R.I.P Pat Burns

jagknife

Devils statement:

“On behalf of the ownership, management, staff, and players of the New Jersey Devils, we are all deeply saddened by the loss of Pat Burns. “Pat was a close friend to us all, while dedicating his life to his family and to the game of hockey. He has been part of our family here in New Jersey for eight years. Today, the hockey world has lost a great friend and ambassador. Our thoughts and prayers are with his wife, Line, and the entire Burns’ family.”
Edited by Par9

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May the road rise up to meet you,

May the wind be ever at your back

May the sun shine warm upon your face

And the rain fall softly on your fields

And until we meet again, May God hold

you in the hollow of his hand...

Edited by mdsieve

Even as a longtime Sabres fan and watching Burns go up against the Sabres for many years as the 'enemy', it is impossible not to admire and respect what Burns was as a coach and the way he handled himself after his coaching career.

He was upfront, honest, and a winner.

I wish his day for the HOF would have come this past season when he would have been able to be a part of it, but he will someday and deserves it.

I absolutely love these comments by Burns:

"I probably won't see the project to the end, but let's hope I'm looking down on it and see a young Wayne Gretzky or Mario Lemieux" skating on the rink, he said at a ceremony attended by Prime Minister Stephen Harper.

"I know my life is nearing its end and I accept that.

"As for my career, I always said to my kids, 'you don't cry because it's over, you're happy because it happened.' That's the main thing. I'm happy it happened."

It is a lesson to us all: Live each day to the fullest. Be positive, no matter what the circumstances are.

The NHL would be a much better place with more guys like Pat Burns around.

RIP.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.