Marijuana

TrentonDevils

pot.  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which category do you fall under

• No, I dont use it. Arrest the potheads.
    • I don't use it but I think it should be decriminalized
    • I smoke pot, but it should not be legalized.
    • I smoke pot and it should be legalized.

I dont smoke, I've never smoke and I dont plan on smoking. I cant stand pot heads. They piss me off to no extent.

Dude17's picture pretty much says it all. Lmao. My friend Dan smokes quite a bit and his reactions and responses are so slow...its quite sad.

I dont know..do people like think they are cool or something when they smoke? Because they aren't. They look like a bunch of a$$holes and most teens only smoke because they think it will make them cool and .... frankly, it doesnt.

Ps. Crack is also whack.

Wow, that's pretty messed up if you ask me. Could you possibly throw a bigger stereotype into the mix?

To be honest, most people don't smoke because it "makes them look cool," they do it because they like the way it makes them FEEL, they enjoy mellowing out after a stressful day, or they might even do it to try to cut back on some of the pain they're experiencing.

So a person who is suffering from extreme pain (maybe from cancer, maybe from something like RSD) is an a$$hole because they are trying to actually get through the day? Lame.

Open your eyes a bit, bud. If you think smoking pot is bad, that's fine, but don't call those who do a$$holes just because it's not your cup of tea.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talk about painting with a broad stroke. I know people that smoke pot too. They are responsible, respectable, considerate, just great people. I think the "pot heads" that piss you off to no extent would piss you off regardless of whether or not they smoked pot, drank alcohol or abstained from both.

Well I think it more depends on if they are already asses or not.

I used to be somewhat skeptical when it came to the actual effectivness of medical marijuana. About a month ago i was walking through the library and noticed a book about the medical uses of marijuana sitting among the new books collection, thought it looked interesting and decided to inform myself about it, I was quite surprised. Mind you this was a book written by a medical doctor and not a "pot head" which you "can't stand".

The author studied a compelling set of scientific tests which concluded that Marijuana was the best possible medicine for a number of serious medical conditions.

Multiple Sclerosis. In most cases, Marijuana was the best known medicine to combat muscle spasms, tremors, muscle pain, bladder function, and the restlessness associated with Multiple Sclerosis.

Glaucoma. The THC in Marijuana "could safely and effectively lower intraocular pressure more than a variety of drugs then on the market." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glaucoma#Treatment Basically Glaucoma is a disease in which your eye slowly asserts pressure to you're retina until you are completly blind. Although Marijuana doesnt cure Glaucoma, it does, however, drastically slow the process.

Nausa from Chemotherahpy. In many chemotherapy cases, Marijuana effectivly reduced the nausious effects (vomiting, disyness) of chemotherapy, and drastically increased the appetite among patients who lost serious amounts of weight as a result of the "loss of appetite" side effect of Chemotherapy.

HIV, or AIDs wasting. Marijuana has been proven to be a cheap, and effective medicine for the symptoms of AIDs wasting. Many patients, who have never been "pot heads" and who prefer the soothing effects of Marijuana to reduce nausua, vomiting, loss of appetite associated with AIDs wasting, have been arrested and sentenced to jail for buying/growing their own, rather than spend massive amounts of money, for alternative medicines.

Those are just the uses of medical marijuana I can remember from the book. There are others.

So, Lancer. Do you think those people are just "trying to be cool" and "look like abunch of a$$holes" becuase they smoke marijuana ?

Medicinal purposes are different. If you're just smoking it for no apparent reason then you're a loser in my eyes. Sorry.

Wow, that's pretty messed up if you ask me. Could you possibly throw a bigger stereotype into the mix?

To be honest, most people don't smoke because it "makes them look cool," they do it because they like the way it makes them FEEL, they enjoy mellowing out after a stressful day, or they might even do it to try to cut back on some of the pain they're experiencing.

So a person who is suffering from extreme pain (maybe from cancer, maybe from something like RSD) is an a$$hole because they are trying to actually get through the day? Lame.

Open your eyes a bit, bud. If you think smoking pot is bad, that's fine, but don't call those who do a$$holes just because it's not your cup of tea.

Like I just stated medicinal purposes are different. And theres other ways to make you "feel" good after a stressful day...trust me. Also the comment you made about someone smoking to relieve some pain they are experiencing...if its emotional pain then smoking pot isnt going to actually stop that pain...because once you come out of that "trance" the problem STILL persists(depending on the problem and if youve solved it or not.)

