2013 Miami Dolphins Thread

Daniel

If you're a Dolphins fan, this is the type of game you'd expect to lose...tough road game against an opponent who clearly looks like it's one of the top teams this season.  Those "reminder we're not quite there YET" games sting sometimes, but this loss shouldn't take away that: 

1) Dolphins still went into Indy and beat them (Colts' only loss), and beat Atlanta (they may be 1-3 but they're still dangerous).   

2) Tannehill is getting better, though last night's performance just killed his season numbers.  Biggest issue is the fumbling...6 this season, 15 career.  That's got to stop.

3) 3-1 with three of your first four games coming on the road is nothing to sneeze at for a team trying to take steps forward.  That's impressive. 

Dolphins have a decent shot to go 5-1, getting Baltimore at home, then getting an extra week to prepare for Buffalo (also at home), before going up to NE.  I'm guessing they'll probably split the Baltimore/Buffalo games, which would still make them a solid 4-2, but it's definitely not like 5-1 is a pipe dream. 

Dolphins' road sched is favorable, from a strength-of-opponent standpoint...only really tough game left on it is @NE (10/27)...it would be a terrific accomplishment if they went in there and won.  After that, the road sched is Tampa Bay (11/11), NY Jets (12/1), Pittsburgh (12/8), and Buffalo (12/22).  The killer could potentially be the elements in those final three games.  Dolphins should split those four road games at the very least, but I think they can find a way to win three of them if the weather's not too rough. 

The most interesting game left on their home schedule is the Pats on 12/15...that's looking way ahead (a lot can happen between now and then), but that game could be the one that potentially decides the AFC East...and Brady hasn't always had an easy time of it in Miami.  Pats haven't lost to the Dolphins since 2009, but I don't make much out of that...there's change from year-to-year, teams fall and rise in the NFL seemingly overnight sometimes...there's just not that much relevance from year-to-year, or even game-to-game sometimes. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

If you're a Dolphins fan, this is the type of game you'd expect to lose...tough road game against an opponent who clearly looks like it's one of the top teams this season.  Those "reminder we're not quite there YET" games sting sometimes, but this loss shouldn't take away that: 

1) Dolphins still went into Indy and beat them (Colts' only loss), and beat Atlanta (they may be 1-3 but they're still dangerous).   

2) Tannehill is getting better, though last night's performance just killed his season numbers.  Biggest issue is the fumbling...6 this season, 15 career.  That's got to stop.

3) 3-1 with three of your first four games coming on the road is nothing to sneeze at for a team trying to take steps forward.  That's impressive. 

Dolphins have a decent shot to go 5-1, getting Baltimore at home, then getting an extra week to prepare for Buffalo (also at home), before going up to NE.  I'm guessing they'll probably split the Baltimore/Buffalo games, which would still make them a solid 4-2, but it's definitely not like 5-1 is a pipe dream. 

Dolphins' road sched is favorable, from a strength-of-opponent standpoint...only really tough game left on it is @NE (10/27)...it would be a terrific accomplishment if they went in there and won.  After that, the road sched is Tampa Bay (11/11), NY Jets (12/1), Pittsburgh (12/8), and Buffalo (12/22).  The killer could potentially be the elements in those final three games.  Dolphins should split those four road games at the very least, but I think they can find a way to win three of them if the weather's not too rough. 

The most interesting game left on their home schedule is the Pats on 12/15...that's looking way ahead (a lot can happen between now and then), but that game could be the one that potentially decides the AFC East...and Brady hasn't always had an easy time of it in Miami.  Pats haven't lost to the Dolphins since 2009, but I don't make much out of that...there's change from year-to-year, teams fall and rise in the NFL seemingly overnight sometimes...there's just not that much relevance from year-to-year, or even game-to-game sometimes. 

This game was supposed to be house money, so the loss itself doesn't bother me so much.  What bothers me is that they got absolutely throttled, after what looked to be a promising start.  You couple that with the fact that they have yet to win a game decisively, it tells me the Phins are not ready for prime time, although, to be fair, not many teams are. 

The good news is that the AFC is not very deep, so the playoffs are still a possibility, and actually more than a 50/50 probability if you think the statistics about 3-0 teams have any meaning. 

This game was supposed to be house money, so the loss itself doesn't bother me so much.  What bothers me is that they got absolutely throttled, after what looked to be a promising start.  You couple that with the fact that they have yet to win a game decisively, it tells me the Phins are not ready for prime time, although, to be fair, not many teams are. 

The good news is that the AFC is not very deep, so the playoffs are still a possibility, and actually more than a 50/50 probability if you think the statistics about 3-0 teams have any meaning. 

Miami was always getting dominated. I would say Vegas got destroyed with this line being only at -7. Primetime game in the dome are a recipe for disaster against I'd say 27 of the other 31 teams. Look at the 3 primetime games the Saints had before last year (when Payton was suspended).

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201110230nor.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201111280nor.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201112260nor.htm

The Giants and Falcons were to very good teams. The Giants ended up winning the SB. But the Saints offense just gets going after slow starts and doesn't stop. 

the Saints have also been averaging 35 points a game at home in their last 20 games or something sick like that.....knowing you need to match those points is a tall order for almost any offense in the league....this game was not a good matchup anywhere for Miami.....

