Kincaid sent down, Frazee called up

SterioDesign

They have an oppertunity to see some prospects in the big league without a lot to lose. mine as well kick the tires on all of them

I posted in the other thread that I didn't think Kinkaid looked all that great, but this is a little mystifying. Kid has been up here for a a couple weeks, if there's going to be another 3rd string start/replacement I think he should get the benefit of the doubt.

I posted in the other thread that I didn't think Kinkaid looked all that great, but this is a little mystifying. Kid has been up here for a a couple weeks, if there's going to be another 3rd string start/replacement I think he should get the benefit of the doubt.

well like you said  he looked a bit shakey, let the other one have a shot if it presents itself

Does someone want to answer me why we signed both Moose and Marty to the same amount of years?? Kinda poor planning.  I would have thought we would have been as proactive as possible having someone under Marty learning from the best.  Instead we are scheduled for disaster when the contracts are up.. Anyone have any thoughts behind that manuver ??

I am sick to my stomach... they are on crazy pills right now..

Sick to your stomach? An undrafted 23-year-old rookie goaltender is not the answer to our problems. This move is inconsequential, Moose was slated to start on Thursday so what does it matter who is sitting on the bench as his backup?

Not to mention, Frazee has better numbers than Kinkaid this season in Albany, so I'm sure he would fare fine if he was forced into action on Thursday.

Edited by JWomp

Sick to your stomach? An undrafted 23-year-old rookie goaltender is not the answer to our problems. This move is inconsequential, Moose was slated to start on Thursday so what does it matter who is sitting on the bench as his backup?

Because we have back to backs coming up this weekend and it stands to reason that whomever is sitting shotgun will get one of those games in.

Because we have back to backs coming up this weekend and it stands to reason that whomever is sitting shotgun will get one of those games in.

Even so...why are people panicking about what third-string goalie is on the roster? Moose is going to play Thursday, and the team can figure out the plan for this weekend from there.

Kinkaid is younger than Frazee, so at this point he's a more realistic NHL prospect than Frazee, but don't forget that Frazee was once a highly regarded prospect, too. It doesn't make a difference which one of them is backing up.

Look at their numbers this year in Albany:

Frazee 2.33 GAA .920 save percentage

Kinkaid 2.69 GAA .905 save percentage

Edited by JWomp

Even so...why are people panicking about what third-string goalie is on the roster? Moose is going to play Thursday, and the team can figure out the plan for this weekend from there.

I am not panicking, just confused over the decisions being made.  Moose needs a break plain and simple.. Give it to him... Allow someone else in the net to give the team a positive thought process.  You can't disagree with me that moose is clearly shook right now and has 0 confidence..

I am not panicking, just confused over the decisions being made.  Moose needs a break plain and simple.. Give it to him... Allow someone else in the net to give the team a positive thought process.  You can't disagree with me that moose is clearly shook right now and has 0 confidence..

Oh, I totally agree. I'm a huge Moose fan, but there's no doubt that he is in a big slump right now. He's not the sole cause of this losing streak, but he's not the solution either. If I was Deboer, I would have started Kinkaid on Thursday to shake things up.

However, given that he already pegged Hedberg as the starter....it doesn't matter who is backing up.

Oh, I totally agree. I'm a huge Moose fan, but there's no doubt that he is in a big slump right now. He's not the sole cause of this losing streak, but he's not the solution either. If I was Deboer, I would have started Kinkaid on Thursday to shake things up.

However, given that he already pegged Hedberg as the starter....it doesn't matter who is backing up.

Yea the whole team is just a nightmare.. We need to play a conference game and get fired up again.. That might light a fire under their asses..

True.  While it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, most people here (myself included) believe that Moose needs to sit on Thursday and are probably more upset about Moose getting the nod than they are about Kinkaid going down.  Plus, the kid came in last night and gave no reason to be sent down. 

I just don't get why they did this now.  Frazee had better numbers a week ago too, but Kinkaid got the call.  Nothing has changed since then so it seems to reason that Kinky should either still be here, or Frazee should have been called up from the beiginning.

Kinkaid is younger than Frazee, so at this point he's a more realistic NHL prospect than Frazee, but don't forget that Frazee was once a highly regarded prospect, too. It doesn't make a difference which one of them is backing up.

Look at their numbers this year in Albany:

Frazee 2.33 GAA .920 save percentage

Kinkaid 2.69 GAA .905 save percentage

As others noted, I wouldn't say panic, just confusion. Given that they brought Kinkaid up, I would have thought it would been a good gesture on the Devils part to give him the full start over someone else. He's been here for 4 or 5 games, gets in for 25 minutes, plays "decent" and then gets sent down? I'm sure he's going to have trouble understanding that for a seemingly meaningless switch.

As others noted, I wouldn't say panic, just confusion. Given that they brought Kinkaid up, I would have thought it would been a good gesture on the Devils part to give him the full start over someone else. He's been here for 4 or 5 games, gets in for 25 minutes, plays "decent" and then gets sent down? I'm sure he's going to have trouble understanding that for a seemingly meaningless switch.

Kinkaid said himself that he wasn't expecting any NHL minutes this year and that getting in last night was ahead of what he expected at his age. I don't think he's going to have problems understanding. He seems to understand his place and he'll probably use the experience in Albany.

As for Frazee, I've always liked him, but I'm pretty sure his chance is up. The call up may be a reward for how well he's played this year, including the last few days while kinkaid was in jersey.