So who wants to come home to the Devils

roomtemp

Hockey in NJ hasn't been..significant enough to have a ton of home-grown players in the NHL.  I suspect that'll change in about 15 years, whether the Devils will still in NJ to reap the benefits remains to be seen.

Wow, you really do need a break from the board.

People need to step back from the ledge a little. Horton isn't from Columbus, Clowe isn't from Jersey, etc etc.

These guys left for 'home', but they also left for gigantic amounts of money at home. Parise didn't go to Minny for peanuts, Clarkson is going to be hated unless he puts up numbers that are close to what a 5 million dollar guy should put up, and Kovy will be making money in Russia that he couldn't possibly make on even a maximum NHL contract.

Well, John Carlson has both claimed and not claimed that he was a Devils fan growing up.  Kyle Palmieri was a Rangers fan, Bobby Ryan was a Flyers fan, JVR was a Rangers fan.  Can't think of any other prominent players from New Jersey right now.

James Van Remsdyke went to CBA (Christian Brothers Academy) here in New Jersey. I actually have a buddy who plays for my high school hockey team and plays against Van Remsdyke's little brother.

James Van Remsdyke went to CBA (Christian Brothers Academy) here in New Jersey. I actually have a buddy who plays for my high school hockey team and plays against Van Remsdyke's little brother.

I recall he was more the Philly kid playing at home since he's from south NJ, which is mostly Flyers territory.