RUMOR Jagr interested in Devils

Zubie#8

And to this day Richer is the last Montreal Canadiens player to score 50 goals in a season.

Meeting him three weeks ago was a thrill and glad I got his autograph and got to shook his hand. Wish there was a bigger turnout though.

..yeah, he was far and away one of the nicest guys I've ever had the chance to meet.

How publicized was the autograph signing? I didn't even hear a mention of it anywhere. I definitely would've went to see Magnum‘44. Glad you got the opportunity if you've never in the past.

..yeah, he was far and away one of the nicest guys I've ever had the chance to meet.

How publicized was the autograph signing? I didn't even hear a mention of it anywhere. I definitely would've went to see Magnum‘44. Glad you got the opportunity if you've never in the past.

It was publicized on their FB page as well as on the 233 Crazies FB page, and JAG Sports page.  Outside of that nothing else really.

I should have put it on here in the Autograph signings thread in the Marketplace, but honestly every time I saw it I said to myself I would but then when I got here I would forget.  I honestly forgot about it again until the day before.

Who? If we had an abundance of good young wings, I'd completely agree with you, but Matteau would benefit from a year in the AHL, Tedenby looks like a bust, and if DeBo ends up benching Gio, I don't think anybody would freak out too badly (much as I and some others like him as a person). I was in favor of the Tallinder trade for exactly that reason, but there are blueliners in the system who stood to gain from that.

Jagr in our top 6 would pretty much mean JJ is relegated to 4th line duty all season.

Anyone expecting tons of goals out of Jagr at this point in his career is demented.  He's a 20 goal guy.  Can 20 goal guys have huge playoff droughts?  Sure can.  Hell, Holik went years in the playoffs without scoring, and that was near his prime.  Did Jagr have 10 assists, which is basically what we should expect out of him?  Did he drive play to a great degree? Yes, and yes.  The concern I'd have is him holding up over 82 games, but someone in the NHL should be signing this guy.

Would rather have Josefson in there, he is going to have a breakout year.

I don't know about that breakout year, though I do think he's better than his stat line has suggested in the past. I 100% agree that I'd rather have JJ get some ice time with quality line-mates.

When I think of JJ, I think of this play. I really hope he can have a good year because I see the talent he has and I think he can be a very effective player.

Edited by ATLL765

I don't know about that breakout year, though I do think he's better than his stat line has suggested in the past. I 100% agree that I'd rather have JJ get some ice time with quality line-mates.

When I think of JJ, I think of this play. I really hope he can have a good year because I see the talent he has and I think he can be a very effective player.

If you watch the below the net camera I think you can tell Josefson didn't pass that but it was the defenseman knocking the puck away.

a breakout for JJ is 10-15-25...

I'd say him actually staying healthy and staying up with the big club all season would be a breakout.

Too bad JJ didn't actually assist on that play.

Would rather have Josefson in there, he is going to have a breakout year.

Maybe he is, but I don't see Jagr hurting him. I'd have no problem putting Jagr on Josefson's wing on the third line. 

If we sign Jagr, what will that make the average age of this team...40?

Jagr can be somewhat effective even at his advanced age, but I'd rather have Brunner at this point.  Not the worst thing in the world if we signed him to a 1 year deal, especially if we aren't in the playoff hunt at the deadline and are able to flip him to a contender.

So Zero, are you going to tell us where you heard this Jagr thing or not? There's nothing anywhere about it.

It was mentioned by a poster on TG's blog earlier today.  Guy claimed he knew someone with inside information.  TG's response was, unless his informant was Lou himself, then the guy had no clue who Lou was meeting with.

It was mentioned by a poster on TG's blog earlier today. Guy claimed he knew someone with inside information. TG's response was, unless his informant was Lou himself, then the guy had no clue who Lou was meeting with.

The CAA security guard finally got hired at the Rock! Good for him!

So Zero, are you going to tell us where you heard this Jagr thing or not? There's nothing anywhere about it.

It was mentioned by a poster on TG's blog earlier today.  Guy claimed he knew someone with inside information.  TG's response was, unless his informant was Lou himself, then the guy had no clue who Lou was meeting with.

Awesome. Everyone with their 'inside info'. Seriously, these Twitter a$$holes are the worst.