578 replies to this topic

#21 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 01:21 PM

I've seen them live a bunch of times, they do put on a great show. They are very spontaneous and never did the same show the bunch of times I've seen them.

I had never even heard of them until my girlfriend introduced them to me. They're pretty damn fun. Saw them in NYC around New Years ... great live show (although it was kinda short).

As a sidenote, the lead singer also plays the lead role in the movie Everything Is Illuminated, and it's my own personal theory that that's where Sacha Baron Cohen got his idea for the Borat character.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#22 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 01:56 PM

My friend somehow convinced a bunch of us to go to Weird Al at PNC. Should be fun (or it better be for $60:P)

Weird Al is the most fun you'll have in 2 1/2 hours. He pretty much puts on the most entertaining show you'll ever see. I'm seeing him twice on this tour.

Also: Primus and Gogol Bordello at the Williamsburg Waterfront

Les Claypool in Montclair

Rush at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, followed at midnight by an evening with Primus at the Hard Rock

Southern Culture on The Skids at Maxwell's this Saturday

Kevin Smith on his 40th birthday in Red Bank

and hopefully Conan at Radio City.

I'd like to see Faith No More as well but don't think it's gonna happen.
gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#23 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,038 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 03:38 PM

I've never been there yet. But I am going to see Faith No More there July 2

I also hope to see Iron Maiden at PNC July 11. I'm just waiting to see if PNC offers any discount days like it did last summer.

And then hopefully, I'll go see Roger Waters perform The Wall at Izod in November.

Also, I have tix to see Jim Gaffigan at the Nokia Theater in December. ... Bacon.

Its fairly new, isn't it? RXP has been pimping it a lot as the cool new place to see a concert. They're sponsoring Silversun Pickups, Weezer, and one other band (I'm forgetting who) there.

Weird Al is the most fun you'll have in 2 1/2 hours. He pretty much puts on the most entertaining show you'll ever see. I'm seeing him twice on this tour.

Good to hear. I've always loved Weird Al, but I was unsure if seeing him was worth the money. Now that I hear that it is, I'm looking forward to it.

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#24 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 03:54 PM

Probably going to:
Great American Food & Music Festival - June 13th - New Meadowlands Stadium (...soihadto... [Duff from Ace of Cake's band])
Bamboozle Roadshow - June 24th - Six Flags Great Adventure (lots of sh!tty bands, and Third Eye Blind)

My Brothers band was supposed to play that but the guy that was going to get them on the show waited too long to put them on the list and now they arent going to play it.
25smul5.png

#25 cupcake23

cupcake23

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 05:00 PM

the juliana theory is doing a set of reunion shows later this summer and i'm dying to go. they're going to be playing emotion is dead in its entirety. that just sounds too awesome.

JULIANA THEORY?!?! Let me know when this happens. I absolutely LOVE Emotion is Dead. One of my favorite albums of all time.

Something Corporate is supposed to tour for the 10 year, so I'm going to every show around here I can.

I am seeing Lady Gaga at the Garden though. I had to give up my Backstreet Boys tickets unfortunetly. :( I'd like to see Weezer as well because they were awesome last year at PNC.

Andrew wants to see DMB, but eh... I don't believe we have the funds for that one and it's out in CitiField so it makes it a little hard to get to unless we stay with my uncle in Middle Village.

Official keeper of: Kevin Clark, Dr. Murray Seltzer,
The Arena Lounge (outside on Greene and Mullberry), and David Clarkson's lisp.

#26 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,886 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 05:11 PM

I'll totally be seeing Lady Gaga as part of Lollapalooza. And yes, I actually want to see the show. Actually, of our little group going, I might be the only one who wants to see it.

Gogol Bordello is STELLAR live, SO much fun to see. Eugene Hutz is such a great personality. And yeah, as DIG said, he was in Everything Is Illuminated (an AWESOME movie based on an AWESOME book).

I would love for Third Eye Blind to play the UC Music Fest again. I just saw them about a month ago in Montclair, and will be seeing them at Six Flags most likely, still a great live band. I also contend that UC Music Fest would be a perfect show for Eve 6 to play, they fit in perfectly with the Third Eye Blind/Gin Blossoms/Tonic bookings from last year. Let me know if you hear any more on that.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#27 cupcake23

cupcake23

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 05:17 PM

I can't wait to see what Lady Gaga is like. I'm sure it's freaking crazy and I like her music so... It's an excuse to get dressed up and dance. hahahaa

Speaking getting dressed up and dancing, what the hell is with World/Inferno? I haven't heard anything from them. They were playing out in Brooklyn like every day for a while and dropped off. I still wanna dress up, throw some confetti and dance around in the pit for them. :( I loveeee their stuff.

Oh and the Boucing Souls on the boat.... I need to check into that. Hmm.

I hope they have the UC Fest again. That was fun minus the rain and the load of cars on the streets, but Third Eye Blind was awesome. If there are decent bands, I think we can have people over, BBQ a little and then walk over.

#28 cupcake23

cupcake23

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 05:21 PM

Good Charlotte and Simple Plan are playing that Bamboozle Road Show as well at Six Flags.... HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHA Ugh, bringing back my youth. Awesomeee.

