New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow this thread is at a record low

i keep imagining kovalchuk visiting LA and acting like woody allen in annie hall, even though that makes absolutely no sense

There's a "Woody Kovalchuk would chuck wood" joke in there somewhere.

Don't worry about him. You're someone that the board knows as a member, he's someone that the board knows as an obnoxious troll who won't be here in another week.

Yea you're right. It's pretty obvious what kind of person he is. I won't stoop to his level.

wow this thread is at a record low

i keep imagining kovalchuk visiting LA and acting like woody allen in annie hall, even though that makes absolutely no sense

I could see that. Kovy renting some big old Ford LTD then smashing into other cars as he tries to back out of a parking space.

poor child. whats funny is the site owner deletes the thread today where mr the michael turdburglar gets in over his head as usual and pulls his usual attack defense and cries to the owner but threads are left where satansdevils par99 and others got alot worse. i guess thats what happens when you have a board award named after you :rofl:

troll1.gif

The thread was full of personal attacks which is not something we like seeing around here. Many threads like that are deleted. You aren't special.

Edited by mrthemike

DF26 is right. That Ninja Turtles pic is full of fail. It's too bad, too; if you had some girls who weren't overtanned anorexic bubbleheads, the potential for win would be over 9000.

The post fixer strikes again.

Fixing posts is funny once in a while, but dude, you are completely beating it into the ground.

DF26 is right. That Ninja Turtles pic is full of fail. It's too bad, too; if you had some girls who weren't overtanned anorexic bubbleheads, the potential for win would be over 9000.

Fixing posts is funny once in a while, but dude, you are completely beating it into the ground.

This is what I do: :horse::P

poor child. whats funny is the site owner deletes the thread today where mr the michael turdburglar gets in over his head as usual and pulls his usual attack defense and cries to the owner but threads are left where satansdevils par99 and others got alot worse. i guess thats what happens when you have a board award named after you :rofl:

Gamebreaker I suggest you change your 'tude and start adding something useful to this board instead of going around insulting and attacking other posters (which is all you've done since you got here). If you don't one of the admins is gonna get fed up soon enough and you're not going to be be part of this site anymore.

Either way you've already made it clear you'd like to turn everyone here against you. I mean dude, seriously, why not contribute to the board - isn't that why you joined?

Hollywood, I appreciate the effort you make to provide this board with informantion. However, you never post a source for the material your putting on this board, making your posts baseless rumors which aren't really supposed to be thrown around on these boards. Especially as a new poster, you need to back up what you post here - it would be much appreciated

Yeah, I understand link refs... but many of what I post is by IM or phone info, which some is very confidential.

If there's no link in the post or I forgot to include it... you can also copy a portion of the text and Google it. That will zero it right down to the article if it's web based.

here's another Kovy article from the Junk yard: http://www.hockeyjunkyard.com/

Edited by HOLLYWOOD

They are still hitable.

Would a player fly to LA for a bargaining chip. An offer can come is via phone or fax. Plus the Kings were already interested when the Devs made an offer, no?

Not that I think he is using LA just as a baganing chip, but what message would that send if he didn't go? Yeah Lou, I really want to go to LA but I'm not willing to go there for a trip to see if I like the city. You better up your offer.

As for the crowd that doesn't want him at all, you are all nuts. You don't want him at too high of a price(what that price is totally fair game to disect), ok, but to say he won't make this team better is just plain wrong. Can he be selfish? sure. didn't 3/4 of his 1 on four rushes happen when the rest of his line was going for a change? I rather have Kovy try to work some magic 1 on 4 then dump the puck. Just gives the other team something to gameplan against. The one impression I got form the short stint Kovy has been here is that he looks like he's never been properly coached. Maybe he has and just ignored it, but the thought of him with this team with a full training camp does get me excited (not cutting diamonds excited, but that feeling you get when you are a couple days away from vacation).

As for the Kovy or Parise argument. I don't see why both can't be here. Forgot who said it but I rather have Kovy and still try to sign Parise, than not sign Kovy and have Parise bolt anyway(or some freak injury) and then you don't have either.

Can someone explain why so many people want Lou to pull his offer off the table? what good does that do? Even if as a team Lou moves on, why make it easier for him to sign to LA? If they are going to take a cap hit, might as well make it as big as possible so when they are in cap hell downt he road, swoop in if you can.

Still trying to not get my hopes up until any deal is signed. I still don't think we would be in the running had we not rented him and he got a feeling for the org and area.

just my ramblings

the one in ghdi or whatever the ninja freaks handle is :giggle: looks like a turd should be dropping from her cheeks. You all see one thing, I see quite another... trauma.

When speaking of ninjas, the word "turd" simply does not suffice. "Samurai shat" or "fudge dragon" are more acceptable.

Love this bit from Mike Emrick:

"There can only be one winner," he intones. "The player could make a big score, but he could also lose the millions he left on the table when he walked away from that final offer from the Thrashers.

mike-emrick.2.jpg

"But he's not the only one at risk. So is his agent. If Bob Goodenow were still in charge of the NHLPA, he'd be leaning on Mr. Grossman so hard to use tonight's game to drive salaries higher that Grossman would welcome the second coming of Bugsy Seigel just to get the union boss off his back. As it is, Mr. Kovalchuk could be upset if this doesn't go his way. If he indeed has to go with that bunch of Russian guys who wear sun glasses indoors, well, he just may have to bite a bullet that is sure to upset his stomach as much as his wallet.

"If that's not enough drama, the winning bidder is also at risk. His franchise is surely playing with money it doesn't have, at least not for the length of term that Mr. Kovalchuk is demanding. The prospect of the salary cap dropping is very real. The winning GM could lose big if Mr. Kovalchuk gets hurt or his new contract upsets the team's salary structure, its ability to sign future free agents, or pay its rising stars. Now...let the bidding begin!"

Read more: http://sportsillustr...l#ixzz0taSrdfLG

Edited by jim777

the one in ghdi or whatever the ninja freaks handle is :giggle: looks like a turd should be dropping from her cheeks. You all see one thing, I see quite another... trauma.

Watch yourself. I will sic the Wu-Tang Clan on your raggedy ass.