Amnesty Buyout Candidates

Derlique

It's nice to dream but if uncle Lou has the reigns and I believe he does we will be lucky to sign Elias. I don't want to be a downer but I have seen nothing but the same old Lou. I would not be surprised if we lose Patrik and sign Clarkson. Lou may have the money but that does not mean he will spend it. Just hope I'm wrong.

I believe he's saying 2 years for a total of $7 million, so that would be 3.5M per season.

i dont know.... i would sure as hell hope so otherwise that beats 7 on the most ridiculous post of the year so far...

NO on Briere.. just NO NO NO

Amnesty Sal.  I can see that Volch hasn't lived up to his contract but he's my boy, i wouldn't want to do it.

I say Sal!! I can dream cant i??

i dont know.... i would sure as hell hope so otherwise that beats 7 on the most ridiculous post of the year so far...

NO on Briere.. just NO NO NO

Amnesty Sal.  I can see that Volch hasn't lived up to his contract but he's my boy, i wouldn't want to do it.

I say Sal!! I can dream cant i??

yeah no to Brière, we're already old as fvck enough as it is

I think for the most part we don't sign ex-Flyers because they're primarily dirty players, players Lou doesn't want on this team, but I think Briere is actually one of the few players on the Flyers that has some class (him and Timonen i've never had any beef with), so I think his attitude (or lack thereof) is something that Lou wouldn't have a problem bringing onto the team.

I just want some sort of game changer up front; Briere, Heatley, hell even Thomas Vanek through a trade, because I feel like if we just fill that 1st line winger role with any sort of efficiency (no more Poni/Sullivan patch jobs) we'll be back on our way to the Playoffs in 2014.

the first part of your post is all wrong... first of all... Claude Lemieux? then... Brière is pretty well known for being a cheap shot artist.

I think for the most part we don't sign ex-Flyers because they're primarily dirty players, players Lou doesn't want on this team, but I think Briere is actually one of the few players on the Flyers that has some class (him and Timonen i've never had any beef with), so I think his attitude (or lack thereof) is something that Lou wouldn't have a problem bringing onto the team.

I just want some sort of game changer up front; Briere, Heatley, hell even Thomas Vanek through a trade, because I feel like if we just fill that 1st line winger role with any sort of efficiency (no more Poni/Sullivan patch jobs) we'll be back on our way to the Playoffs in 2014.

McGillis and Zubrus might want to have a word with you.

priority number one will be resigning Elias.  That'll be the excuse for letting Clarkson fvck himself with a payday.

I'm not saying Elias will be re-signed.  I'm just saying nothing will happen until Elias has sh!t or gotten off the pot after July 1st. THAT is Lou's MO -- I make you wait and now you get to make me wait -- oh wait -- you effed me in the a.  Well that wasn't expected wowwy!   Yeah I get sick of the annual ritual myself.

does anyone say wowwie anymore?

Sorry guys, but of all their players I still would like to have Hartnell or Simmonds. The team culture of the Flyers is "play dirty" so those guys naturally start to play dirty.

Agreed, I like both of those guys on the ice. I see a lot of Flyers hockey down here by Cherry Hill because there is no MSG and they both play hard every shift.

priority number one will be resigning Elias.  That'll be the excuse for letting Clarkson fvck himself with a payday.

does anyone say wowwie anymore?

No, all the cool kids say "zany" :)

Are you kidding me? Why in the world would we sign him @ $7M per? He's getting bought out at $6.5M. I don't want him because I think he's a sh!t head, but I wouldn't offer anything more than what he's getting now. I'd say $4-5M, he's OLD. Plus I doubt he puts up more than 50 points in a season here.

I meant two years, $7 million total.  Excuse my lack of clarity with that.

I meant two years, $7 million total.  Excuse my lack of clarity with that.

It was definitely my miss there, I re-read your post. I was just too blown away by my lack of reading skills to actually sit and think, hmm, maybe he meant over the two years, lol.

And whoever said Briere is classy, have you seen him play?

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't put Briere in the "game-changer" category. At his age, I think he's a very good "patch job" for the right price. I would only advocate getting Briere on a secondary basis, as long as Lou goes after a top-notch "game-changer" first.

This is an extreme long shot but MA Fleury anyone?

Please, no!

It was definitely my miss there, I re-read your post. I was just too blown away by my lack of reading skills to actually sit and think, hmm, maybe he meant over the two years, lol.

And whoever said Briere is classy, have you seen him play?

Yes, for years, not sure why you'd think he's a dirty player. If anything, he's only victim of playing good offense in a dirty system.

Yes, for years, not sure why you'd think he's a dirty player. If anything, he's only victim of playing good offense in a dirty system.

Need I say more? I'm pretty sure I recall him trying to spear someone else along the benches last year during our playoff series, was it Carter? Who then ripped his stick out of his hands. Someone had a good gif of it after it happened.

Edited by ATLL765

This is an extreme long shot but MA Fleury anyone?

I was thinking about that possibility this morning.  It has to be a serious blow to his relationship with the coach and management that he is sitting with no real propsects of getting back into the lineup at this point.  It might be a situation where he needs a change of scenery because he has a ton of talent and shouldn't be this bad.  Not sure what his contract situation is, but I though they re-signed him to a lengthy, big $ deal a few years back and might look to unload him this offseason.

This would be a high-risk/high reward type of deals, but I doubt this would be something Lou would even look into if it ever became a possibility.

After this Boston series, would anyone be shocked if Brad Richards was bought out? He's been in doghouse last 5 games. I wouldn't want him in a Devs sweater. I'll bet Torts lobbied hard to get him to NY.

And, I'll bet he's sorry for it.

After this Boston series, would anyone be shocked if Brad Richards was bought out? He's been in doghouse last 5 games. I wouldn't want him in a Devs sweater. I'll bet Torts lobbied hard to get him to NY.

I think they'll give it a go for another year.

I heard on the radio yesterday that it will cost the Rags approximately $20 million to buy out Richards, and will cost the Flyers the same for Bryzgalov.  I know those teams print money, but that is still a tough to swallow.  Unfortunately, having 2 amnesty buyouts will end up helping the Rags here.

I heard on the radio yesterday that it will cost the Rags approximately $20 million to buy out Richards, and will cost the Flyers the same for Bryzgalov.  I know those teams print money, but that is still a tough to swallow.  Unfortunately, having 2 amnesty buyouts will end up helping the Rags here.

But that's the thing, it doesn't really 'cost' them anything.  If they're convinced Brad Richards is a 15 minutes a game/2nd PP unit guy, they can probably replace him with the money they save for the duration of his contract.  Even if Richards had been good, the Rangers likely would've eaten it hard with the Cap Recapture Benefit Formula - had Richards retired in 2017, the Rangers would be on the hook for around $2.8M in dead cap space for 6 years.