NJDevs FHL Season #9 is underway!

NJDevs4978

Well finally Yahoo! has gotten off their a$ and started Fantasy Hockey this year. As per usual I'm hoping to have twenty teams but if not then we'll deal, I'd rather not have the number of dead teams we had last year but will welcome anyone who wants to sign up

Just to distinguish this from the other league, it's roto and the other one's head to head. We start two centers, two LW's, two RW's, four D's, one Utility spot and one goalie, each position with an 82-game limit (ergo, you have a 164-game limit to start a C at).

Our draft will be at some point very close to when the season starts since I'll be overseas from the 6th to the 20th. Right now I have it set as September 29, as so not to conflict with Devil preseason home games or the fact I'm usually busy Tuesday and Saturday nights but if you want to join the league post or let me know what days/times work best for you and we'll try to work something out to ensure maximum attendance possible to the live draft.

When we set the league filled up (probably after I get back from vacation) or have twenty people signed up, then I'll pick my draft spot - my prize for winning the league last year - and randomize everyone else's. I tried to send e-mails to the most active teams last year through Yahoo! but I'm not sure it worked as the site or my work computer seems to be having technical difficulties but I'll PM the league 'regulars' - about seven or eight other people who do join every year and are active - and whoever else is interested the relevant info later.

So, who wants in?

Edited by aylbert

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might as well move it here, still plenty of spots open. If we don't get filled up by the 6th I'll probably make the rest of the entries public, first come first serve (it basically is anyway, I just want to save enough spots for people I'd previously PM'ed until that point) since I won't be around to PM anyone info for two weeks.

There's seven at last count, eight when Manta signs up and I'm only waiting on a couple others.

Edited by NJDevs4978

btw this year I think I'm eliminating a couple of the goalie categories (losses and saves), goalies were just too powerful with one position deciding six categories as opposed to eleven forward/defense positions with eight offensive categories.

So now there's still eight skater categories - goals, assists, points, plus-minus, PIM's, power play points, shorthanded points and faceoff wins.

And four goalie categories - wins, goals against average, save percentage and shutouts.

Edited by NJDevs4978

btw this year I think I'm eliminating a couple of the goalie categories (losses and saves), goalies were just too powerful with one position deciding six categories as opposed to eleven forward/defense positions with eight offensive categories.

So now there's still eight skater categories - goals, assists, points, plus-minus, PIM's, power play points, shorthanded points and faceoff wins.

And four goalie categories - wins, goals against average, save percentage and shutouts.

IF possible I would like to see HITS and Blocked Shots added as well. Not a big fan of only the dimension of the points category having such influence, and distorting the value of other facets of the game.

IF possible I would like to see HITS and Blocked Shots added as well. Not a big fan of only the dimension of the points category having such influence, and distorting the value of other facets of the game.

I think that both are options, but I want to see what others think on that one too before adding one or both in. I wouldn't mind more forward/defense categories to further close the gap between having good skaters and a good goalie or two, and blocked shots would at least provide another useful d-man stat.

Edited by NJDevs4978

+1. If we add either, I would recommend subtracting an already existing offensive category. I give the ax to shorthanded goals.

P.S. No live draft?

Edited by Biggie B