2013-14 OOT Thread

Daniel

Jesus I can't wait till we win another cup- not because I want to win but because hopefully that will shut up all this parise clarkson and kovy crap once and for all.

The last I'll comment on this topic, because this should be the OOT Thread and not the "Parise and Kovalchuk V5.0 Thread" - but you'll be waiting a while for this I suspect.

But just imagine for second how good this team could've been had even one of Parise or Kovalchuk stuck around.  I'd argue our D core will be one of the best league in a few years if even a handful of the prospects we have pan out (Larsson, Gelinas, Merril, Severson, Burlon, Scarlet, Santini, even Helgeson, Hrabarekna and, hell, Urbom - it's ridiculous how deep the pipeline is here).  Hopefully we lock up Cory long term so goaltending is a relative constant and strength.  That's 2/3 positions on this team that are (presumably) solid for the forseeable future.  

All this team needs is an offensive star or two to lead the way and we'd be set.  Like, really set.  Hopefully Lou can work some magic here in the coming years (assuming he doesn't retire) and bring in some scoring talent, because I think we could have a few years of potentially very good Devils hockey in front of us.  We'll see what magic Lou can pull off.

Edited by Devilsfan118

The last I'll comment on this topic, because this should be the OOT Thread and not the "Parise and Kovalchuk V5.0 Thread" - but you'll be waiting a while for this I suspect.

But just imagine for second how good this team could've been had even one of Parise or Kovalchuk stuck around.  I'd argue our D core will be one of the best league in a few years if even a handful of the prospects we have pan out (Larsson, Gelinas, Merril, Severson, Burlon, Scarlet, Santini, even Helgeson, Hrabarekna and, hell, Urbom - it's ridiculous how deep the pipeline is here).  Hopefully we lock up Cory long term so goaltending is a relative constant and strength.  That's 2/3 positions on this team that are (presumably) solid for the forseeable future.  

All this team needs is an offensive star or two to lead the way and we'd be set.  Like, really set.  Hopefully Lou can work some magic here in the coming years (assuming he doesn't retire) and bring in some scoring talent, because I think we could have a few years of potentially very good Devils hockey in front of us.  We'll see what magic Lou can pull off.

I completely agree with everything in this post.

It's funny, but Ryder has already crushed Kovalchuk's output from last year. He's done his job very well at a fraction of the cost.

I still believe Clowe is better than Clarkson. His play making certainly is. I think the goals will come, but he probably won't score more than Clarkie

Parise is the one who stings, but in 3 or 4 years, you guys will be thankful

It's funny, but Ryder has already crushed Kovalchuk's output from last year. He's done his job very well at a fraction of the cost.

I still believe Clowe is better than Clarkson. His play making certainly is. I think the goals will come, but he probably won't score more than Clarkie

Parise is the one who stings, but in 3 or 4 years, you guys will be thankful

ryder has done well thus far..but you definently cannot compare him to kovalchuk by any means dont forget he was injured last year for a while and missed a handful of games... clowe well i dont think i can agree and say hes better then clarkson atleast yet but hopefully he starts contributing offensively we need him to score some goals not just move the puck around... these one goal games arent going to get us very far

just read rumours on hockey30 about us and Pittsburgh in the running to acquire Olli Jokinen... not too sure i'd want that

I would be surprised, we would have to have a sizable contract going the other way, unless god forbid Elias is done for the season. Plus I don't think Winnipeg is looking for defensemen other than Merrill and Larsson and they certainly aren't the price for jokinen.

You know Cory and volch are hoping for jokinen to come in if for no other reason than he would surpass both of them as ugliest guy on the team.

Edited by dmann422

I think Єklund (2.3% accurate) has a better ratio than the Devils when it comes to being linked to players.

lol yeah any speculation in devils trades is just that, Lou rarely has any leaks. I think the kovy trade had some rumblings a few days in advance but that's all I can really remember.

lol yeah any speculation in devils trades is just that, Lou rarely has any leaks. I think the kovy trade had some rumblings a few days in advance but that's all I can really remember.

Nice summary on the Kovy trade: http://www.mynhltraderumors.com/2010/02/04/ilya-kovalchuk-trade-rumors/

Didn't really heat up until Thrashers people were seen scouting AHL games, IIRC. Hell, I can't remember the Devils being mentioned much nor seen as a key player like the Kings or Flyers were.

Nice summary on the Kovy trade: http://www.mynhltraderumors.com/2010/02/04/ilya-kovalchuk-trade-rumors/

Didn't really heat up until Thrashers people were seen scouting AHL games, IIRC. Hell, I can't remember the Devils being mentioned much nor seen as a key player like the Kings or Flyers were.

thanks for the link. I love this line in the breakdown of potential teams: "devils- only mentioned recently, but shrouded in secrecy." Every other team has a paragraph written about them and that's all we have. Lol yep that sounds like Lou.

Wonder if Lou could pull off something like... trading something "meh" or something he knows he'll lose anyway for Burmistrov's rights to Winnipeg ? Big gamble but depending on how low the Jets are on him it might be worth a gamble if they can convince him to be back, i believe he had trouble with the coach (which is gone now) but who knows, change of scenery could  help maybe? not sure how he's doing in the KHL right now

Edited by SterioDesign