GDT: YOUR New Jersey Devils @ Detroit 7:30PM

ThreeCups

Assuming you mean Marty, I was just thinking the exact same thing.

Annnd Gelinas falls for the ole slapping the stick on the ice trick.

I've been calling him the 500lb Gorilla in the room all year, i'm just sticking to the nicname   :thumbsup:

Nah Lou we don't need a goal scorer. Not at all.

Schneider has played like crap too. Devils will be lucky to make the playoffs. Oh well at least we got a first rounder back.

Generally you are correct. but tonight They have scored 3 goals. With this team, that should be enough to win on most night. The defense and goaltending have been the problem tonight.

Generally you are correct. but tonight They have scored 3 goals. With this team, that should be enough to win on most night. The defense and goaltending have been the problem tonight.

This team just needs a lot of help in just about every department. I really wish Lou would have looked at this year as a rebuild year and possibly next year too. However since he doesn't believe in that he rather have us play for the next few seasons with a team full of fill-ins and quick fixes and pray that they work.

Would let have left Marty in after giving up 6 goals ? That's the question.

He doesn't want to put a 42-year old Marty in mopup duty with him scheduled to play in 21 hours.

The Marty fanboys don't have to worry anymore, he's gonna get his games.  And we still won't make the playoffs or find out if Cory's worth a long-term deal.

Legwand was a tremendous addition by Ken Holland. Perfect fit. That trade flew under the radar. Detroit, even tailing off as "elite" on the ice, is still a model franchise once like the Devils were along with them. If they can get Weiss healthy and productive again, they can do some damage as a dark horse.

Edited by TheRedStorm

This team just needs a lot of help in just about every department. I really wish Lou would have looked at this year as a rebuild year and possibly next year too. However since he doesn't believe in that he rather have us play for the next few seasons with a team full of fill-ins and quick fixes and pray that they work.

That's much easier to do when you have your first round pick. No point starting the rebuild this year, even if he knew all along we would get the no. 30 pick back. If you want to rebuild and are resigned to struggling for a few years, next year is the time to do it with McDavid in the draft.

Legwand was a tremendous addition by Ken Holland. Perfect fit. That trade flew under the radar. Detroit, even tailing off as "elite" on the ice, is still a model franchise once like the Devils were along with them. If they can get Weiss healthy and productive again, they can do some damage as a dark horse.

Was thinking this during the 2nd period

Detroit quietly getting it done, and hoping to extend their consecutive playoff years streak to some ridiculous number

Just wow

I hope Cory feels the pain we are feeling while watching this dogsh!t performance

I offer him 5/30 max before next summer, and if he doesn't like it he can walk

Again, how is that Cory's fault? He makes the save, and Zid let's his man right by him to tap in the rebound.

Jesus Christ you're embarrassing yourself tonight. Try and hide your undying love for an aging legend at least a little bit.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

That's much easier to do when you have your first round pick. No point starting the rebuild this year, even if he knew all along we would get the no. 30 pick back. If you want to rebuild and are resigned to struggling for a few years, next year is the time to do it with McDavid in the draft.

While i agree, everyone else as potentially bad as the Devils are going to be trying to do the same thing. Even then, there's no guarantee the Devils win the lottery. 

I said it dozens of times. This was the deadline to tear it up. Vets playing well with rental contracts that could be great additions to playoff teams. Lamoriello's philosophy, like the game, has passed him by.