Now Official:: Zubes resigns, 3 years $9.3 mil

MadDog2020

You're entitled to your opinion as am I. Some Devils fans like yourself I guess drink the kool-aid. The hockey I know is about making the playoffs and not always losing in round one. Some fans like yourself I guess are satisfied with less. Winning is everything in my world.

It is amazing how you got all that ^^

Debbie Downer

from this ^^^.

YOU ARE A PSYCHIC!!!!

That's only $.85 mil a year less than Kunitz resigned for... wow.

I like Zubrus but thats just way too much.

Taken a different way, Kunitz is getting almost 30% more a season. That's a decent sized difference.

Kunitz is fine but I think his numbers get pumped up a fair amount by playing with guys that open up space for him.

Taken a different way, Kunitz is getting almost 30% more a season. That's a decent sized difference.

Kunitz is fine but I think his numbers get pumped up a fair amount by playing with guys that open up space for him.

everyone says that but i watched him play a lot and he's getting a good amount of goals by himself 

I'll also add that he isn't that old.  He'll be 37 by the SCF in the last year of the deal.  There's no reason to believe he can't be at least a useful player at that point.

He's been playing since he's 18.    He's got alot of miles.    

He's been playing since he's 18.    He's got alot of miles.    

They've all been playing since they're 8.  It's toughest to succeed in the NHL, but you're skating just as hard and taking the same kind of beating in the AHL, the Swedish elite league, the KHL, or wherever, at least if we're talking about mileage.

I kinda knew it already ;-)... he ain't leaving the best camera store in the country for even more money on another team

..though we do ship

ALARM ALARM -- Lou now knows he can strong arm Zubes!!!!  Expect this deal to fall through and less generous terms be reached!!

They've all been playing since they're 8.  It's toughest to succeed in the NHL, but you're skating just as hard and taking the same kind of beating in the AHL, the Swedish elite league, the KHL, or wherever, at least if we're talking about mileage.

No you're not.  You're playing against smaller, slower people and on a shorter schedule.  I'd be curious to look at this - how what year a player starts his career might affect what year he ends it - but one of the problems with measuring this is survivorship bias - rarely do players as not-great as Zubrus start in the NHL at 18.  And of course career-ending injuries are a thing.

Wow I can not wait until this is over, as far as I'm concerned we have signed Teddy and that is it in other words squat nothing, look for the open market for all 3 players 2 of which we really need especially Patty, I will be sick if we let him go clarkson I could live with but we need Pattys leadership and say it like it is attitude. C'mon Lou stop dicking around!

Lets Go Devils!!!!!

I love Zubs and glad he's coming back but I think it might be a slight over-payment. I'm fine with this but I'm a little worried that if we keep overpaying people it will start to add up to something significant. Right now I have Zajac being overpaid by about a million and Zubs by about 600K. We had to overpay for Marty a bit and Elias will get what he gets (although Elias' salary will be completely justified IMO). 

There's still Clarkson (probably gone) and Henrique too. And Zidlicky could be asking for way too much.

Nothing to worry about now but I can see it all adding up to a few million.

Edited by Jerzey Devil

Tom Gulitti @TGfireandice 21m

Zubrus said his only real concern about possible team ownership transition was whether Lou Lamoriello would be remaining in current role.

Tom Gulitti @TGfireandice 20m

Zubrus on Lamoriello: "I told him that I came here last time because he’s here and I want to stay here because he’s here ..."

Tom Gulitti @TGfireandice 20m

Zubrus on Lamoriello cont: "...and if that’s not the case I might be looking elsewhere."

Interesting that with Elias likely signing at what we can guestimate is $6,000,000 per year, the Devils will be at $56 million in actual salary.  I think it's a foregone conclusion that Clarkson is a goner unless the market somehow drops out entirely on him, which is pretty unlikely.  It's also pretty clear that we shouldn't get our hopes up about any other free agents of any note, including Briere.  That is unless Tallinder is dealt. 

So if I were controlling Clarkson's mind I'd have him whine Can you give me years Lou?  Milestone bonuses?  Can we hash out something like that?

I like this line of thinking rather than the "F Clarkson he sucks we don't need him" mentality. Can Lou get a little creative should be the question.