Interesting Topic of Discussion

If George W. Bush had made a joke at the expense of the Special

Olympics, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had given Gordon Brown a set of inexpensive and

incorrectly formatted DVDs, when Gordon Brown had given him a thoughtful

and historically significant gift, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had given the Queen of England an iPod containing

videos of his speeches, would you have thought this embarrassingly

narcissistic and tacky?

If George W. Bush had bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia, would you have

approved?

If George W. Bush had visited Austria and made reference to the

non-existent "Austrian language," would you have brushed it off as a

minor slip?

If George W. Bush had filled his cabinet and circle of advisers with

people who cannot seem to keep current on their income taxes, would you

have approved?

If George W. Bush had been so Spanish illiterate as to refer to "Cinco

de Cuatro" in front of the Mexican ambassador when it was the fourth of

May (Cuatro de Mayo), and continued to flub it when he tried again,

would you have winced in embarrassment?

If George W. Bush had mis-spelled the word advice would you have

hammered him for it for years like Dan Quayle and potatoe as "proof" of

what a dunce he is?

If George W. Bush had burned 9,000 gallons of jet fuel to go plant a

single tree on "Earth Day", would you have concluded he's a hypocrite?

If George W. Bush's administration had okayed Air Force One flying low

over millions of people followed by a jet fighter in downtown Manhattan

causing widespread panic, would you have wondered whether they actually

"get" what happened on 9-11?

If George W. Bush had been the first President to need a teleprompter

installed to be able to get through a press conference, would you have

laughed and said this is more proof of how he is inept he is on his own

and is really controlled by smarter men behind the scenes?

If George W. Bush had failed to send relief aid to flood victims

throughout the Midwest with more people killed or made homeless than in

New Orleans , would you want it made into a major ongoing political

issue with claims of racism and incompetence?

If George W. Bush had ordered the firing of the CEO of a major

corporation, even though he had no constitutional authority to do so,

would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had proposed to double the national debt, which had

taken more than two centuries to accumulate, in one year, would you have

approved?

If George W. Bush had then proposed to double the debt again within 10

years, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush asserted that

Half that list is so trivial I haven't even heard about it (blah blah queue the "thats because Bush didn't do it!" rhetoric). I'm going to be honest with you; I would take that list times thousand other petty little insignificant things you could come up with over just the Iraq war. If I could trade Obama's entire presidency, his historic campaign et all to get those 5,000 soldiers lives back, I would take it in a heart beat.

I don't care if he ends up being a mediocre president, or lives up the moniker of messiah, he doesn't need to be outstanding to surpass the last disgrace we had in office.

Half that list is so trivial I haven't even heard about it (blah blah queue the "thats because Bush didn't do it!" rhetoric). I'm going to be honest with you; I would take that list times thousand other petty little insignificant things you could come up with over just the Iraq war. If I could trade Obama's entire presidency, his historic campaign et all to get those 5,000 soldiers lives back, I would take it in a heart beat.

I don't care if he ends up being a mediocre president, or lives up the moniker of messiah, he doesn't need to be outstanding to surpass the last disgrace we had in office.

That's it squish, strive for mediocrity. Just do better then the last guy and feel like you did a good job.

And I'm surprised you didn't go all the way back to the Vietnam war to try to drum up support. The 5000 deaths have nothing to do with the list above but good job of you to once again deflect from the shortcomings of Obama by still attacking Bush.

That's it squish, strive for mediocrity. Just do better then the last guy and feel like you did a good job.

And I'm surprised you didn't go all the way back to the Vietnam war to try to drum up support. The 5000 deaths have nothing to do with the list above but good job of you to once again deflect from the shortcomings of Obama by still attacking Bush.

The whole thread is about comparing Obama to Bush! lol

What?

Are you kidding?

Or are you just sucking in all the liberal talking points you can?

Why has every person who has experienced water boarding claimed its torture then? And the only people saying it isn't... at this point is basically just you and Hannity (who has yet to follow through on his promise to do it).

Edited by squishyx

Funny I thought it was pointing out mistakes Obama made

Pretty sure it says "What if George Bush..." before every point. If it had nothing to do with Bush I would imagine they could have just listed what they felt Obama did wrong, ya?

What?

Are you kidding?

Or are you just sucking in all the liberal talking points you can?

You didn't answer my question.

No evidence then huh?

What liberal talking points? Asking for evidence is a liberal talking point?

Edited by Super 17

Since some are too obtuse and blinded from their hero worship, it will have to be explained further.

The last several years of the Bush administration were a nitpick fest of immense proportions. Yes, the war in Iraq was a big item but since some people here choose to conveniently forget, some Dems voted for it (and its funding) as well. Some claim to that these items are trivial and I agree that some are, by themselves. However, it is mindboggling that in 5 months, this is the list of gaffes by the media created messiah.

Some of you are being completely disengenuous if you say that you wouldn't have mocked or started a thread 12 months ago if GWB had dones these things. A word comes to mind, hypocrite, yeah that's it.

Since some are too obtuse and blinded from their hero worship, it will have to be explained further.

The last several years of the Bush administration were a nitpick fest of immense proportions. Yes, the war in Iraq was a big item but since some people here choose to conveniently forget, some Dems voted for it (and its funding) as well. Some claim to that these items are trivial and I agree that some are, by themselves. However, it is mindboggling that in 5 months, this is the list of gaffes by the media created messiah.

Some of you are being completely disengenuous if you say that you wouldn't have mocked or started a thread 12 months ago if GWB had dones these things. A word comes to mind, hypocrite, yeah that's it.

1/3rd of this list is just wrong or misleading.

