College Football

jagknife

Week 1 in the books and if you missed the Boise State-Virginia Tech game, you just missed one of the best football games ever, and one that will probably end up being the game of the year.

Boise never quit, were down 4 points with about 5 to go, no timeouts, and VT had the ball. Defense held after two first downs, and two burned timeouts, offense gets good field position to start the drive, goes 60 yards in under a minute, wins by 3 as the D holds on for the win.

This is seriously the best time of the year, NFL starts, College starts, Hockey starts. freaking love it.

Edited by jagknife

Week 1 in the books and if you missed the Boise State-Virginia Tech game, you just missed one of the best football games ever, and one that will probably end up being the game of the year.

Boise never quit, were down 4 points with about 5 to go, no timeouts, and VT had the ball. Defense held after two first downs, and two burned timeouts, offense gets good field position to start the drive, goes 60 yards in under a minute, wins by 3 as the D holds on for the win.

This is seriously the best time of the year, NFL starts, College starts, Hockey starts. freaking love it.

Boise State is a great team that is well coached. The best game I ever seen with them was when they played Oklahoma in the bowl game

Boise State is a great team that is well coached. The best game I ever seen with them was when they played Oklahoma in the bowl game

very true, that was a freaking amazing finish too, johnson's statue of liberty, then the proposal.

my alma matar won their opener as well, beating Rhode Island at home, big whoop, let's see how they do vs. FBS opponents.

uggggggghfvck the fvckeyes..defintely not soberf right now. remmebr kids, you cant spell c_ck__ckers without OSU!!!!

I take that was a frustrating loss for Miami fans.

Bad day for the ACC in general too. But that automatic BCS berth will still be there, and I think the Hurricanes will be in that title game.

I guess boise state won't be in consideration for a national championship since Virginia Tech lost to James Madison and their win against V-Tech wont have much meaning

i hate the fact that the BCS more than likely wont consider boise even if they run the table.

if they're the only undefeated team in college football, then they deserve a shot. Va Tech was coming off a really short week in a hard fought game and were not ready for, yes admittedly, a weaker opponent they should have handled. the whole BCS is a joke to begin with. there should be NO auto qualifiers for BCS bowl games. yeah, i'm aware most bowl games have a storied tradition of pitting one conference against another, but if there is a more qualified and deserving team out there, they should be in BCS big 5, not some school just because of an auto-bid because of their conference.

agreed, until someone proves they can stop them even a little, its theirs for the taking. back to back solid outings and that was without their Heisman winning running back.

after watching nebraska play, they should be considered too

i think the alabama vs arkansas game next week is going to be fun to watch

Crazy U of M game -- insane season. I hate this kind of start... it's just traumatic against -- good teams I guess but what looked to be fairly easy on paper. (I make it a rule to underrate Notre Dame... tey're like the Rangers to me... but with no rational behind my emotion :evil: The Rangers make it sooooo easy to be disgusted before they even take the ice :giggle:

Bye for RU so.. we'll see - they seem pretty sad this year.

Wake vs. Stanford tonight. It's going to be ugly, I'm not gonna lie. Our secondary is atrocious, and Andrew Luck is going to have a field day. Ah well, we're having bro night in the dorm with pizza, wings, and...beverages, so it should be fun anyway.

Wake vs. Stanford tonight. It's going to be ugly, I'm not gonna lie. Our secondary is atrocious, and Andrew Luck is going to have a field day. Ah well, we're having bro night in the dorm with pizza, wings, and...beverages, so it should be fun anyway.

Did I fvcking call it or what? :puke:

Man the end of that Michigan State and Notre Dame game was nuts. What a ballsy call.

Like they had a CHOICE? I called it my birthday present. My sister was giving a birthday dinner for me one day early and her husband is just not into sports... not into TV much less sports... and my Dad was DYING.... I have an irrational hatred for ND so I was just sardonic, bemused and fuming and my dad is hyper polite but it's painful for him so he woudln't watch the last period and I finally asked him to just put it on and watch for my BIRTHDAY!!! So ... His face is great -- he just raised his arms with this calm smile -- my mother is a FREAK -- she's spastic emotional even if she's not following the game - she can even turn him off to watching if she gets going... so she said WHAT??? OF course I looked at her across the table eyebrows raised since I knew she didnt' know... "touchdown?" tehn my mother's demenor changes completely all happy and giggly -- "they WON?" how many time that scene has been played over and over in my lifetime ^_^ worse though is my mother shrieking "WHAAAT? They BLEW IT? They didn't, a$$holES!!!! Of COURSE THEY DID" after a few minutes of her tirading my dad blurts out "Chrissy shut up dammit" and then she gets hurt feelings :rofl: ahhhhhh me..... Saturdays in Fall are so predictable....

• 1 month later...

Welp, I was at yet another Wake Forest sh!t show yesterday. What a season. Beat Duke in a high-scoring slugfest, then get destroyed by Stanford and Florida St on the road, then lose two heartbreakers at home against Georgia Tech and Navy (seriously, we should've won both of those. We blew them in the final 30 seconds each time), followed by two more road blowouts at Virginia Tech (which I, unfortunately, decided to go to) and Maryland (seriously, who the fvck gives up 62 points to Maryland in anything other than basketball?), and then we got trouced 23-13 by BC yesterday. I know it doesn't sound bad, but trust me, we scored our only touchdown on a double reverse wide receiver pass. We suck.

On the bright side, basketball season starts on Friday.