‏Zach Parise has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild

Daniel

Right but part of my original argument that MP glossed over was that Zach isn't necessarily even leaving 20m on the table. TFP.com is saying the Penguins are the current front runners offering 10y/80m for example. If the Devils offered 8y/64m and then Zach re-signs those last 2 years for 4-5m, he is now passing up on 6-8m. Still a lot of money, but not quite as staggering as unfair contract comparisons that only focus on the total amount and don't consider that Parise will still have some years at the end to make up the difference.

No argument with that, but I'm also thinking of the signing bonus that has been mentioned in connection with the Penguins and others. Perhaps that's part of the Devils' offer as well, but I haven't read anything to that effect (although obviously I may have missed it). Of course, I have no idea how accurate any of these numbers are; I suppose only Zach, his agents, and his suitors really know for sure.

Trying to rationalize and prepare myself for today.

Parise is such a like-able guy, hard worker, incredibly marketable (Devils biggest weakness), that being said I don't think his game will be as effective in his early 30's and up.

I think Parise is worth 12years 70 Million. I'd love if the devils could get him for that.

I think He'll get offered 90-105million, which he is totally not worth... but who can blame him for taking it.

I don't think he goes to Philly. That team seems to be blown up and surrounded by drama most of the time.

If i were him my top 2 (besides NJ) would be Detroit and Pittsburgh. Minnesota never seems to consistently have their sh!t together.

If he wasn't such a like able guy personally this would be much easier.

Edited by oofrostonoo

If Zach goes to Minnesota, I don't want to hear anything about him being a "winner" or a "champion." That would be the equivalent of LeBron having signed with the Golden State Warriors.

Spoke to Martin Brodeur. He said conversations he's had with Zach Parise were encouraging that captain might stay

- Rich Chere

Also...

Brodeur said it was acknowledged in his talks with Lou Lamoriello that Devils are in a tough financial situation. But Brodeur said because the players were never put in position to worry about team finances last season, he trusts Devils will be okay.

Edited by Jerzey Devil
  • Like 2

Spoke to Martin Brodeur. He said conversations he's had with Zach Parise were encouraging that captain might stay

- Rich Chere

Also...

Brodeur said it was acknowledged in his talks with Lou Lamoriello that Devils are in a tough financial situation. But Brodeur said because the players were never put in position to worry about team finances last season, he trusts Devils will be okay.

Just saw this, I like it.

Brodeur on ZP: "I’m sure he’ll make the right decision for him and his family. He’s getting married and all that, so it’s a big summer for him..but I think the Devils went to the forefront with him and I’m pretty positive that he’ll come back to us, but we’ll see.”

- TG

Edited by Jerzey Devil

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice

Brodeur on ZP: "but I think the Devils went to the forefront with him and I’m pretty positive that he’ll come back to us, but we’ll see.”

sh!t is heating up here folks.

Trying to rationalize and prepare myself for today.

I don't think he goes to Philly. That team seems to be blown up and surrounded by drama most of the time.

Not to mention they dumped their high paid veteran stars before last year. There was a quote a while back from Parise about settling down in a place he wants to raise a family. The threat of instability would be enough to keep me away from philly, especially when he can go pretty much anywhere he wants.

i really wish i didn't have to leave for work, and i could sit in front of my computer all day and just refresh the nhl.com page. this sh!t is driving me crazy.

Exactly what I'm doing. I almost wish I WAS working so I could keep some sanity

we may have a budget for the season but we have pretty much all our roster signed except Zach, Sykora and Salvadore(Sykki and Salvadore are a good luxury to have but we dont NEED them either)... and 19m of cap space... its almost impossible to spend to the cap now anyway lol

and this is the team who were 2 games away from winning the cup so...

i really wish i didn't have to leave for work, and i could sit in front of my computer all day and just refresh the nhl.com page. this sh!t is driving me crazy.

my friends are all texting me to go to the beach and just dont understand why id want to stay inside staring at a computer screen lol

Don't you guys have smart phones?

I have twitter, espn, and bleacher report sending me updates anytime a Devil is mentioned in anything credible. Also, checking this forum and hfboards every 10 minutes.

Gotta love technology.

- Rich Chere

Also...

Dumb Question. If the team really did go "broke", the players would get paid no matter what right?

Balls. Saw the same thing from Russo (the Wild's beat reporter)

3m Sean Hartnett Sean Hartnett ‏@HartnettWFAN

Look away #Devils fans... Sounds like Zach Parise has cut his list down to the #Penguins and #Wild. #PariseWatch

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.