NFL Wild Card Weekend

CRASHER

Well here I sit... in my little hotel room... in Toronto (who the HELL goes to Toronto to watch College Football anyway?? :rant:)... But here goes... live from Hockey Heaven... here's your NFL Wild Card Preview for the Weekend!!!

Washington at Seattle

Why the Redskins can win:

Karma... they've been on a roll since burying Sean Taylor, and despite beating a Dallas team that just didn't care they DID put some impressive wins up over the Giants and knocking the Vikings out of the playoffs by beating them too... they seem to be doing it with smoke and mirrors, but 4 wins in the NFL is 4 wins in the NFL and no NFC team enters the playoffs hotter, and they can run the ball on anyone... good defense and reliable QB play from Collins makes them dangerous....

Why Seattle can win:

Good pass rush, underrated defense... and a VERY good and balanced passing attack (is there a more underrated QB in football then Matt Hasselbeck?) that doesn't rely on getting the ball to just one guy to move the chains... they don't have a running game... but at this point they don't NEED one....not to mention it's a MAJOR bitch to play in that building of theirs (WE NEED NO REMINDER WHAT HAPPENED THERE LAST THANK YOU!!)

Who will win?

I love the home field here... I wonder too how much gas in the tank is left in the Redskins... and Seattle's been napping for the last month and have to be CHOMPING at the bit to whip some ass when it counts again!... I love the Redskin story but I think it ends here.....

Jacksonville at Pittsburgh

Why the Jaguars can win:

Well they DID a few weeks ago... punched them in the face again and again till they bled and gave up.... relentless defense and running game... David Garrard is not a flashy QB, but damned if he ever makes the big mistake (you see that Eli??)... maybe the most dangerous team in the league when the weather gets bad!

Why the Steelers can win:

It won't be a major snowstorm THIS time and Ben Rothelsberger has really matured into QB and leader this year, Najah Davenport isn't Willie Parker (he can find the end zone, right Mike?)... the defense is still good... and hell Polamalu is back... and it's not easy to beat an NFL team at home twice in a row in such a short period....

Who will win?

Come on... you've been reading this... you KNOW I am all ga-ga over the Jaguars already :P

NY Giants at Tampa Bay

Why the Giants can win:

(hey enjoy this I might even say something nice)... good pass rush, solid running game, that usually spells success on the road in the playoffs... questionable special teams however could be an issue... no WR is more dangerous deep the Plaxico is... but has lost secondary weapons around him left and right... Eli showed he can almost play in the big game like he did last week (he still did make a killer INT though)... and Tampa's been playing with the foot off the gas for a LONG time.. it may be too long to flip the switch back on...

Why Tampa can win:

Jeff Garcia... he knows how to win, he's beaten the Giants before and he's the FAR superior of the QBs in this game.... good running game with Graham and still a ball-hungry underrated defense and well as special teams advantage...

Who will win?

When you ask me to pick between Eli Manning and Jeff Garcia I GOTTA take Garcia ten times out of ten... no doubt here....

Tennessee at San Diego

Why the Titans can win:

Umm... I dunno... they kinda backed into the playoffs with Cleveland laying an egg in Cinci and the Colts not caring about game #16... Vince Young is hurt as is Haynesworth, that's the heart of both units....well I guess they can win cause they are playing San Diego and NO ONE comes up softer in the big game then this team the last few years....

Why the Chargers can win:

TALENT... buckets of it at EVERY position... and to be honest THEY MUST WIN THIS GAME or there will be more heads flying around here then there were in the Benoit house (is it to soon to play the Benoit card, or has just everyone forgotten?), and you'd like to think the pissy taste of last year's failure will motivate this team!!

Who will win?

I really can't make a case for the Titans aside of Norv Turner vs Jeff Fisher, but this is a game San Diego can win on talent alone!!!!

Sorry my ass :P

If the Steelers had won basically that Heinz Ward drew a pass interference penalty by PULLING THE D-BACK by the facemask I may have been kicked out of this hotel in Toronto!!!!!!!!!

If the Steelers weren't flat out HIDEOUS in the first half it's a different game!

That game was a tale of two Bens, eh? Jacksonville would have been kicking themselves if they let that one get away, though.

I think Jax can beat their next-round opponent, whether it's NE or Indy. If it's NE and bad weather's a factor in Foxboro, look out.

I keep wondering how in the world the Steelers lost....

Personally this game was also a lesson regarding two point conversions: Teams really should go for them when they ABSOLUTELY have to....when Pittsburgh was called for that phantom holding call after the Steelers apparently cut the lead to 28-25, the Steelers should have kicked the XP to take it to 28-24, so then after the next TD was scored...the Steelers could have just kicked the XP again and taken that 3 point lead, thus the Jags would have just tied the game late instead of taking the lead.

Edited by LOTCB

I love Heniz Ward and he can play on my team ANY day

but Jesus Christ was to drag a guy by THE FACEMASK and still get a 15 yard penalty!!!!!!!

I still have not seen or felt enough about the Sunday games to comment about them

I understand the Bucs got and were all beat up and San Diego took a half to not be scared to lose!

uh my 8th cousin 7 times removed friend is a celtics fan so I like the celtics this month

my brothers girlfriends dog loves watching the red sox play so i think Ill root for the red sox

lets see my nephews teacher once knew a guy who played for a team that is somehow related to the ducks so i liked them last season but no so much anymore

my fathers uncle grandfather once saw a patriots game live so Im a pats fan

wooo hooo justified front runner go me :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:

Hot damn I turned the NFL Playoffs thread into an episode of Monday Night Raw!!!!!

MAKE THE BET MAN!!

(and you know me and how I hate smack talk and bad karma like this :P)

Front running. Holy hell that's the one thing that really gets me pissed off. I explained to you why I liked the different teams I do in the last thread, and t shut you up then, so maybe it will work again?

Dallas: Born and raised in Irving, untill i was 12 years old...

Duke: Graduated from Duke University, so I'm a Duke fan...

Devs: Got into hockey in 96 i think it was, because of my friends. Started watching, and couldn't stop.

Yankees: To be honest, my oldest son got me into baseball when he was 9. I took him to a game, we enjoyed it, so I have been taking him to games ever since.

Now for your little queer bet... if you are "quite satisfied" with guliti's blog, then go for it, but I enjoy this place, and I am not extremely confident that my 'Boys will win. That being said, I am definately open to any 1 month avatar bets?

no avatars. my terms or it doesnt come off at all.

See bettle don't waste your time. He resorts to name calling and other 3rd grade behavior constantly. Let him root for championship teams like a true fan and move on. Haha not to mention in a week hes going to have to take te cowgirls out of his picture. His great aunts old boss was a giants fan you know. ;)

Your an absolute joke and a disgrace to sportsfans. Not to mention this is a website and children, other then yourself of course, may read your vulgar comment.

Hey DM why not get the Admins to do something about this classy poster.

Edited by njdevils783

I appreciate your best regards and your thought out insults :rolleyes:

But again... root for championship teams? C'mon now, not like the Cowboys have been too hot in the last decade, I went to Duke university, but even they haven't been to a Final Four in a couple years. I like Duke football if that makes you feel any better?

But again, I root for who I have always rooted for. I go to the stat sheet and pick the team at the top like you presume, and I don't know why you would accuse me of it, and to be frank, why you would care.

"Children, other than yourself of course" :rofl:

Edited by njdevils783