2010-2011 NEW JERSEY NETS Thread

nyrsuck26

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was one of the most exciting basketball games I've watched. I have a stream up of the World Series' Game 1 but I'd be lying to you if I told you I have been paying any attention to it the past few hours.

3 players that really stuck out to me: Devin Harris, who looked like the Harris of old (2008), Brook Lopez, who was a monster in the 2nd half, and Terrence Williams, though he almost made me pull my hair out with those 2 missed free throws at the end, was great off the bench and had a team-leading +14 rating.

Also, Morrow is a beast with 3 pointers. Its so awesome to have a legit weapon to go to in need of a big shot. A lot of other players played well too, like Favors and Farmar (who really got the team back into with that 3 late in the game).

On the negative side, Travis Outlaw was pretty bad.

I don't know how much to put into it, but this projection system actually likes the Nets' odds of having a great bounce back season and even making the playoffs: http://www.basketballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=1219

Edited by nmigliore

Lopez already has 19 points and Outlaw is playing much better tonight. I'd like to see Morrow get a little more involved in the offense though; hes a strong shooter, especially from 3-point territory. That was a really poor finish to the half though. Williams is infuriating with the turnovers.

The Nets just keep shooting themselves in the foot; 20 turnovers, a quarter of which have come from Williams who has barely played, and we're not even through the 3rd quarter yet.

Make it 21 turnovers, and now the Kings have the lead heading into the 4th. Ugh.

Edited by nmigliore

DEVIN FREAKIN' HARRIS.

Wow.

I'll give some credit to Farmar too. He hit another ballsy 3-pointer when the Nets looked out of it, just like the other night. And now he hits a couple of clutch free throws. Very nice.

Edited by nmigliore

Wow, what an impressive run to end the game and come from behind to get their 2nd win! It seemed that after that hot start, the Kings were just going to take this game after going on that run at the end of the first half. I was shocked they were able to overcome all of their turnovers to steal this game.

Useless fact: The Nets have just as many wins as the Devils and more wins at The Rock than the Devils this year.

Another useless fact: It took the Nets till December 8th last year to get their 2nd win of the season.

Edited by thefiestygoat

The Nets could have coasted through that game if they didn't turn the ball over so much. You just can't turn over the ball that many times and expect to win, thank God for that dominant 1st quarter and for Farmar and Harris stealing the game late.

Outlaw played a lot better tonight and Lopez was a beast (cut down on the turnovers though). Morrow was really quiet, but Williams had to be the worst player on the court. Glad Avery Johnson realized that and stuck with Farmar at the end.

The other forward position is a bit of a revolving door right now with Favors, Smith, and Humphries, and while Favors has played pretty well so far, getting Troy Murphy back will help a lot in shoring up that position.

Edited by nmigliore

I don't know how much to put into it, but this projection system actually likes the Nets' odds of having a great bounce back season and even making the playoffs: http://www.basketballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=1219

I don't know how those projection systems work but that is so off it is ridiculous. New York, Cleveland and the Nets making the playoffs with the Knicks 4th? Boston 5th? Atlanta 9th? The defending Champion Lakers 8th? Golden State 4th? The order of both conferences is so random that you would think someone picked them by pulling team names out of a hat.

The Nets are certainly improved, and aren't going to be a complete joke anymore, but they are still not coming close to the playoffs. Still fun to see competitive ball against other lottery teams.

I don't know how those projection systems work but that is so off it is ridiculous. New York, Cleveland and the Nets making the playoffs with the Knicks 4th? Boston 5th? Atlanta 9th? The defending Champion Lakers 8th? Golden State 4th? The order of both conferences is so random that you would think someone picked them by pulling team names out of a hat.

The Nets are certainly improved, and aren't going to be a complete joke anymore, but they are still not coming close to the playoffs. Still fun to see competitive ball against other lottery teams.

To say they are "still not coming close to the playoffs" shows that you do not know much about NBA basketball. Especially playing in the Eastern Conference; I believe the Nets will make it. If they don't, they will be in the hunt late in the season for sure.

To say they are "still not coming close to the playoffs" shows that you do not know much about NBA basketball. Especially playing in the Eastern Conference; I believe the Nets will make it. If they don't, they will be in the hunt late in the season for sure.

I'd like to think I know a lot about the NBA. The East definitely isn't very strong after the top 5 or 6 so anything is possible, but my opinion stands that the Nets won't be in the playoffs and it won't be very close at the end of the year. I wish them well though.

Edited by devilsrule33