Edited by XxLancerHockeyPridexX

for once I can almost sorta agree with Lancer there.. ever try to go into a club or bar before the smoking ban... and now how they all hover in front of the front door?? It's a semi-universal arrogance in all smokers that it's their birthright to mess up everyone ELSE'S air by blowing that crap all over the place.... while yes you DO have the right to smoke and Farooq your OWN body... but you don't have the right to mess up the people around you...

so basically ... you don't have the right to exhale :P

Well I think it more depends on if they are already asses or not.

Medicinal purposes are different. If you're just smoking it for no apparent reason then you're a loser in my eyes. Sorry.

You're a moron. I'm sorry but that's the way I feel.

They DO have a reason to smoke it, they like the way its makes them feel. Abuse and use are different.

Do you feel the same way about people who like to get drunk occasionally?

for once I can almost sorta agree with Lancer there.. ever try to go into a club or bar before the smoking ban... and now how they all hover in front of the front door?? It's a semi-universal arrogance in all smokers that it's their birthright to mess up everyone ELSE'S air by blowing that crap all over the place.... while yes you DO have the right to smoke and Farooq your OWN body... but you don't have the right to mess up the people around you...

You're talking about cigarettes. No one here is calling for marijuana use to be allowed in public places.

how do you feel about people who drink or smoke cigarettes?

I'm fine with people not wanting to smoke or not liking it or what not, but the absolute cluelessness and stererotyping of this post is absurd. Not everyone who fires up a joint occasionally is a blithering idiot or stinky hippie with no aim in life. There's a big difference between a stoner and a occasional user or even someone who smokes a joint after work every day, same as theres a difference between an alcoholic and someone who goes to the bar once or twice a week or has a drink every night after work.

The point is, marijuana ABUSE is bad, same as alcohol abuse, painkiller abuse, etc is bad. There's a difference between abuse and use. Hell, you can abuse McDonalds and Id say a Big Mac a day is a lot worse in the long run than a joint a day.

Well my mom and sister smoke cigs and I drink so... I dont really care. I dont abuse alcohol...I dont drink it all the time. To me marijuana is just...stupid. Sorry but it is.

And theres other ways to make you "feel" good after a stressful day...trust me..)

Coming from someone who claims to never have smoked, this is another ignorant and myopic statement. Different strokes for different folks. People like the feeling of getting high over other things, and if they're doing it in ways that harms no one else and they're able to function and be contributing members to society, whats the harm?

Again, there's a major difference between use and abuse.

You're a moron. I'm sorry but that's the way I feel.

They DO have a reason to smoke it, they like the way its makes them feel. Abuse and use are different.

Do you feel the same way about people who like to get drunk occasionally?

You're talking about cigarettes. No one here is calling for marijuana use to be allowed in public places.

I'm a moron because I dont like drugs? Oh wow thats a low blow. Get over yourself, seriously. And they don't always have a reason to smoke it. Medicinal purposes, whatever. Abusing it, you're a fvcking moron. Using it, have fun killing your brain cells because you "feel" good doing it.

Driving is considered to be a luxury and not a "freedom", should we sacrifice that because it could "save the lives of my fellow man who I may or may never meet" ?

My point is, you should never surrender a freedom or "luxury" as you call it, because it *could* save lives. Would you surrender your privacy rights, if it prevented terrorist attacks, or your second amendment right, so that no one would die from firearms?

look what your trying to open :rolleyes:

Edited by Guest

Coming from someone who claims to never have smoked, this is another ignorant and myopic statement. Different strokes for different folks. People like the feeling of getting high over other things, and if they're doing it in ways that harms no one else and they're able to function and be contributing members to society, whats the harm?

Again, there's a major difference between use and abuse.

Coming from someone who doesn't smoke? Yeah...your fvckin point? My sisters boyfriend does drugs and I've seen whats it done to people.. so I dont agree with it.

Well my mom and sister smoke cigs and I drink so... I dont really care. I dont abuse alcohol...I dont drink it all the time. To be marijuana is just...stupid. Sorry but it is.

So why do you drink? Do you like being drunk or getting the buzz?

Its the same reason why people like to smoke marijuana. And since you've never smoked, you wouldnt know how it feels. You're buying into the stigma that this country has attached to it with no first hand knowledge other than being around a couple of stoners.

I smoke cigerettes, and I agree. I respect the right of people not to have it blown in their face, and go outside to smoke when around those who don't

Recreational marijuana smokers are losers Lancer? What about recreational drinkers?

