njdevil26

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder what happens now.. so many questions

-Who starts tomorrow?

-Is Langs playing? If not, who gets called up?

-Will Sutter get rid of this not-working ridiculous 1st line?

-What about the other lines?

-Weekes or Marty?

Edited by nmigliore

I wonder what happens now.. so many questions

-Who starts tomorrow?

-Is Langs playing? If not, who gets called up?

-Will Sutter get rid of this not-working ridiculous 1st line?

-What about the other lines?

-Weekes or Marty?

To answer your questions in order:

-Hopefully Weekes. Get Marty a rest.

-I don't know. Bergfors would be my guess.

-I hope so.

-I don't know.

- Once again: hopefully Weekes.

Why was the crowd bad tongiht?

I thought the crowd was just fine.

I thought they were a little stupified, but majors suck the life out of you. It just wasn't a well played game. Flyers played better in the last 2 periods, but we pretty much stunk throughout and what we got in the first was off the Flyers stink.

One other thing, they have to have Elias stop playing C off the wing. He set up plenty of chances that nobody could finish. It's like one ongoing nightmare with him not finding his own shot and setting up people who are hopeless. At least when he was playing with Parise, Parise could finish.

I don't know if that line is any good for him because he always has the puck and isn't looking for himself.

21-12? Jesus; no wonder we got no goals vs Biron in the 2nd.. only 3 SoG!

Yeah seriously. The Devils had like 7 shots on net in a 27-28 minute span from the second period to the start of the third. With a shaky Biron, letting him off the hook like that was just asking for trouble. Especially considering they were way overdue for a win and definitely overdue to beat us in NJ (it was the Flyers' first win in NJ since the 2004 playoffs :o).

And yeah Leblond wasn't all that impressive tonight. He's a great fighter and all, but when you're the 14th forward on the roster, you can't do things like give the best offense in the league a five-minute power play or start a fight when we were getting pressure in the offensive zone for the first time in the second period. That kind of stuff gets you in the ECHL.

But he was far from the only culprit, Brodeur had an off game (mainly the first goal), the backchecking and defense was very questionable on the first and fifth goals. Zubrus missing from inches out in the third sucked away any chance the Devils had of a comeback.

On the good side, the calendars are actually very nice and usually I'm not a big fan of them cause they're cheesy. But they were well-done this time around, didn't look like something catered to the 12-year old.

Yeah seriously. The Devils had like 7 shots on net in a 27-28 minute span from the second period to the start of the third. With a shaky Biron, letting him off the hook like that was just asking for trouble. Especially considering they were way overdue for a win and definitely overdue to beat us in NJ (it was the Flyers' first win in NJ since the 2004 playoffs :o).

But he was far from the only culprit, Brodeur had an off game (mainly the first goal), the backchecking and defense was very questionable on the first and fifth goals. Zubrus missing from inches out in the third sucked away any chance the Devils had of a comeback.

This is what I feel really sunk the Devils tonight. Brodeur was fighting the puck tonight for sure and there were also some golden chances that were missed but I can live with that stuff just as long as the D holds things together. That didn't happen tonight. It was just very frustrating to watch Philly break into the zone at will. Very soft game for the D and like you said they really didn't get much help from the forwards. They were pretty decent to start the 2nd but things went downhill again about midway through.

Whatever. Move on and try to make up for it tomorrow.

Edited by SickMan

Not really much to say from that performance tonight by the Devils. :puke: The crowd was just fine and loud as usual just needs more support. The Devils PK cameback and bit them on the ass tonight and the PP was just dreadful after scoring the one PPG. Zubrus actually had a good game along with Zajac, Parise and Madden. Gionta is MIA and really needs to be in a trade real soon before no team wants him. Gionta can no longer shoot the puck on the net and everytime he shoots it is blocked or just not going where it is suppose to go. He just looks lost like some other players. Don't know what the hell is wrong with Langenbrunner. This whole team was just not there after the 1st period. It takes 60 minutes and not 20 minutes to win an important game in the division. Just a nightmare of a game and of course the Flyers fans that were there are just plain stupid. Game to forget and get right back at it tomorrow in Philadelphia where Brodeur will probably start and expect him to start after tonight's worst game of the season so far. Niitymaki will probably be in goal for the Flyers as Biron stood on his head tonight to get their 1st win of the season. Just a terrible 2 periods of showing tonight by the Devils.

