MacLean has been fired. Confirmed on NJ.com

thefiestygoat

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny that you say this as Nick Kypreos on "Hockey Central" today told Dano during his interview that,

"the firing of Maclean was done only to make one player happy---Ilya Kovalchuk".

yeah the other guys were really pulling their weight, it was kovalchuk who was the big let down. kypreos still hasn't recovered from the vandenbussche incident.

How can Stevens ask these current players to play the game like he did? Andy Green (like Paul Martin) is just not physical, as is Taormina. (they smack players with their European handbags) If we had a decent D corps, this wouldn't have happened.

Sadly, there aren't any in Albany ready for prime time.

It's not playing as he did (first off he's too modest to SAY that out loud) and second off: Steven just played hockey. Any guy can do it and sure some are more skilled but this isn't about lack of skill now.

Stevens understood that you might not be able to teach superb ice sight, but you can certainly make it clear when everyone on ice has their head up their ass. HOW? By CALLING THEM ON IT physically - not merely verbally. Verbally isn't enough for this crew :noclue: You know, and verbal is no fun these are physical guys who understand physical lessons, not all the mental masturbation that's been going on. :blahblah: who needs all this talk? Get on ice DO it or get you body smashed and smashed HARD.

(:unsure: hmmm... sounds sort of fun)

EDIT: this is the key to the whole turn-around and it's going to get burried by more Kovalchuk bitching and stats isn't it? See what I deal with here Scotty? WTF -- and you're of no help anymore.

So who's going to be my hero and say this in a pre or post game interview so I know you heard me?

Edited by Pepperkorn

It's funny that you say this as Nick Kypreos on "Hockey Central" today told Dano during his interview that,

"the firing of Maclean was done only to make one player happy---Ilya Kovalchuk".

this is just so fvcking dumb. no player is happy with this move. mac was the coach they wanted. you could say that kovy was the only one happy that its lemaire because he liked him but the move wasn't done for kovalchuk. it was done because mac sucked so fvcking bad and the team didn't respond to him.

kypreos should stick to leafs propaganda because that's all he's good for. him and dreger are essentially burke handpuppets.

this is just so fvcking dumb. no player is happy with this move. mac was the coach they wanted. you could say that kovy was the only one happy that its lemaire because he liked him but the move wasn't done for kovalchuk. it was done because mac sucked so fvcking bad and the team didn't respond to him.

kypreos should stick to leafs propaganda because that's all he's good for. him and dreger are essentially burke handpuppets.

At this point, it doesnt matter what the players want. They have no say in who is Coaching the team. Plus, Kovie didnt have enough time to work under Lemaire to even know if he likes him or not. Like the coach or not, hes your boss and you have to listen to what he says.

Edited by msweet
No Personal Attacks

umm regardless of how you saw last season, its a fvck of a lot better than this season.

that said, Lemaire is a fvck of a lot better than Jmac.

this is just so fvcking dumb. no player is happy with this move. mac was the coach they wanted.

you want them to pick their own coach? they can't even win a god damn game, fvck what they want.

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil

This exactly! To put all of this on Kovalchuk is ridiculous!

Didn't Kovalchuk score 40+ each year?? Whatever they do in Atlanta is their business but Bergfors has put up more point than our entire roster except Elias (tied with Kovalchuk), only good for 7th in his team but still good. I referred to progress by the way, no matter how well Bergfors played, Lemaire kept moving him arund even to the fourth line, yet he kept Zharkov and his complete lack of offensive production around for a loooong time.

what Atlanta does what their roster is their business or do you want to compare his stats with the Devils roster. Which is it?

Musical line is a valid concern and there are others. the coach/captain relationship. communication to the team as a whole, sure. But to bitch about the way he treated Bergfors when he is a healthy scratch for 4 out of 5 games in atl (a team with a offense first second and third mentality) even with those offensive numbers, tells me he atl doesn't think he has an all around game, or some other problem(could be injury). I'm just implying that maybe it was Bergfors and not JL.

