Does the Win Seal our 1st Rd Draft Fate?

CMONPETEYD

46 members have voted

1. 1. Will The Devils Forfeit their 2012 1st Rd Pick

• Yes
    • No

I still wouldnt this year. Its a really deep draft and they are alot of good player projected to go late in the first round. Dont we have 2 years left after this one to get rid of the pick?

It is? I've heard the exact opposite. Anyway at best we are now picking 27th, we could trade for a 2nd round pick somewhere in the low 30's if we thought there was someone we really wanted. Seems like a no brainer, you never know where we will end up in the ensuing years and its hard to imagine we would be in a better spot to give up a pick.

When i say its deep i mean mainly the 1st and 2nd rounds. I think theres a big drop off from there. But unlike last year where there was basically 4 stud players and a good top 10, i think this year the first should be all good players. Martin frk, a center, was projected about a year ago to go top 5 and now they have him projected in the 20s

Word is that this draft is pretty weak in North American talent. There's a number of European prospects, but many outside of the top few have been exposed to North America.

Word is that there was a significant drop-off after the teens. I saw somewhere that some scouts felt that there probably would be a glut of what they would call "second round talent" available in the middle of the 1st round straight through into the early 3rd round.

There's some belief (yes they say that every year) that the volume of talent is much higher next year for North American talent, including QMJHL/US/OHL.

No question we should forfeit this pick. I doubt there's a guy in the 20s that Lou and Conte "have to get". Do we really want to keep the pick to just take a Matt Corrente or Adrian Foster here? Devils also don't really have enough ammo to trade up even if they wanted to considering where they are now slated for picking considering they gave up the Caps 2nd and their own 2nd is a late one.

I still wouldnt this year. Its a really deep draft and they are alot of good player projected to go late in the first round. Dont we have 2 years left after this one to get rid of the pick?

One year...and not giving up the pick when it's 27-30 this year is akin to taking another card when you have 20 in a game of 21.

Not only is it a bottom 4 pick, it's a bottom 3 pick - whoever loses the Western Conference Final will have fewer points than the Devils, so we're basically locked into one of 28-29-30.

That's what I thought, but apparently if PXH loses, they'd still get the higher pick based on being a division winner.

That's what I thought, but apparently if PXH loses, they'd still get the higher pick based on being a division winner.

Really? Hmm. Must have gotten rotten info. Oh well.

Regardless, as you've said - there's no hitting on a 20 in a game of blackjack. This is the year it's forfeited, even if it's 27.

What's the counter argument here? Hope the league forgets next year?

I was gonna repeat my attempt at explaining what is miserably obvious as the risk is virtually nothing but this says it way better than I could have.

i would've given it up if they lost in round 1 so there is absolutely no way you don't give it up this year.

it's not supposed to be a great draft

you don't know if parise leaves if the team takes a step back

those were my feelings before.

now that this is pick 28 - 32, it's an automatic to give it up.