So for those are are so against the legalization of marijuana...I guess it is ok to glorify alcohol through advertisements, movies, TV Shows etc..drinking and getting loaded is AWESOME YEAH!! (Hey, I had my moments drinking, but follow me on this one) .and think of the amount of people that have been hurt by the use of alcohol...through DWI accidents, domestic violence, cancers, alcohol poisoning etc...how many people have ever overdosed from using marijuana??

Bottom line: I smoked a few times long in the past...I will never do it again...but just understand if there were not pill pushers companies everywhere in the USA for the government to make big $ off of, I bet marijuana would be legalized...

So why do you drink? Do you like being drunk or getting the buzz?

Its the same reason why people like to smoke marijuana. And since you've never smoked, you wouldnt know how it feels. You're buying into the stigma that this country has attached to it with no first hand knowledge other than being around a couple of stoners.

Actually I socially drink. I don't really get drunk. You make a good point, I'll give you that. But you still had no right calling me a moron.

And I think that everyone is gonna try and get me on the drinking crap but I'm sorry I dont think you can compare alcohol to drugs..

Coming from someone who doesn't smoke? Yeah...your fvckin point? My sisters boyfriend does drugs and I've seen whats it done to people.. so I dont agree with it.

The point is EVERYTHING you've tried to use as a point can be countered completely. You've seen people ABUSE drugs. You've not been around people who smoke marijuana regularly that are contributing members to society and able to function. You yourself have never smoked, and thats fine but to stereotype EVERYONE that does based on encounters with abusers is ignorant. Have you been around alcoholics? Yet you still drink. The only difference between the two is legality.

You say you drink, Id rather smoke a joint than drink. I smoke because it feels good and its a good social drug. Hmmm sounds a lot like alcohol, and at the least marijuana's medicinal properties are there. There's NONE with alcohol and alcohol is also a drug.

Actually I socially drink. I don't really get drunk. You make a good point, I'll give you that. But you still had no right calling me a moron.

I had every right to call you a moron the moment you stereotyped everyone who smokes it.

I'm a moron because I dont like drugs? Oh wow thats a low blow. Get over yourself, seriously. And they don't always have a reason to smoke it. Medicinal purposes, whatever. Abusing it, you're a fvcking moron. Using it, have fun killing your brain cells because you "feel" good doing it.
Edited by ghdi

Edited by Eltab213

I'd like to chime in this argument. I'm no "expert" on the subject as I would never smoke, I occasionally have a beer, (very rarely) but, gotta love the double standard that people have with Alcohol, and Cigarettes as opposed to Marijuana. I would NEVER smoke Marijuana, but there should'nt be a double Standard when Marijuana doesn't really kill people like Cigarettes and Alcohol does.

I also can't stand people in general that think EVERYONE that smokes Marijuana are all losers. Every person is different. I bet these people think that they all share the same views too just because they all smoke joints.

You could make the argument for someone getting loaded is a loser too. So why the double standard?

Just saying.

Edited by 94Obsession

Nice to see you've been brainwashed by the establishment. Get a clue.

And I think that everyone is gonna try and get me on the drinking crap but I'm sorry I dont think you can compare alcohol to drugs..

Edited by MadDog2020

How is that agreeing with Lancer?

Semi off-topic: Does marijuana smoke bother you as much as cigarette smoke? Cigarette smoke makes me nauseous, but marijuana smoke is merely unpleasant. Back when I was in my apartment, the guy below me would smoke a reefer every night and I had to shut my windows... but that's as bad as I've been annoyed by it. But I'm extremely happy that my workplace has designated certain exits as smoking exits and others as non smoking exits because before that I dreaded entering or leaving the building because it made me sick.

Nice to see you've been brainwashed by the establishment. Get a clue.

It is a universal arrognace. If you don't want to inhale my smoke, get the fvck away from me. I'm sick of the whining from non-smokers.

Edited by 94Obsession

Haha anti marijuana commercials are funny.

Remember this one

Two kids in a den, taking bong rips, they find a gun in a drawer, kid gets shot the end. Hmmm, whats wrong w/ this? The kid got shot because they were stoned or because there was an unlocked gun in a desk drawer?

Another good one is where they try to say that marijuana is worse than cigarettes by saying that 1 joint equals 2 cigarettes lol, yea but I dont need a joint every half hour to curb a non-existant addiction lol.

Edited by ghdi