Projected 2011-2012 line-up

USC09

I know its a bit early to do so, but with the Devils projected to finish 29/30 in NHL this year, here is what there line-up could look like.

Parise Zajac Zubrus

Kovalchuk Couturier Clarkson

Elias Josefson Tedenby

Rolston Pelley Vasyunov/Zharkov

Greene Salvador

White Tallinder

Volchenkov Corrente

Notes: The Devils need puck movers on defense, so hopefully they will pursue Kaberle and hopefully Elias can court him to NJ.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know its a bit early to do so, but with the Devils projected to finish 29/30 in NHL this year, here is what there line-up could look like.

Parise Zajac Zubrus

Elias Josefson Tedenby

Greene Salvador

White Tallinder

Volchenkov Corrente

Notes: The Devils need puck movers on defense, so hopefully they will pursue Kaberle and hopefully Elias can court him to NJ.

Wow, a player we don't even have is Kovalchuk's center next year? Gimme some winning lottery numbers while you're at it.

i'd rather see something like...

Parise - Zajac - Lang

Kovalchuk - Josefson - Zubs

Elias - (Cheaper) Arnott - Tedenby

Mair - Pelley - Gionta/Zharkov or wtv

Taormina Volchenkov

White Tallinder

Greene Salvador

with all that i presume that somehow Clarkson, Rolston is gone... Arnott resigned for really cheap and Lang signed for cheaper too, obviously hard to tell what kind of players we could get through trades or picks/prospect

ohhhh and i think we could get Larsson but he's not gonna be ready for NHL next season... but he'd be in our system

========

here's some things i'd like to see knowing its impossible

it would break my heart but... Elias + 2nd for Eberle or Olivier Roy / Langs + 4th for shattenkirk / Clarkson for MacArthur... Rolston for a puck... not even a bag of pucks... just... one... single... used.... puck!

Parise Zajac Zubrus

Elias Josefson Tedenby

Greene Salvador

White Tallinder

Volchenkov Corrente

Clarkson on the 2nd line? Let's say we do happen to have this group next year, do you want him playing with Kovy or Couturier? The guy cannot skate, shoot, or even enforce well. He is terrible, just like this projected lineup.

it would break my heart but... Elias + 2nd for Eberle or Olivier Roy / Langs + 4th for shattenkirk / Clarkson for MacArthur... Rolston for a puck... not even a bag of pucks... just... one... single... used.... puck!

That would work. These teams trading their up and comers or bright spots for oldies and guys that can't stand on skates. Who do they think they are, the New Jersey Devils?!?!

Parise Zajac Zubrus

Elias Josefson Tedenby

Greene Salvador

White Tallinder

Volchenkov Corrente

it's not too early anymore to start thinking about next year - that's really all we've got.

i think one of clarkson/rolston aren't on this team next year at forward

Greene/Salvadaor/Corrente won't/shouldn't be part of next year's defense.

i'm still holding out for larsson instead of couturier and i would actually think he will be in the NHL next year.

My plan:

Rolston to Chicago for Brian Campbell.

Waive Tallinder + Salvador and loan them somewhere else (call it the ViVi treatment). Trade Mr. Inconsistencies such as Clarkson, Fraser, and Greene away for picks.

"p" indicates projected.

Parise (7p)-Zajac (3.88)-Langenbrunner (1.5p)

Kovalchuk (6.67)-Zubrus (3.4)-zharkov (.85p)

Elias (6)-Josefson (.9)-Tedenby (.9)

palmeiri (.8p)-Pelley (.525)-Mair (.5)

32.925M for F.

volchenkov (4.25)-Campbell (7.1)

White (3)-Taormina (.75p)

Corrente (.9p)-Salmela (.9p)

Fayne (.51)

17.41M for D

Brodeur (5.2) and Frazee (.5p)

5.7M for G

Overall: 56.025M + 1M buyout of Pando and peters = 57.025M

So that we have 2M for injury call-up.

I thought about Brian Campbell too and they'd trade Rolston for Cambpell - you'd have to think. But Campbell's contract is massive. We can't have that on the roster. It would be...insane.

I think Rolston will be re-entried and claimed.

This will go through a hundred variations between now and october. I could possibly see.

Parise-Zajac-Zubrus

Kovy-Peverly-Tedenby

Elias-Josefson-Zharkov

Pelley-Rupp-Clarkson

Volchenkov-Taormina

White-Larsson

Tallinder-Urbom

HOI your lineup makes me weep for the future. I'm not really going to participate in this exercise until the trade deadline is over because so much can change. I do know that the more rookies you put in the lineup, the worse it is.

i saw no reason to give a prohibitive +1 to HOI because i knew this was coming. i like your "you're just trying to make me mad" line better.

also - i pray that you had the scene from Chez Quis in your head when you used that line. if not, i'm ashamed of you.

