GDT: Eastern Conference Semis - Game 2 NJ @ Philadelphia - 5/1/12

NJCroMag

Just checking to see how Kovalchuk's ice time was distributed. Henrique had the most ice time of forwards (21:54) which is 6 minutes more than he had in game 1. Andy Greene picked up Kovy's time on the PP.

Henrique's play has really picked up the last 5 games after slumping for the prior 15 or 20.

Some good quotes form TG on Fire and ice from the players especially Marty about Clarkson, its always good to see players taking the pi$$ out of each other:

“I always tell him that he can’t pass the puck, but he had like six, seven assists already,” Brodeur said. “I was like, ‘Maybe you’re a passer now in the playoffs.’ So, it’s nice for him to go to the net and score a typical one of his goals – just hard-nosed, jump on the crossbar, hold it for a second for pictures and moved on.’ I was happy for him. He works hard. He’s got the beard too. He’s proud of that.”

After scoring what turned out to be the winning goal, David Clarkson ended up in a plank position on top of the net, which he had knocked off its pegs after he had been pushed into from behind.

“My superman?” Clarkson asked. “I got shoved from behind and ended up on the net and Zach (Parise) was behind the net, so I was kind of excited. We were yelling a little bit.”

“I was trying to pull him off,” Paris said. “I was like, ‘Get out here. Let’s celebrate.’”

:koolaid:

Wow...just wow...in a season full of pleasant surprises, this one was the best by far.

I thought the Devils would find a way to win one game in this series (maybe two if everything broke right), but I thought if they did win, they wouldn't come close to doing it the way they did last night...if anything, I would've had them winning a Game 1-type game, where afterwards you say, "How the hell did they win THAT one?" This game was so impressive on so many levels...I'll be the first to admit I didn't think they had a game like that in them, not with this matchup, not against that opponent. And as the game unfolded, it would've been so crushing if they couldn't have gotten one past Bryzgalov...and it's not like we haven't seen games like that, when the Devils simply can't put one past the opposing goaltender no matter what they do, even if that goalie's pedigree is nothing special.

A huge win on all levels. We'll see soon enough if Game 2 was more a result of the Flyers playing poorly than the Devils executing their game plan extremely well, but for the first time since I knew the Flyers would be the Devils' second-round opponent, I feel some optimism.

Also its fianlly good to see the Devils being in the playoffs long enough to actually get some decent beard action going.

Clarkson looks a lot tougher with his ginger beard :D

Totally! Love seeing that. Andy Greene is looking bad-ass with his beard.

With the 2 day rest between game 3 & 4, and the win last night, its safe to say that Kovy will not play game 3. I would think they would rather have him rest those extra days than chance aggravating an injury. This wouldn't be the case if the devils lost last night. Down 2 games they might try to push Kovy in game 3.

According to the guys on NHL Tonight, the Devils just keep coming at you. I love that.

Totally! Love seeing that. Andy Greene is looking bad-ass with his beard.

I was thinking he would look like Billy Crystal with a beard, but Greene pulls it off.

Wow...just wow...in a season full of pleasant surprises, this one was the best by far.

I thought the Devils would find a way to win one game in this series (maybe two if everything broke right), but I thought if they did win, they wouldn't come close to doing it the way they did last night...if anything, I would've had them winning a Game 1-type game, where afterwards you say, "How the hell did they win THAT one?" This game was so impressive on so many levels...I'll be the first to admit I didn't think they had a game like that in them, not with this matchup, not against that opponent. And as the game unfolded, it would've been so crushing if they couldn't have gotten one past Bryzgalov...and it's not like we haven't seen games like that, when the Devils simply can't put one past the opposing goaltender no matter what they do, even if that goalie's pedigree is nothing special.

+1

This game showed me the Flyers are beatable. I don't know if it was about the Devils shutting them down defensively and tactically or it was just an off-night for the Flyers, but I was really excited last night. By far the Devils' best game of these playoffs. It's worth noting the Flyers haven't scored less than 2 goals in their previous games this postseason.

• Like 1

florida was sooo much better behind their net than these guys, it was like a party for us.

zubie was a monster in the 4th, harrold, bernier, zajac, carter gio, greene, zids, patty and zach are getting it done oops left out henrique, ...goes without saying

larsson and A-train showed signs of life

shutting up the flyer fans and NBC priceless

Edited by EdgeControl

florida was sooo much better behind their net than these guys, it was like a party for us.

zubie was a monster in the 4th, harrold, bernier, zajac, carter gio, greene, zids, patty and zach are getting it done

larsson and A-train showed signs of life

shutting up the flyer fans and NBC priceless

I would like to see Poni pick up his game a little. He had me facepalming a few times.

+1

This game showed me the Flyers are beatable. I don't know if it was about the Devils shutting them down defensively and tactically or it was just an off-night for the Flyers, but I was really excited last night. By far the Devils' best game of these playoffs. It's worth noting the Flyers haven't scored less than 2 goals in their previous games this postseason.

Wait...what?