24/7 Rangers Flyers

Revan

I don't think it speaks badly.. The Mets require you to buy a ticket plan/pack in order to get Yankee tickets (then hold a lottery for the remaining tickets).. Not only does it attempt to keep Yankee fans out, but it boosts sales for other games..

Maybe it boosts sales for other games marginally but it sure doesn't keep Yankee fans out, Citi Field's always been half filled with Yankee fans.

You can take all the 'precautions' you want, it isn't going to prevent sth's from selling their tickets on the secondary market to make a profit, it isn't going to prevent Ranger fans from waiting till the last minute till the tickets become available to buy them at prices still below MSG levels and it isn't going to prevent people from voluntarily bringing Ranger fans who they know - best friend, spouse, dad, etc.

I don't know I mean I hear what you guys are saying but I feel like for this one game we could have taken a better approach then just accepting defeat and giving in to the status quo.. I mean the team completely shot down my south jersey viewing party idea stating it was just a lost cause but I fought for it and they're probably going to make it a tradition after how successful it was.. Obviously very different and on a much smaller scale but I just want to see progress and you have to admit it would be cool to have that building be all red and hostile as sh*t when those cameras are in there and everyone is watching

I'm interested to see how it all plays out.. Maybe the game will suck and we'll get as much (or really, as little) time on the show as we did last season when we played in Washington

Edited by Colin226

Here's what the Ranger$ will be wearing. Looks like their 70's "Furguson" jerseys and their current roads threw up on one another.

wc-vi.png

Eh. Not overly excited about them but I guess thats the "classic" of the winter classic. I just hope its a good game and theres some snow.

I also hope that next year they branch out of the original six.

Edited by Quinn01

Why does every team have to invent crappy Winter Classic jerseys that they're only going to wear once? They're such an eye-sore, I don't think any self respecting Ranger fan would even want one of these. I'd like to see these teams wear their traditional jerseys at least once.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Why does every team have to invent crappy Winter Classic jerseys that they're only going to wear once? They're such an eye-sore, I don't think any self respecting Ranger fan would even want one of these. I'd like to see these teams wear their traditional jerseys at least once.

Actually, if we go back since its inception, both Buffalo and Pitt use their WC jerseys regularly [buff's is now their away, pitt alternate home]

Chicago uses theirs occasionally and i think Detroit does as well.

Stop me if i'm wrong, but Philly's current home is their first WC jersey.

Washington used last years WC jersey versus the sabres yesterday.

just saying ;)

There are teams who wore the jerseys more then once and even adopted them into current style. Only Buffalo and Boston wore their WC designed jerseys for the Winter Classic only.

I have a Sabres game worn from the 2008 game and they really should have made that their primary when they changed to the "Retro/Modern" set they have now.

Edited by SJP20

Keeping with the NHL's plan for originality and trying to make sure every team plays in a WC, I'm predicting Pittsburgh-Detroit for next year. :P

Well the Rangers are guaranteed a home WC now that they are the away team for one.. Odds are that we won't be facing them in it, but I have an idea.. What if they hold a Devils vs. Islanders game on the outdoor rink (wherever it ends up being put) the day before the WC on New Years Eve..

It would be the closest thing we'll probably ever have to being in the WC and I know I'd still have a blast.. Would also be a good way for the League to maximize profits out of the outdoor rink

you will truly be missing out if your lone reason for not watching is because of the teams involved.

Couldn't be more right.. The show is amazing regardless of who is on it.. Can't wait for it

Eh. Not overly excited about them but I guess thats the "classic" of the winter classic. I just hope its a good game and theres some snow.

I also hope that next year they branch out of the original six.

Only one of the games had 2 original six teams.

But I would like them to branch out of the NBC Faves. Pittsburgh, Detroit, Chicago, NYR, Philly, Washington, Boston. I don't know how Buffalo managed to be in one of those games.

But I would like them to branch out of the NBC Faves.

Well, that's the real trick, because NBC has a very big say in it. It's all about TV: CBC saw the Classic brought a lot of attention and money, so they wanted their own WC and they got the Heritage Classic back last year. If the teams involved don't draw too well on NBC, the station will make its best to change the pairing.

When it comes to the Devils, well, at least we're not some California team playing in a hot region, so the weather is here, the stadiums are laso here, so is a big metro area... The thing we're missing is the fans' and media attention, but who knows, we might end up in one of those someday, after all.

you will truly be missing out if your lone reason for not watching is because of the teams involved.

Knowing me, sooner or later I'll give in and try to watch an episode, but I'm genuinely afraid about my TV's condition and I don't think the guarantee covers remote control-made holes. :P

The fact of the matter is that NBC needs high ratings for this game so they will always pick the bigger market teams who draw higher ratings.. That is why the Devils are 20+ years at least from a Winter Classic if ever at all.. It sucks but then again it's good for the sport overall

• 2 weeks later...

anyway, this is tonight. Does anyone know of a feed that streams HBO in real time? Downloading after is an option but real time would be easier

I know the FiOS app for XBox 360 came out yesterday and it streams HBO.. Otherwise try p2p4u.net.. Might work, might not.. Also check the Flyers boards on HF as they might have someone streaming it

I'm so pumped for this.. 24/7 is just amazing.. You will never see better insight into the life of an NHL team from management to the players

I know the FiOS app for XBox 360 came out yesterday and it streams HBO.. Otherwise try p2p4u.net.. Might work, might not.. Also check the Flyers boards on HF as they might have someone streaming it

I'm so pumped for this.. 24/7 is just amazing.. You will never see better insight into the life of an NHL team from management to the players

i would imagine you would need to have HBO on your fios account.