Trade Rumors and minor team trades.

SS-SS

Yeah, but all he said was they are being traded. Never a destination. He also said Allen and Spacek were dealt. These are ALL names that have been rumored to move for weeks. All he did was say they were moved and sit back and see if it happened.

It's the same thing he did with Nash to NYR. Everyone was rumoring it. So he said it was done, and waited to see if it would happen. When it became obvious it wouldn't, he claimed it was a 'reverse jinx'. Watch what happens if Nash DOES go to the Rags.

He's already saying "we really gonna go HAM #RJ 'd the #RJ 'd on them" WRT the Nash thing. Dude's definitely a troll.

I didn't see the Spacek one, but Allen was already counted in the 3-for-5. So he's 3-for-6. For someone who's nothing more than a rumor monger, those are good numbers. And, honestly, I couldn't care less that he's only saying someone's dealt with no further info. There are literally dozens of players who have been rumored to get dealt over the last couple weeks. He's named six, and three have moved. Even if he's just picking named out of a hat, he's doing so at an entertainingly high success rate.

To me, it's all part of the fun for a day like today. I can understand some being frustrated by it, but it entertains me. To each his own.

Apparently a false alarm.

My link

Haha what timing by the city. I can't help but think that someone in that city office is a hockey fan and laughing at this.

Yeah, but all he said was they are being traded. Never a destination. He also said Allen and Spacek were dealt. These are ALL names that have been rumored to move for weeks. All he did was say they were moved and sit back and see if it happened.

Exactly. ANYONE following news today would be able to be 50%+ right by saying "player x will be traded".

Someone says this every single year, and the same thing every July 1st. It's like people are expecting non-stop trades all day long.

Considering we're only two years removed from the most insane deadline day in history, its not a surprise. This year is definitely slow compared to the last few.

Someone says this every single year, and the same thing every July 1st. It's like people are expecting non-stop trades all day long.

I didn't look at the exact number of trade that have been done, but it seems like a really small amount of deals with 20 minutes remaining compared to the other years.

I didn't look at the exact number of trade that have been done, but it seems like a really small amount of deals with 20 minutes remaining compared to the other years.

TSN has 8 trades, 15 players and 8 picks for the day. But I think it can be argued that trades in the preceding week or so should count as well. It's one of the least active deadlines I can remember (thus far).

What if Nash is already on his way to New York for the game?!?

Won't happen.

Spector just tweeted that this is the quietest deadline ever for him (since 2000).

So what's left of #Thrashers/#NHLJets Kovalchuk trade? Oduya gone, Bergfors gone. 1st-rd pick gone (to CHI for Buff Sopel). Cormier (AHL).
Edited by ghdi