2012 Jets Thread

Beezer34

There is a chance...small chance that Rex is fired if the team tailspins to 4-12 or something...still all everybody has heard is how much Woody loves him. But I do remember those rumors of cowher when we were 4-6 in 2009. Supposedly Johnson was intrigued.

Cowherd is not going to destroy his reputation by coming to a Woody Johnson run team. He is more likely going to Carolina where Richard won't chase headlines rather than putting a good product on the field.

Cowher was the one making overtures to Johnson in 2009

..you can forget either Tuna or Cowher coming in here as GM. You can also cross Bill Polian off that list too. The Jets will likely promote someone from within rather than a proven character.. because *A. It's more cost efficient. -and *B. They're going to be looking for someone who'll just be a figure head imo.

Typically an established GM gets to pick his own head coach. That's not happening here. Woody is head over heels ga-ga for Rex, and even if the Jets finish 3-13, Ryan has immunity. He has major influence on who the Jets are as a team. They have adapted his personality, and Johnson loves ever bit of it. I actually think that Woody will give Rex greater say on roster moves more than ever after this season. Perhaps Executive of Talent Operations or something like that. From everything I've heard\read, Tannenbaum had 100% câblage. Rex had input, but Mike T. had the final say.

Tanny is gone.. the rest will remain.

Francesa used to be more tuned in with the Jets cause of his relationship with 'Mistah T' (Tanny) but after he destroyed them towards the end of that first season with Rex that's when he started getting blackballed.

Francesca is an unlistenable moron now...he can barely put a sentence together without saying "I mean" almost every other phrase, he gets things wrong constantly (Phil Mushnick of the New York Post may be a bit of a tool himself, but he calls out Francesca on his bullsh!t almost daily), and the only way Fat fvck knows how to fill up air time is to repeat himself over and over again once he makes some kind of point. He also sounds a lot like Butt-Head with his constands "uuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhs" as he struggles to form complete sentences. He's not a great interviewer either...he often tramples over his subject's answers. I'm actually at a loss as to why he's even relevant at this point...he is not at all good at what he does compared to many of his contemporaries. I can't past 15 or so minutes of him before I get completely annoyed.

Anyway, the point of all of this is that I don't think he's nearly as dialed in with the local teams as he'd like to believe.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

OMG the Tebow magic is making the Jets implode. Most people knew that the Tebow acquisition was not a football move to make the team better, but to sell Jersey's and PSL;s. But I think the Jet Players are pissed because it has cost them their season.

NY Jet teammates rip backup Tim Tebow, believe 'terrible' quarterback hasn't improved

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/tebow-terrible-jets-mates-rip-qb-article-1.1201722

OMG the Tebow magic is making the Jets implode. Most people knew that the Tebow acquisition was not a football move to make the team better, but to sell Jersey's and PSL;s. But I think the Jet Players are pissed because it has cost them their season.

NY Jet teammates rip backup Tim Tebow, believe 'terrible' quarterback hasn't improved

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1201722

I think Tebow sucks and is getting way too much mileage out of one of the luckiest runs in NFL history, but he hasn't cost the Jets their football season...he's not on the field enough. And yeah, he's been a distraction for sure, and not in a good way. But the Jets' (read: Tannenbaum's) inability to provide Sanchez with any real offensive weapons has hurt the Jets more than anything else. And losing Revis is a killer...his presence likely would've kept the Jets in more games.

The anonymous Tebow bashing speaks more about the players doing the talking than Tebow. If they were all doing their jobs, Tebow would be an afterthought. He's been on the field, for what, 50 plays the entire season. Yeah, it's really his fault that they got blown out by the Dolphins and Niners, among their various other embarasments this year. If only Tebow were getting less time in practice could Sanchez complete a few more passes. Give me a break.

Functional franchises do not shift the blame for losses to players who aren't playing. If, say, Tebow were to go to the Patriots, they would either find a use for him or he would sit and/or be cut. In the meantime, they'll keep winning.

I think it's more a function about constantly having to be on the defensive over why Tebow isn't playing. There wouldn't be half the focus on the QB there is if Drew Stanton was the backup though ironically the Jets might have had a quicker hook of Sanchez then.

Actually, Sanchez and the entire offense could have benefitted more by not having the Tebow distration.. The offseason could have focused more on working full time with rookie WR's with route running and building chemistry. Instead they wasted alot of valuable time in the offseason to work on 'gimmick' plays and trying to mold Tebow an NFL quarterback. There is a lot of collateral damage from the Tebow acquisition.

They obviously didn't work on gimmick plays enough for it to matter either way since Tebow is only on the field five plays a game on offense. And they're so disorganized when they do have him out there they wind up wasting timeouts.

This was the "big thing" at camp, "how the Wildcat and Tebow would befuddle opponents". LOL.

Good win

Sanchez played well. Despite the usual drop from Stephen Hill(and not even looking back to see a catcheable ball on a long bomb) But what's important is that he wasn't his own worst enemy. No fumbles, no picks (no throws that looked to be even close to picks). Just ran the offense very efficiently.

Terrific job by the D, 3 turnovers and they forced each and every one. Pressure on Bradford. The Rams had some decent runs from Jackson but nothing realy backbreaking.

Mo Wilkerson was causing havoc on the D-Line all day.

The special teams is worrisome. Again Kerley muffed one. A ridiculous fake on a punt that the rams were ready for. A runback that was called back. Westhoff has to shore things up here.

In the AFC, as long as you can stay away from 8 losses, you've got a shot. Big win for the Jets, but man the Rams' O is impotent. Even the Pats held them to 7 points.