GDT: Eastern Conference Semis - Game 3 Philadelphia @ NJ - 5/3/12

NJCroMag

The refs owe us two power plays. Phantom high stick on Briere, phantom delay on Kovy. And what was the deal with the phantom offsides where the faceoff came back into our zone? Are they just making it up as they go?

The refs owe us two power plays. Phantom high stick on Briere, phantom delay on Kovy. And what was the deal with the phantom offsides where the faceoff came back into our zone? Are they just making it up as they go?

They were really offside but I have no clue why it came back. It wasn't deliberate.

Edited by capo

They were really offside but I have no clue why it came back. It wasn't deliberate.

Didn't look offside to me, but it was a fast play so I may have missed it. I'll take your word for it. And I thought that those gratuitous offsides came to center ice, not the offending team's defensive zone. :noclue:

And SH, yeah, it was am Oscar-worthy performance by Briere. Even Keith Jones talked about it during the intermission show, along with slo-mo replay to verify.

Glad NBC is covering the BS penalties against the Devs...

The replay on the Jumbotron and Kovy going nuts in the penalty box was Classic... reminds me of Captain Crunch going nuts in the penalty box, when Ty Domi sucker punched Scott Niedermayer in the playoffs. The official in the penalty box thought he was going to die.

Oh and that Oscar-worthy performance by Briere is the oldest trick... someone gets their stick between your arm and body... use your upper arm to grab it and hold it in against your body. then showboat or fall down hold the stick and givve the appearance of a "Bad Hooking". Briere elected to pull it in and use it as a "High Stick"

Edited by HOLLYWOOD