250 replies to this topic

#121 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:29 PM

I was at the game tonight. Pretty good crowd for once. There were some notable player omissions with no teddy, pesonen, disemone, and hrabaranka. I thought henrique had an awesome game defensively. Josefson had another strong game i thought. I really like the way whitney played. Ive been pretty high on him since last season. I hope down the road he gets a chance at the NJ DEVILS roster. I thought larsson had an off nights. He uncharacteristically coughed the puck up a bunch in key moments. But hes had so many great games so far that he was bound to have a rougn one. Finally i thought frazee played awesome. He made so many big stops tonight. He really kept them in the game

#122 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,876 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:07 PM

What arena -- home or away -- on the Albany Devils schedule is closest in miles to the Rock? Thinking of checking out a game.

#123 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:11 PM

Todays feed for the Devils, Admirals game. Quality kinda sucks unfortunately.
http://www.thefirstr...any-devils.html

Devils killed off a 5 on 3 penalty kill in the early part of the game. Whitney and Sestito took penalties. JJ and henrique were the forwards killing. Loving the way they have been playing on the kill. Especially Henrique

#124 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:25 PM

score is 1-1. fluky goals by caputi and wiseman

#125 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,482 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:59 PM

What arena -- home or away -- on the Albany Devils schedule is closest in miles to the Rock? Thinking of checking out a game.

Judging from this map, Bridgeport or Wilkes-Barre are probably closest to Newark, depending where in NJ you are.

http://www.sportmapw...th-america/ahl/

Edit: According the the ole google maps, Prudential to Wilkes-Barre is 2 hrs 15 mins, and to Bridgeport its 1 hr 40 mins.

Edited by Devil Dan 56, 12 November 2012 - 03:06 PM.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#126 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,206 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:07 PM

Nice outlet pass by Burlon.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#127 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,876 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:18 PM

Judging from this map, Bridgeport or Wilkes-Barre are probably closest to Newark, depending where in NJ you are.

http://www.sportmapw...th-america/ahl/

Edit: According the the ole google maps, Prudential to Wilkes-Barre is 2 hrs 15 mins, and to Bridgeport its 1 hr 40 mins.

That's a cool map -- never saw it before.

Yes, I after going team by team on Google Maps earlier, I too figured that Bridgeport is closest.

I might even try for a weekend home game in Albany. Supposedly, it's about 2 1/2 hours from me.

#128 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:48 PM

Dec 19th at 7:00 albany at bridgeport (its a weds. night) then a sunday @ 3:00 on march 17th (hopefully its moot by then)

#129 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,595 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:34 PM

Depending on where in NJ you are, Hershey is a little more than a two-hour drive. And there are four "home" games scheduled to be played in Atlantic City, including the Sunday after Thanksgiving.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#130 JWomp

JWomp

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:16 AM

Depending on where in NJ you are, Hershey is a little more than a two-hour drive. And there are four "home" games scheduled to be played in Atlantic City, including the Sunday after Thanksgiving.

Yeah, Hershey is exactly two hours from me in South Jersey, making it the closest AHL arena for me. I went to the Albany/Hershey game at the end of October and I plan to go again in December if the lockout is still on.

I'll also be at the Albany game in AC later this month...it's nice to still be able to see some hockey during the lockout.
Check out my Devils game used memorabilia collection: http://community.web...user/TJordan522

#131 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,482 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:18 AM

Yeah, Hershey is exactly two hours from me in South Jersey, making it the closest AHL arena for me. I went to the Albany/Hershey game at the end of October and I plan to go again in December if the lockout is still on.

I'll also be at the Albany game in AC later this month...it's nice to still be able to see some hockey during the lockout.

That Hershey arena is fun. They have quite a following. I got to catch the All Star game in AC last season. The arena set up is interesting. There's just an open space on one end of the arena.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#132 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,876 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:19 AM

Atlantic City is almost as far as Albany for me -- albeit in the other direction. And Hershey is slightly farther.

Dec 19th at 7:00 albany at bridgeport (its a weds. night) then a sunday @ 3:00 on march 17th (hopefully its moot by then)

I'm considering that one.

I wonder if any of the fan clubs are considering a bus trip up to Albany. I'd definitely be on board for that.

On Monday, after having dinner at Dinosaur BBQ, I happened to walk into the AmeriHealth Pavilion and caught a few minutes of a New Jersey Rockets game. It made me realize how much I miss watching hockey live.

#133 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,893 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:28 PM

Another game, another shootout loss, 4-3 this time. Nice job coming back from 2-0 and 3-2 down though, and 2 PP goals to boot.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#134 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,206 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:55 PM

Maybe they could sign Kovy to an AHL-shootout-only-contract?

believe2.jpg

#135 Steven M.

Steven M.

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,983 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:55 AM

Visiting a friend here in Illinois and made it to the Peoria Rivermen @ Chicago Wolves game last night. Peoria won, 3-2. Zach Kassian, the only player I recognized played awful. Including a 10 min unsportsmanlike conduct and a penalty to end Chicago's comeback hopes with a penalty at 19:51 of the 3rd. They sure love their Wolves in Chicago. Many Blackhawks fans which is quite the conflict of interest considering the Wolves are Vancouver's affiliate. First ever AHL game was a success, too bad there are no teams down by me in Florida cause I had fun.

Edited by Steven M., 18 November 2012 - 11:55 AM.

100601larry-david2.jpg

#136 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,009 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:03 AM

Albany lost to Syracuse 4-1, their second loss in a row. Scoring his first goal of the year was Whitney, assisted by Henrique, earning him 3rd star. Kinkaid made 21 saves on 25 shots and earned a roughing penalty. Taormina had an assist for Syracuse. Here is the gamesheet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tYL1ZCR9TGk

Albany takes on Wilkes-Barre/Scranton in AC tomorrow at 4. They are still last in their conference and second to last in the league with 12 points.

Trenton lost to Greenville 3-0. Wedgewood had 35 saves on 37 shots earning 3rd star and Haczyk was a -1, with 2 shots and 2 PIM's. Clermont didn't play for Elmira tonight against South Carolina.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl

My New Jersey Devils Prospect Blog
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#137 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 26,893 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:48 PM

Honestly feels like Albany should consider firing Kowalsky at this point. No excuse for this much talent being unable to string together wins.

#138 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,206 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:33 AM

I don't know if they should be happy or not with taking 7 penalties and losing in the SO.

believe2.jpg

#139 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:41 AM

Went to the game yesterday, had a blast. The team looks good, the talent is totally there. Henrique, Josefson, Tedenby, and even Butler looked GREAT. We have some SERIOUS offensive talent coming up!!

However, our defense was largely underwhelming. Larsson made a couple of questionable plays in the second half of the game and overall they left Kinkaid out to dry way too many times. Kinkaid, on the other hand, looked GREAT. Disregard the 4 goals on the scoreboard, he made some awesome saves and if my memory serves me correctly, all 4 goals were from some seriously severe defensive lapses around/behind the net. I don't get to watch minor league hockey too often but I felt very comfortable with Kinkaid in net. It's the defense I'm a bit worried about; there were player coverages I could spot from the upper seats that our d-men were one step behind on.

However, the Penguins didn't look half-bad, so I can't say the team played badly overall; they were extremely evenly matched.

#140 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 26,893 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:58 AM

I don't know if they should be happy or not with taking 7 penalties and losing in the SO.

3rd game in 3 nights, I think that's fine. It's the other two games that are of concern.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users