Anyone hear anything about Skate and Surf either? I heard it's coming back this year. http://www.skateandsurffest.com/ There's a webpage, but nothing to say what it is. UGH I love Skate and Surf, we had such a great time in 2004. :(

#29 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,886 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 05:46 PM

I can't wait to see what Lady Gaga is like. I'm sure it's freaking crazy and I like her music so... It's an excuse to get dressed up and dance. hahahaa

Speaking getting dressed up and dancing, what the hell is with World/Inferno? I haven't heard anything from them. They were playing out in Brooklyn like every day for a while and dropped off. I still wanna dress up, throw some confetti and dance around in the pit for them. :( I loveeee their stuff.

Oh and the Boucing Souls on the boat.... I need to check into that. Hmm.

I hope they have the UC Fest again. That was fun minus the rain and the load of cars on the streets, but Third Eye Blind was awesome. If there are decent bands, I think we can have people over, BBQ a little and then walk over.

Yeah, the blog that mentioned the Bouncing Souls Rocks Off cruise show seems to be backing away from it now, so maybe it's not actually happening. I would love for it to happen, just on a weekend (or before September).

Yeah there's literally NO ONE on that Third Eye Blind show that I wanna see besides 3EB. I'm sure Amanda will want to see some of Good Charlotte though. I gotta order those tickets today or tomorrow for sure, it's her graduation gift, she doesn't know it yet, and graduation was this morning. Yeah, I'm not so good at planning things lately.

And yeah, they've been doing UC Music Fest for a few years now (though I think it was the first or second time doing it in Clark last year). It seems to get better and better each year, so I'm hoping for a good lineup. And if there is a good group of bands and you guys do decide to BBQ beforehand, I'll be sure not to work at the fest. :lol:

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.

#30 Cachorro Louco

Cachorro Louco

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 12:55 AM

As the rumor All Points West is Dead this year...

I really would like to see Pearl Jam at The Rock, but there's is no GA so Probably I would not put down $400 to seat at concert, I don't like to seat at concert at all

Posted Image

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose."

Ayrton Senna da Siva

#31 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,886 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 01:56 PM

As the rumor All Points West is Dead this year...

I really would like to see Pearl Jam at The Rock, but there's is no GA so Probably I would not put down $400 to seat at concert, I don't like to seat at concert at all

Yeah I'm disapointed there's gonna be no All Points West this year, as it usually falls on my birthday weekend and so far the only show scheduled for my birthday is Lillith Fair. :/

#32 pattyelias

pattyelias

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 02:10 PM

I had never even heard of them until my girlfriend introduced them to me. They're pretty damn fun. Saw them in NYC around New Years ... great live show (although it was kinda short).

As a sidenote, the lead singer also plays the lead role in the movie Everything Is Illuminated, and it's my own personal theory that that's where Sacha Baron Cohen got his idea for the Borat character.

Everything is Illuminated was published in 2002, 2 years after Borat made his debut on the Ali G Show in the UK.

#33 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,179 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 02:21 PM

Iron Maiden MSG
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#34 pattyelias

pattyelias

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 02:44 PM

Iron Maiden MSG

I think my wife is getting me tickets to that show for our 1st Anniversary. Nothing says romance like a Maiden show.

#35 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 02:50 PM

Everything is Illuminated was published in 2002, 2 years after Borat made his debut on the Ali G Show in the UK.

Ah, OK. It said 2004 on my DVDs of Da Ali G Show, so that threw me off.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#36 Microwavepizza

Microwavepizza

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 01:23 PM

saw Weezer in Atlantic City (Borgata) a few weeks ago, what a great show, they are one excellent band live.

The opening band MeWithoutYou were just awful. very annoying and whiney... the music had potential but they executed it terribly

A sweet mix of the new and old stuff, and they had a touring drummer who i found out is one of my favorites (Josh Freese from A Perfect Circle, The Vandals, etc)

I want to go see Weird Al in june as well as 311/Offspring.

I heard that Soundgarden was doing a tour... if they do a show around here, im in
POTATO!!!

#37 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,314 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 02:36 AM

DMB Citi Field, and a few Jack Johnson shows....September 13th Jay-Z and Eminem are doing a Yankee Stadium show, going to be legendary...

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#38 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,179 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 04:44 PM

I think my wife is getting me tickets to that show for our 1st Anniversary. Nothing says romance like a Maiden show.

THAT is a sincere sign of affection, as I suspect this is something she would NOT be very interested in.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#39 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,886 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 04:55 PM

Reminds me of Teenage Dirtbag by Wheatus. :cheers:

#40 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,886 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:01 PM

i also really want to go to the jukebox the ghost show in late may but i'm pretty sure it's on my mother's birthday so that probably won't happen. lastone, i'm almost positive they're playing lolla this year. you need to check them out. they're SO good.

Man, I am so far behind on this thread, I keep missing stuff. Yeah, Jukebox the Ghost is on Lolla, and I've already downloaded a few songs by 'em and love it. Very Ben Folds-y.

Of the bands that I knew NOTHING about before they announced Lollapalooza, I'm really digging Jukebox the Ghost, B.o.B., Foxy Shazam, The Soft Pack, Freelance Whales, Blitzen Trapper, Wild Beasts, and Semi Precious Weapons. And I'm only through about half of the artists on there that I don't know yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users