Concerts

Devils Dose

I stopped going in 2005 when I passed out from heat stroke and was helped by Pete Wentz of Fall Out Boy.... that was a weird afternooon. They just don't make em like they used to and most of the bands are complete garbage and not worth the money.

I still wanna know if Skate and Surf is for real this year. http://www.skateandsurffest.com/ still not an actual site and says that it's coming this year. It would be nice to know if it's real, because I'm breaking out the 04 sweatshirt and going. lol

Yeah, the main reason I went is because a few friends were going and the tickets were very cheap early on ($20 for a holographic collectible ticket and the Warped compilation). I hadn't been to one since '06, I think, before yesterday.

Reel Big Fish and Andrew WK were by far the highlights of the day, and finding that random Irish punk band was fun for me, but it's probably my last Warped unless I can get a similar very cheap deal and someone I'm really into is playing.

I would love to do Skate & Surf if just for the nostalgia. Didn't it used to be in like, April? Or maybe they'll have it in the fall to avoid conflicting with Bamboozle? :noclue:

Next on the docket is Flaming Lips next Tuesday. Can't wait for that one, should be batsh!t insane.

I was this close to going to Monmouth Park and fighting through the Warped Tour crowd to bet on the ponies on Sunday. Around 10:30 a.m., my friends and I just sorta looked at each other and said, "This is a pretty bad idea." We just chilled in my buddy's back yard, swam in his pool and drank frozen cocktails all day long. WAY better move :D

And the last Warped Tour I went to was ... um ... 2002? Maybe earlier. I think it was the year Green Day headlined. Some good memories going to those festivals, most notably discovering The Living End in '98. But, yeah, too much sun and I'm too old for that anymore anyway.

I was this close to going to Monmouth Park and fighting through the Warped Tour crowd to bet on the ponies on Sunday. Around 10:30 a.m., my friends and I just sorta looked at each other and said, "This is a pretty bad idea." We just chilled in my buddy's back yard, swam in his pool and drank frozen cocktails all day long. WAY better move :D

DEFINITELY a better idea. Traffic, from what I'm told, was insane by 11 AM.

The mighty LIGHTNING BOLT tomorrow for free in Brooklyn, first time seeing them since the first album came out. That was a LONG time ago now that I think of it.

Later that night UNIVERSAL ORDER OF ARMAGEDDON one of the best hardcore bands of the 90s are playing what looks like a one off show. UOA and Hammerhead reunions in the span of a few months? That must mean my generations music is finally irrelevant enough to cash in on a new group of kids.

have the American Carnage Tour (Slayer/Megadeth/Testament) coming up @ IZOD on Aug 12th \m/

Substitute Anthrax for Testament and I'll be seeing them in Scranton, Pa., in October.

Also might see Overkill in Sayreville in September.

Off to see Cancer Bats in october, Then some huge tour with Parkway Drive and Bleeding Through and comeback kid and a few other bands, and the DevilDriver and 36 Crazy Fists co headline as well in November.

Should be Awesome!!!

All the festivals over here were awfull this year.

Off to see Cancer Bats in october, Then some huge tour with Parkway Drive and Bleeding Through and comeback kid and a few other bands, and the DevilDriver and 36 Crazy Fists co headline as well in November.

Should be Awesome!!!

All the festivals over here were awfull this year.

Cancer Bats do a spectacular cover of Agenda Suicide by The Faint. Don't know anything else by them, just felt the need to mention that. :lol:

Clutch, October 8 at Convention Hall in Asbury.

That's an unusually large venue for them, but I guess they learned that an overstuffed Starland is no fun. Thank God.

The only other show I've ever seen at Convention Hall was Green Day with The Living End. Friggin awesome show. Looking forward to this one as well.

Clutch, October 8 at Convention Hall in Asbury.

That's an unusually large venue for them, but I guess they learned that an overstuffed Starland is no fun. Thank God.

The only other show I've ever seen at Convention Hall was Green Day with The Living End. Friggin awesome show. Looking forward to this one as well.

I would love to see The Living End sometime, they seem like they'd be fun as hell in a live setting.

