NJDevs FHL Season #8 underway!

NJDevs4978

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the meantime we need the last straggler to sign up (of the nineteen remaining invites) or decline, and one more player to fill the last spot.

Plus I want to keep track of who's who...I can figure out most of the teams based on past participation or using their own screenames as the team name but who are Bracknell Blizzards, DogGoneLivesOn and devils?

Edited by Hasan4978

I joined a league created by someone on Twitter. I think it's pretty good. I have: Briere, Savard, Elias, Parise, Latendresse, Fehr, Pronger, Corvo, Burrows, Ference, Burns, Goligoski, Lucic, Kadri, Brule, Niskanen, Modano, Wilson, Ennis.

The part that sucks is my goalies are Biron and Roloson. Meanwhile someone has Lundqvist AND Miller haha.

I joined a league created by someone on Twitter. I think it's pretty good. I have: Briere, Savard, Elias, Parise, Latendresse, Fehr, Pronger, Corvo, Burrows, Ference, Burns, Goligoski, Lucic, Kadri, Brule, Niskanen, Modano, Wilson, Ennis.

The part that sucks is my goalies are Biron and Roloson. Meanwhile someone has Lundqvist AND Miller haha.

I don't know how deep your league is, but I'm sorry to say, that team looks pretty brutal to me. No offense, but it is. :) Parise and Pronger are pretty much the only ones that will give you a lot of support. And you won't get anywhere with Roloson and Biron as your goalies.

And now that we're all set, without any further ado here's the draft order...note since Yahoo! has a snaking draft this is the order for all odd numbered rounds, including the first round. It inverses for even-numbered rounds, so for example I get the first pick of the draft and the last pick of the second round. Then the first pick of the third round and so forth.

As per tradition the league winner gets to pick where they draft though every year we've done this the league winner has opted for the top spot and I'm no exception this year. Everyone else I randomized by putting a team name on a piece of paper, turning them over, shuffling them and coming up with this order.

1. New Jersey Swamps

2. bdubdevs

3. devils

4. Extreme Reds

5. DogGoneLivesOn

6. Dynamo Nation

7. halfsharkalligator

8. Cali Hippies

9. dutch swedes

10. par99

11. NeoThrashers

12. Sworn Defenders

13. Lad's Pad

14. Bracknell Blizzards

15. PattyElias26

16. Don't Toews Me Bro!

17. Devilswede

18. The Six

19. Sabre Status Quos

20. Pat Zajac

I think I was 5th last year, and that did not work out so well, ( becuase I missee the 1st 2 rounds!)

Has have you set a definite draft time yet?

Ideally I want to set it like seven days before the draft so someone doesn't get thrown by a last-minute switch. Right now it's listed as Thursday the 30th but it's subject to change, so read your PM's...the more of you that respond, the better a consensus I can get on a good draft time for the majority. So far I've only heard from the Swedes and a couple others on the board.

A couple years ago we had pretty good attendance at the live draft - at least 15-16 teams. Last year I think it was more like 12 so hopefully we can get closer to the 15-16.

14th wont be too bad, i think i was around that area two years ago, time to start planning.

Also i couldn't figure out autodraft for the life of me , so i will be up stupidly late doing it manually.

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9

Ok i realised autodraft just works off your pre draft rankings, so i tried again, and realised that it wont get me a very ballanced team. i am litterally going to have to set my alarm for 3am and then draft!! then get up at 7.30am to go paintballing.

It was two and a half hours exactly last year...I think it's been around that time most years, considering it's twenty teams and eighteen rounds (360 picks total). That's why I initially didn't want to do it too late but on a Friday I think we can manage.

I wonder how long Kovy will last in the draft? :lol: I'll end some of the suspense now and state publicly his running buddy in Russia this offseason will be the first pick :)

Edited by Hasan4978