Kovy did have a point per game under JL last year as well.

the game isn't about O only. Unless that is your philosphy which is why you probably not a fan of Lemaire in the first place.

i'm a huge fan of Lemaire... just seeing how he handles this team has renewed my interest in the season.

that said, the devils will now probably miss out on the larsson or whoever to picks sweepstakes...

yeah, 10 games too late Lou... you picked the wrong coach, for the wrong team, at the wrong time and then fiddled while Rome burned.

MacLean simply drowned...was not anywhere near head coaching material... great guy, decent assistant coach... he needed 5 years at the AHL level as a coach probably.

i agree with DM lemaire needs to kick the sh!t out of this team... can't wait for his pressers.

Let me know when Holik say all the players have to look at themselves in the mirror. I'm sure he still sleeping well at night.

Haha! I loved that quote.

I don't believe what Kypreos says is true. I want to know if he explained himself or if he was just spouting off.

Kovalchuk is probably happy MacLean got axed, but I doubt the move was made to placate that jackass.

I think that could be a motivating factor for this move. I can't see guys like Langenbrunner, White, Elias being too happy with Lemaire being back. Neither of those three got along at all the end of last year with Lemaire.

Although I think Lou was told by Vanderbeek he wasnt going to pay a new coach. Any replacement had to come from the current payroll.

Elias and White are not going anywhere and Lou would never ask these two players to waive their NTC. Both will retire a Devil or at least Elias will be. Langenbrunner I agree is probably gone now after the player roster freeze to either Colorado or Calgary as rumored.

Sad to see MacLean go but he is just not ready to coach in the NHL. He should have stayed in the AHL for a few more years and build the Albany team. Now he is gone which should have been before Thanksgiving. I will miss all the interviews with him saying "Ya Know" over and over again. Ya Know? lol.

A lot of mixed emotion on this one. I'm confused among many others that Lou would make this decision now when it was clear to all of us 10-15 games ago. When Lou kept Mac as the coach I figured he was riding it out no matter how bad it got. Now we find out Lemaire is back which to me is fine because I will welcome any change at this point but it's still...confusing. Hopefully he can teach our defense how to...well...defend. That would be a start. I'd be happy with a .500 record here on out, don't know if this current lineup is capable of much more.

this will give the devils an excuse when they loose to the Islanders tonight, they will go "hey its our first day with our new coach".

That said, I'm surprised it happened this late. I've read both sides of opinions on this site about Macs future. (this is the only place i can read actual interesting devil talk, the Record doesnt cut it, the daily news has half a paragraph on a game, and listening to Chico's opinion, while informative, does make me think the Devils will win out and win the stanley cup this year). I think he had to go. Great Devils icon but I just didnt buy the team was motivated. The past few years, you could tell when they were going to win, they played hard, hit and passed great. When they lost they seemed sluggish at the start. This year , it does seem like they are working hard but that doesnt neccasarily mean the right way. I see guys busting their butts to go on offense (sadly chasing a dump in most of the time) but it seems they are doing so uncordinated. Passes miss, no ones backing up someone else, i can count the cycling the puck they do all season on my hands, no ones screening, defensive guys are hesitant to move up, and so forth.

It was easy for Mac to motivate the minor league devils team, they are motivated every day i would think to play good and get called up. Get to the NHL level and you might find more complacent guys. Leaders in battle can motivate their army to charge but if they just run unorganized into battle, bad stuff will happen. We all remember that kid in gym class that wanted to be athletic and thought he was but really just slammed into you practically tackling you weather it be defending in basketball or something volley ball related.

Devils need someone to organize them better and make them what they were. (they also need a compliment to kovy, younger better players, adn a defense, but thats for another day) thats not going to happen this year i dont think , with lemaire, but ive noticed, wehn the devlis are backing each other up and playing like they should, they have looked good this year. I think Lemaire just means langenbrunner is definalty gone. that sucks cause i got his jersey last march and got it in the mail july and then all his crap happened. sucks.

But finishing up, this is just stuff i noticed from watching the games. I now look forward to reading the thread, getting a 12 pack and watching the game tonight, maybe some of you will make me optimistic, but then agian, some fo you did that for me through the whole Kovy thing when i'd rather they didnt resign him.