Just some bad things that set the tone for this game . Can't stop thinking about thigpen getting tripped up, the third and 1/2 inch play , and the tannehill int before the half.

Like maddog said. We're 3-1 which I didn't expect at this point

Can't win them all.....unless your the 72 fins

Crap, I hate the fact that we have you guys next week, coming off the Monday trend. Hopefully, we can at least run the ball on the Fins.

I still can't get over the third and 1/2 inch debacle. It shifted the momentum of the game.

Yeah that 3rd and a fvcking fingernail play burned me more than anything else the other night. If we score a TD on that drive, it would've been a different game. Doesn't mean we would've won, but it would've definitely been a different game. Edited by MadDog2020

An embarrassing loss in the making.

Is it too late to call Tim Tebow or perhaps Josh Freeman? Tannehill is a lot like Adam Larsson. We're told they're good based on reputation and draft position, but they both have nothing to show for it.

I think the Tannehill apologists will use the same excuse that we get from the Larsson apologists, he's only in his [fill in the blank] year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Edited by Daniel

The consolation here is that at least the Phins are better than Jacksonville. We should be drafting Manziel. I would hope Bridgewater, but we're not that bad, the same way we weren't bad enough to get Luck.

Tannehill apologists on three, two, one ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Edited by Daniel

Well the loss wasn't quite that emabarassing although it was a game that our overrated QB took from the jaws of victory. He ought to be thanking his lucky stars it wasn't worse if that INT in the first quarter hadn't been reversed.

When will people start to realize that Tannehill is not the answer?

Edited by Daniel

Well the loss wasn't quite that emabarassing although it was a game that our overrated QB took from the jaws of victory. He ought to be thanking his lucky stars it wasn't worse if that INT in the first quarter hadn't been reversed. When will people start to realize that Tannehill is not the answer?

How many dropped balls were there?

Tannehill was the only thing that worked on your offense lol...I mean really, 307 yards and 0 actual INT's? And your RB's gained 16 yards on 9 carries :P

He takes a million sacks and does not get rid of the ball. This was a very winnable game, where the defense got us a touchdown.

This is a 7-9 team, if Tannehill is lucky.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Well the loss wasn't quite that emabarassing although it was a game that our overrated QB took from the jaws of victory. He ought to be thanking his lucky stars it wasn't worse if that INT in the first quarter hadn't been reversed. When will people start to realize that Tannehill is not the answer?

How many dropped balls were there?

Every QB deals with dropped passes. That's an excuse for bad QBs. Like Sanchez, like Tannehill.

He takes a million sacks and does not get rid of the ball. This was a very winnable game, where the defense got us a touchdown. This is a 7-9 team, if Tannehill is lucky. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

To me when you have six sacks AND average < 2 YPC that screams 'bad offensive line' more than QB holding the ball but I don't watch the Dolphins :P

He takes a million sacks and does not get rid of the ball. This was a very winnable game, where the defense got us a touchdown. This is a 7-9 team, if Tannehill is lucky. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

To me when you have six sacks AND average < 2 YPC that screams 'bad offensive line' more than QB holding the ball but I don't watch the Dolphins :P

I watch them. Believe me, Tannehill is not running for his life.

Lmfao, Daniel. I can't even read your posts about Tannehill without cracking up. Dude is under siege thanks to the worst o-line in the history of organized football, throws for 300 yards and doesn't turn it over at all (even converting an unreal 4th and 10) and its the QB's fault. I mean, I can't even take it seriously, I'm sincerely hoping you're parodying yourself at this point.

Who do the Fins have cing off the bye?

Bills @ home.

The schedule's turning out to be pretty tough...the rest of the way:

Bills

@Pats

Bengals

@Bucs

SD

Car

@Jets

@Steelers

Pats

@Bills

Jets

I mean, it feels good to have our own destiny in our hands...we have yet to play a divisional game and are 1 game back on New England...but that's becoming a rough schedule.  The only "sure" win I see in that list is @Bucs and maybe @Steelers depending on the weather and how much they may have given up.  Oh, and the Bills this week if Thad Lewis can't play...rumor has it they're looking at Matt Flynn for next week's game if Thad can't go.

But if you want to be the best, you have to beat the best.  We're still very much in control of our own destiny, especially with Baltimore losing this week.

Edited by Hi, I'm VALUE!

Bills @ home.

The schedule's turning out to be pretty tough...the rest of the way:

Bills

@Pats

Bengals

@Bucs

SD

Car

@Jets

@Steelers

Pats

@Bills

Jets

I mean, it feels good to have our own destiny in our hands...we have yet to play a divisional game and are 1 game back on New England...but that's becoming a rough schedule.  The only "sure" win I see in that list is @Bucs and maybe @Steelers depending on the weather and how much they may have given up.  Oh, and the Bills this week if Thad Lewis can't play...rumor has it they're looking at Matt Flynn for next week's game if Thad can't go.

But if you want to be the best, you have to beat the best.  We're still very much in control of our own destiny, especially with Baltimore losing this week.

A nice thumping of the Bills would go a long way to giving me confidence that the Phins are actually a playoff contender.