Next up for me is Spiritualized at Radio City Music Hall (second show that I won tickets for, first being Flaming Lips). I know very little about the band, but they're playing their first album beginning to end with a full orchestra and choir, so it should be interesting.

Then it's Lollapalooza next week. Then my summer concert schedule pretty much comes to a close.

(Oh, and it probably doesn't count as a concert per se, but now I'm apparently seeing Kevin Smith in Red Bank on Monday too.)

If anyone's interested, they're doing a $10 ticket sale at Live Nation today for PNC Arts Center (and Jones Beach)...good number of shows on the list, I just bought a pair for Stone Temple Pilots for $20 total (no fees or anything - amazing, really!).

Just thought some of y'all might like to know.

Concert list

Doesn't look like everything on the list is part of the deal (Green Day and Rush both appear to not count), but a good chunk should be part of it.

Much like last, I wsas also at Terminal 5 this week to see the Smashing Pumpkins and while the show was pretty good, Terminal 5 is a miserable venue! Over packed, no chance of seeing anything unless you brave the pit and chock full of Spin and AMEX ads and commercials...yes, an AMEX commerical before Kill Hannah and a SPIN commercial before the Pumpkins. While I know that's more the promoter than the venue, Terminal 5 is still not a good place to see a show, especially compared to the Bowery Ballroom or even the Wellmont in Montclair. Add to the fact it's 50 miles from a bleedin' subway, and you have a whole heaping of fail. Just needed to vent!

If anyone's interested, they're doing a $10 ticket sale at Live Nation today for PNC Arts Center (and Jones Beach)...good number of shows on the list, I just bought a pair for Stone Temple Pilots for $20 total (no fees or anything - amazing, really!).

Dammit, Dammit! Now I really wish I could go to see STP there, but I'm tied up already that night. Shoot!

Much like last, I wsas also at Terminal 5 this week to see the Smashing Pumpkins and while the show was pretty good, Terminal 5 is a miserable venue! Over packed, no chance of seeing anything unless you brave the pit and chock full of Spin and AMEX ads and commercials...yes, an AMEX commerical before Kill Hannah and a SPIN commercial before the Pumpkins. While I know that's more the promoter than the venue, Terminal 5 is still not a good place to see a show, especially compared to the Bowery Ballroom or even the Wellmont in Montclair. Add to the fact it's 50 miles from a bleedin' subway, and you have a whole heaping of fail. Just needed to vent!

The Spin/Amex ads aren't the norm, that's for the Spin 25th anniversary thing that these concerts are a part of.

Beyond that, I'm with ya. I don't hate Terminal 5, but the location is awful. Also, I don't know if they do this every show, but last night they were funneling everybody out through one exit, past the merch both. It was extremely hot and uncomfortable, and probably dangerous, too.

Terminal 5 is a sh!thole, terrible sound and a$$hole bouncers.

I'd rather see a show at Slient Barn any day

pissed_jeans-500x375.jpg

I saw The Specials at Terminal 5 a few months ago and I agree, its a crappy place to see a show. The only problem is they seem to have a lot of better artists playing there.

I was at that gig as well, the band totally killed it and it was great to hear those songs after having them in my head for like 25 years, but I still hate Terminal 5.

I saw the Stooges there in 2008 before Ron Asheton passed and it was one of the greatest things I've ever seen, so at least the sh!tty venue doesn't take away from the acts playing.

Speaking of The Specials, they are also playing Summer Stage in Central Park on August 22nd. Going to do my best to get there but I have a game at 3:30....curses...

By the way, has anybody been to the Knitting Factory since they moved to Brooklyn? Used to go to the old downtown location for the 3 floors of Ska shows they do on occasion, but haven't had a chance to get over there yet.

I was at that gig as well, the band totally killed it and it was great to hear those songs after having them in my head for like 25 years, but I still hate Terminal 5.

I saw the Stooges there in 2008 before Ron Asheton passed and it was one of the greatest things I've ever seen, so at least the sh!tty venue doesn't take away from the acts playing.

The Specials are fantastic that night. As long as the acts are compelling the night will be great in spite of the venue.