Another 1/3rd are things we wouldn't bother poking fun at Bush or even care about

And the last 1/3rd Obama deserves criticism, heckling, w/e you want to call it, just like Bush did.

None of which even come close to actual important things like the stimulus, health care reform, the Iraq war, Hurricane Katrina debacle etc.

Trying to be fair, the only "up for debate items" are the bowing and the inner circle of tax morons. I think the teleprompter one is a cheap shot. Other than that it is all pretty much fact/supported

Trying to be fair, the only "up for debate items" are the bowing and the inner circle of tax morons. I think the teleprompter one is a cheap shot. Other than that it is all pretty much fact/supported

In the same context of being "fair" this is how I viewed it, I'll abbreviate to keep it small...

List where he deserves a fair kick in the ass for, that people would poke fun at Bush for as well

special olym joke

the Cinco de Cuatro thing (didn't know of this)

Austrian language (didn't know of this)

Advice spelling mistake (didn't know of this)

saved jobs statement - he should really qualify this statement with facts

Things that are just wrong

tax stuff, only one (maybe two) people actually had tax problems, everyone else bailed before confirmation

airforce one thing, he didn't approve it, and fired the guy who did

flood - totally false, or at least lacking a credible source for a strong claim, thousands died during katrina.

ceo firing, he didn't order it, if this is about GM then he asked him to step down, big difference.

debt x2 - again, 100% fake. people often confuse "debt" with "deficit". he doubled the deficit, he has only slightly increased the debt

Stupid things that no one should really care about, regardless of president

Brown's dvd's

the queens Ipod (didn't know of this)

Saudi Bow

earth day (as devilsh34[i think] once said, the cost of travel of the president is what it is)

teleprompter

broadway* - this maybe could have gone in the first list

GM/Chrys flying, the president flies places, thats life.

If I missed anything it wasn't on purpose. The only factual thing on the entire list that I agree with is a pretty serious offense to the American people is to quote "saved jobs". By itself it isn't bad but he needs to back it up with how he is calculating it, who is calculating it and show real evidence, until then it's a very bush-league (pun?) maneuver.

Edited by squishyx

Yes.

Waterboarding is not torture.

LINK

Waterboarding is considered to be torture by a wide range of authorities, including legal experts,[2][3][30] politicians, war veterans,[4][5] intelligence officials,[8] military judges,[9] and human rights organizations.[10][11] David Miliband, the United Kingdom Foreign Secretary described it as torture on July 19, 2008, and stated "the UK unreservedly condemns the use of torture."[31] Arguments have been put forward that it might not be torture in all cases, or that it is unclear.[32][33][34][35] The U.S. State Department has recognized "submersion of the head in water" as torture in other circumstances, for example, in its 2005 Country Report on Tunisia.[36]

Edited by eaglejelly

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed was waterboarded 183 times while being interrogated by the CIA, and is the person who has survived the most waterboarding sessions.[125] According to the Bush administration, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed divulged information of tremendous value during his detention. He is said to have helped point the way to the capture of Riduan Isamuddin (AKA Hambali), the Indonesian terrorist responsible for the 2002 bombings of night clubs in Bali. According to the Bush administration, he also provided information on an Al Qaeda leader in England.[126]

During a radio interview on October 24, 2006, with Scott Hennen of radio station WDAY, Vice President Dick Cheney seemed to agree with the use of waterboarding.[127][128]

The administration later denied that Cheney had confirmed the use of waterboarding, saying that U.S. officials do not talk publicly about interrogation techniques because they are classified. White House Press Secretary Tony Snow said that Cheney was not referring to waterboarding, but only to a "dunk in the water", prompting one reporter to ask, "So dunk in the water means, what, we have a pool now at Guantanamo and they go swimming?" Tony Snow replied, "You doing stand-up?"[129]

On September 13, 2007, ABC News reported that a former intelligence officer stated that Khalid Sheikh Mohammed had been waterboarded in the presence of a female CIA supervisor.[130]

Captured along with Khalid Sheikh Mohammed was a letter from bin Laden which led officials to think that he knew where the Al Qaeda founder was hiding.[131][132]

According to sources familiar with a private interview of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, he claimed to have been waterboarded five times.[126] A CIA official told ABC News that "he had been water-boarded, and had won the admiration of his interrogators because it took him two to two-and-half minutes to start confessing

One of Abu Zubayda's interrogators, Ali Soufan, later testified to Congress that Zubayda was producing useful information in response to conventional interrogation methods and stopped providing accurate information in response to torture.[139] Ali Soufon, also one of the FBI's most successful interrogators, explained " "When they are in pain, people will say anything to get the pain to stop. Most of the time, they will lie, make up anything to make you stop hurting them. That means the information you're getting is useless."

Do you even read what you cite?

That aside, which part of that says water boarding isn't torture?

If George W Bush had a few months earlier accused GM and Chrysler of wasting taxpayer money to fly to Washington for hearings on bailouts would you have accused him of being a hypocrite?

So, tell me again, what is it about Obama that makes him so brilliant and impressive?

I am not sure I understand this one. Are you saying Obama is a hypocrite because he flies in Air Force One while chastizing GM and Chrysler for flying in thier private jets? The President must fly in Air Force One whenever feasible regardless of current economic status. Air Force One is more than just a really nice 747 my friend. It is a flying command center. From that aircraft the President has full control over all military assests including the capability (if necessary... god forbid) to launch nuclear weapons.

GM and Chrysler CEO's were arriving in super expensive private jets to basically ask for a handout from congress. Thats like someone who has a flat screen TV, a $2000 computer, and custom rims on thier car applying for gov't assistance. Its just not right.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.