AM

a kick to the MANY crotches of NLD -- that's the whole problem!! :urg: (and breasts)

I'm here for the party

#34 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,593 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 04:08 PM

Man -- patience sammy! Brenda Strong -- that's right -- I DID know her name, I just forgot it. She's BEYOND popular! She's that face you just see everywhere and it never registers. She must have made a FORTUNE!

Well I thought someone would figure her out right away so I had a lot of patience. I dunno if she's "BEYOND popular" but she does seem to be in everything.

If this thing gets moved to AH, Sammy and I will split skulls. :burn:

Oh, and CroMag: Utilikilts

Indeed, c'mon, lets keep this thread clean.

There used to be a guy who wore one of those where I worked. Everyday.

Whaddya know about NLD ya late comer you! :P

NLD is in retirement with the occasional activity.

#35 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,452 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 04:34 PM

more like exile :P

they took the fun away from it hiding it in the adult room.... which in essence killed the point of it!
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#36 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,389 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 04:50 PM

Did you guys see the naked hockey players ad? I think it's an AIDS campaign I never saw. Ugly dudes but the whoel idea gets me thinking how great it would be to see Scott Stevens n... :unsure: had I best go find NLD?

sorry :evil:

I'm here for the party

#37 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,593 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 12:59 AM

When did Wendy's phase out the Big Bacon Classic!? :rant:

#38 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,389 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 01:54 PM

I don't know but you used to be able to get the particle chicken patty as a value meal and you can't do that now. That's been since last fall I think :noclue: Maybe last spring? I wouldn't know -- i don't really eat fast food :giggle:

I'm here for the party

#39 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,593 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 01:57 PM

I don't know but you used to be able to get the particle chicken patty as a value meal and you can't do that now. That's been since last fall I think :noclue: Maybe last spring? I wouldn't know -- i don't really eat fast food :giggle:

You say this as you chomp down a Big Mac :P

Now I'm in the mood for a Big Mac.

#40 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,941 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 02:04 PM

Alright, here I go. This "what else is new" phrase pisses me off. Ok, example time--

Say, for instance, Patty misses the net on a slap shot during the power play. I mean, well, it happens all the time, doesn't it? Well, if Patty misses another shot on the powerplay, someone delightfully adds "What else is new?". Why is that acceptable? I mean, it isn't 'new' if it happens all the time, right? So shouldn't it be, more or less, "What else is old?". Y'know what I'm saying? Help?

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users