Edited by SatansDevils

If it was 3 periods of the way we played in the 1st pd we would have been fine.

and speaking of crowds, was anyone in sec 225-227. i was in 226 row 8 with the fvcking miley cyrus fan club in row 9. it was ridiculous. i had a headache from our play and their constant screaming for no damn reason.

Not many Flyers fans in the house tonight, which was nice. I was over in 208. The kid in front of me won Score-o and the guy next to me spilled an entire beer on some fans of Joffrey Lupul nearby.

They almost fought, but then the guy with P on his shirt went and tattled to the closest usher, who came over to make peace.

It was pretty funny, some guys started chanting "say you're sorry!"

I don't want to talk about the game, but I will. It was an ugly effort by the entire team. Possession is 9/10ths of the law, and we simply did not control the puck as well as we did against Dallas the other night.

Both fights were pretty lame and I'd like to go back and see the replay of Blondie's boarding major. Don't think I've ever heard of anyone getting more than a double minor unless it was a really dangerous hit.

Next time I need to sit on the side of the arena with the MSG feed TVs above... did not know the reverse angle was not accommodated for. Kind of lame, but I suppose flat screen TVs aren't the cheapest things in the world.

This was a frustrating loss because we outplayed them for the first half of the game for every minute we weren't on the power play. I called this from the beginning though, and not just because I didn't have my good luck charms:

I have to imagine Philly will break through one of these games. Like I said, it's not like they're losing for lack of scoring. They had 20 goals through six games, just 28 goals against. The Devils may be the perfect team to break through against if they can continue to score...but the way the Devils have been controlling play lately I'm not so sure.

The Devils MUST STAY OUT OF THE BOX better than they have been to take both games of the back-to-back.

Tonight I am going to be at a wedding so I won't have my good luck charms on me properly. I predict a loss.

When you give up stupid penalties, not to mention a major, against a team that has been lights-out on scoring, and your own team has trouble scoring, how do you expect to win? Were any of the penalties good? John Madden's was ticky-tack. Langenbrunner's was a horsesh!t roughing or whatever. Bullsh!t. Leblond...<sigh>

I am surprised we couldn't notch it up at 4. Endless pressure and Zubrus couldn't put any home. Gionta is...still shooting too much from too far too fast without reading the play. Parise is scoring all the Gionta goals so far this year.

We should have won this game, and we should have won it 5 on 5. We had better o-zone pressure all game, most of their goals were on counters or the PP.

White is a bum on that backcheck, wow! I think we could have tied it up if we didn't give up that horribly-defended-by-all-three fifth goal.

fvckING

DIVISIONAL

LOSSES.

GREAT!!!!!!

Also, Langs is out, who knows how bad? Hopefully he can play tomorrow. His absence, the Captain and all, I think that was the difference in the end really. What a fvcking horrible night. It's going to be ridiculously hard to win tomorrow night.

Flyers are for real on scoring, folks. Can't give away any more penalties. Oh wait, I said that before this game too. Oops!

BTW, I'm sorry I couldn't watch the game live and didn't have my lucky charms set, but I was at a fvcking wedding. Tomorrow I'll be all set properly by gametime.

Kulags must have been watching a different game. We possessed great..for about half the game, when all the penalties weren't killing us. When we were up 3-2 we were sending it back out of the zone pretty well, but it was sort of breaking down I guess, until the penalty that let in the tying shot. They weren't getting any quality chances until the penalty though.

That long span of few Devils shots didn't have many shots for either team. It was very defensively played on both ends...which I thought was silly by the Flyers since they were losing when that stretch started.

http://njmg.typepad.com/devilsblog/2008/10...evils.html#more <---this post really sums it all up very well. Devils tried to win it 3-2...until the Flyers tied it up it really was starting to look like Old Time Devils Hockey. Very physical and nothing going in our own end, but the penalty changed all that, Langs left, and that was it.

I especially agree with the positives he pointed out: Zajac had a monster game and really had the best chance to notch it at 4, he made a great move and gave himself plenty of space alone in front. If only he roofed it or something instead of trying five-hole. I'll even grudgingly agree that Clarkson played well when he was on the checking line, and Vrana looked really good towards the end.

Edited by Cowutopia

In fairness to Zubrus, Biron did get his blocker on Elias' pass, which tipped the puck over Zubrus' stick.

Why be fair to Zubust? He isn't playing up to the price Lou paid for him. He doesn't deserve to be on the top line with Elias. He isn't better than a 3rd liner at best.

Devis sat on lead and lost they were outplayed by the Flyers.