NJDevs "Fanatsy" - Smack talk

aylbert

I didn't no taunting could be an offsetting penalty. I have never seen taunting take away penalty either. Wouldn't it just be 15 yards from the spot after the catch?

That's what I thought, but I guess when you have offseting fouls like that....while lame....Jackson is an idiot and a hothead...he's not doing his contract any favors

lol I completely forgot to check the result until now since I was so aggravated about the Devils game. Gronk really saved my ass (again), I would have been ticked losing to a last place team that put up 110+ this week.

Two more wins to the top seed. I'll probably get a bye with just one win given how far ahead I am in points of most of the teams (given that's the tiebreaker), but finishing with the best record and point total would be nice too. Even if it makes me more likely to fall victim to the 'playoff upset' :P

Edited by NJDevs4978

I think both you and I clinch playoff spots once this all rolls over, though. So its a start

Well yeah...but with the parity in the league this year (among top five plus CRASHER, if he makes it) you really want to only have to win two games as opposed to three.

It's kind of amazing I haven't lost two in a row the last two years...but of course, in the playoffs all you need is one :P

Well guess the next two weeks will be a nice little vacation for me at least...since I'll be a game in front of everyone with one week to go and a hundred plus points clear of the next team so I'll win any tiebreak for the #1 seed and the bye as long as I don't leave my lineup empty next week lol.

Having four 8-4 teams will make it an interesting dogfight for the other bye seed, and the clusterfvck for the last spot'll also be something worth watching too (Clown 6-6, CRASHER, RSC - probably - and either ayl/Masked at 5-7).

That's a pretty big might since you still have Drew Breeeees to worry about :lol:

A very big might. 21pts + NYG D vs Brees... so a high scoring affair hurts twice as much :P

Looking at my record, there isn't a game that I had a bad break. I was defeated soundly in all... but I've had the 2nd hardest schedule to date.

Edited by aylbert

Well these are the playoff scenarios:

1. Swamps (9-3) - top seed and bye locked up in all but name, since I'm 112+ points ahead of any potential tiebreak situation

2. VALUE (8-4) - clinches #2 seed and bye with win and either Manta loss or staying within ten points of him this week (since he currently has just over a ten-point lead on Manta in the standings and is significantly ahead of the other 8-4's on points)

3. Manta (8-4) - clinches #2 seed and bye with win and VALUE loss, provided he gets eleven points or more than VALUE this week since he's also well ahead of the other 8-4's on points

4. LIIcedZ (8-4) - needs to win with both VALUE and Manta losing to get the #2 seed due to being too far behind them on points to realistically make up in a week, as well as TeamTBD not jumping him in the standings by gaining thirty-three points on him

5. TeamTBD (8-4) - needs to beat VALUE with Manta losing, along with either a LIIcedZ loss or gaining thirty-three points more than him to get the #2 seed

6. CMONMANTA (6-6) - Clown wins and he's in, with a loss he pretty much needs all the 5-7 teams to lose to still make it since he's behind all of them on points significantly.

7. WWireWhining (5-7) - needs a win and Clown loss to make it, since he's way ahead of the other 5-7 teams on tiebreak

8. Masked (5-7) - needs a win and both Clown/WWireWhining to lose to get in

9. WackMC's (5-7) - pretty much needs to win and have the three teams in front of him all lose to make it, since the other 5-7 teams are way ahead on tiebreak.

Games of note:

Swamps (9-3) vs. Masked (5-7): Masked tries to keep his slim playoff hopes alive, and I start praying nobody gets hurt in a virtual two-week bye for me :P

WaiverWireWhining (5-7) vs. Sworn Defenders (4-8): ayl gets one more chance to play spoiler, CRASHER tries to keep his playoff hopes alive

VALUE (8-4) vs. TeamNameTBD (8-4): plenty of bye week implications for this one since both teams still have a shot at the second bye

Manta (8-4) vs. CMONMANTA (6-6): Manta looks to beat out VALUE for the bye while Clown pretty much needs to win to hang on to the last spot in the playoffs

LongIslandIcedZ (8-4) vs. WackMC's (5-7): RSC tries to keep his really slim playoff hopes alive, while Laflamme tries to keep his slim bye week hopes alive.

Edited by NJDevs4978

officially i need 41.59 points to steal the bye, theres a chance, albeit slim. The freak Forte injury hurt, alot.

Technically it's unofficial since there can always be scoring changes later, but yeah that's about it. You're right about Forte, that was extremely ill-timed as it worked out - but heck, I've lost entire backfields on the eve of the fantasy playoffs before (Gore/Jacobs a few years back, Turner/Benson/Ronnie Brown one year) :P

Right now the matchups shape up like this:

4-5 VALUE vs Manta with the winner playing me in the next round

3-6 You vs. Clown with the winner playing dr

Edited by NJDevs4978

Amazing what my fantasy team has been able to do with Aaron Rodgers and not much else. He's been that good. My dream team backfield worked as well as the Eagles dream team with Charles going out week 1 and CJ being useless until the past couple of weeks. I literally had no running game at all (my fault for doing nothing about it) until the Skins started using Helu.

Even if I never traded depth for Rodgers, I think I would have been fine because I had Cam Newton on my radar pretty early, but once I had Rodgers...no rush to draft a QB for a very long time.

Hope the Packers have every interest in going 16-0 because it will be very hard to win if they play it safe with Rodgers.

I may never say this again, so let's milk this:

CMON MANTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You cheering for someone is tantamount to the "kiss of death". Of all weeks, you pick this week to wield your "magic" thus granting special fantasy football powers enabling Clown to get 40 points from Cam Newton and a career day for Shonn Greene.

Thanks Crasher.

Amazing what my fantasy team has been able to do with Aaron Rodgers and not much else. He's been that good. My dream team backfield worked as well as the Eagles dream team with Charles going out week 1 and CJ being useless until the past couple of weeks. I literally had no running game at all (my fault for doing nothing about it) until the Skins started using Helu.

Even if I never traded depth for Rodgers, I think I would have been fine because I had Cam Newton on my radar pretty early, but once I had Rodgers...no rush to draft a QB for a very long time.

Hope the Packers have every interest in going 16-0 because it will be very hard to win if they play it safe with Rodgers.

Trading Rodger's was a huge risk as I wanted to continuing having him as my franchise player on the MantaRavens.

But you are one injury away in this type of league, so having better depth was my only rationalization. Stafford has been a good replacement, but clearly NOT Aaron Rodgers.

You cheering for someone is tantamount to the "kiss of death". Of all weeks, you pick this week to wield your "magic" thus granting special fantasy football powers enabling Clown to get 40 points from Cam Newton and a career day for Shonn Greene.

Thanks Crasher.

How about drafting a running back that isn't an embarrassment to life and the NFL as we know it and you out-gun sCam and his fraud afternoon??? DJ Ware? Toby Gerhart? Green-Ellis?/

Congratulations on being the Jason Garrett of fantasy owners!