Edited by sundstrom

HOI your lineup makes me weep for the future. I'm not really going to participate in this exercise until the trade deadline is over because so much can change. I do know that the more rookies you put in the lineup, the worse it is.

Tri, that's because I don't think this team makes strides until 2012-13 - when we could possibly have Merril, Urbom, Taormina and maybe Larsson.

We have Merril and Urbom, and to a lesser extent Taormina in the system - so do we draft Larsson anyway? - Do we hope for a top pairing of Merril-Larsson in the future?

I'm not sure we are going to improve until the Parise thing settles itself out, the bad contracts come off the cap and so on.

i saw no reason to give a prohibitive +1 to HOI because i knew this was coming. i like your "you're just trying to make me mad" line better.

also - i pray that you had the scene from Chez Quis in your head when you used that line. if not, i'm ashamed of you.

c'mon, that's obviously where that's from.

Tri, that's because I don't think this team makes strides until 2012-13 - when we could possibly have Merril, Urbom, Taormina and maybe Larsson.

We have Merril and Urbom, and to a lesser extent Taormina in the system - so do we draft Larsson anyway? - Do we hope for a top pairing of Merril-Larsson in the future?

I'm not sure we are going to improve until the Parise thing settles itself out, the bad contracts come off the cap and so on.

uh why are we not mentioning volchenkov? is that because he's not awesome? he's still going to be good in 4 years, too. i mean, i'd rather sign andy greene at a discount (2MM per) than go with that lineup for sure. 18 year old defensemen stink.

Tri - Andy Greene stinks. At $2mm, you've just joined the LL seminar for roster composition at the Rocco columbo school for women.

nothing on the reference.

greene ES SV% while on ice by season:

2007-08: .932

2008-09: .953

2009-10: .938

2010-11: .869

which of these is not like the others? don't be fooled. greene's not playing particularly well, but he's still pretty good, and the D market always blows. if it's a mistake, he's easily gotten rid of - there is always someone looking for cheap defense that might be good. it is a way better option than kevin bieksa, for example.

and yes, i am aware that greene is now playing against tougher competition than he was in those earlier years. the point is that greene was also a negative corsi player earlier on and is now a positive corsi player.

nothing on the reference.

greene ES SV% while on ice by season:

2007-08: .932

2008-09: .953

2009-10: .938

2010-11: .869

which of these is not like the others? don't be fooled. greene's not playing particularly well, but he's still pretty good, and the D market always blows. if it's a mistake, he's easily gotten rid of - there is always someone looking for cheap defense that might be good. it is a way better option than kevin bieksa, for example.

and yes, i am aware that greene is now playing against tougher competition than he was in those earlier years. the point is that greene was also a negative corsi player earlier on and is now a positive corsi player.

Blah, blah, blah BULLsh!t.

IF this team has AG in their top 4 they will go nowhere - and spending $2M on a 3rd pair guy is ridiculous.

IF LL is going to seriouslly reload or rebuild he needs to get away from these mid-tier-mid-pay guys and commit to someone to play with Anton.

IF AG wants 1M or less thats a different story.

Edited by DevilinLA

Blah, blah, blah BULLsh!t.

IF this team has AG in their top 4 they will go nowhere - and spending $2M on a 3rd pair guy is ridiculous.

IF LL is going to seriouslly reload or rebuild he needs to get away from these mid-tier-mid-pay guys and commit to someone to play with Anton.

IF AG wants 1M or less thats a different story.

yeah like they went nowhere last year, except that they won the division. just keep having your talking points and don't adjust them based on evidence. sv% on ice tends to regress heavily toward the mean.

you have no clue what $2M/season buys on the free agent market. it buys nothing. look at the dross that's paid that much who are of UFA age. again, people would beg for greene at $2M if the devils were unhappy with him.

Edited by Triumph

yeah like they went nowhere last year, except that they won the division. just keep having your talking points and don't adjust them based on evidence. sv% on ice tends to regress heavily toward the mean.

you have no clue what $2M/season buys on the free agent market. it buys nothing. look at the dross that's paid that much who are of UFA age. again, people would beg for greene at $2M if the devils were unhappy with him.

The evidence exists over 4 seasons now.

At this point LL's strategy should be to NOT pick up another $2M man - but save that $$$ for a bigger UFA investment to play w/ANTON.

White, Tally, and Anton remain.

At this point you get the same level of production from any other of our kids or Samela as Greene at $2M.

I strongly suggest you email your Corsi, Stats, and Astrological projections to the GM's from around the NHL and maybe we can get something of use for AG, instead of LL pulling another "Clarkson" and paying a depth player well above his worth,