1787 replies to this topic

#1761 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,406 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:54 AM

No shot for McElroy today. I mean could the O-Line at least TRY to block someone. They never flat out quit blocking like this for Sanchez...though they did have some stinkers...but this was like they tried to get him hurt. Just horrific.

Well if that was their game, they succeeded, McElroy is now OUT Sunday with a likely concussion, Sanchez to start. Oh well, at least I don't have to watch.

I'm no Tebow fan but if I'm him I ask for my release NOW.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#1762 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,107 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:01 PM

Again Manta's judgement is clouded by his blind hatred of the Jets (maybe Al Toon took his lunch money) but in a capped league you can't "go for it" every year. The Jets did in 08, 09, and 10. That left them with little flexibility in 11 and 12...and it shows, as their record pretty much matches their talent level...in manta's backwards world however the Jets are still 1-15 and kotite is coaching the club, when in fact they've been one of the better run NFL franchises since 1997

Sanchez's issues go beyond the talent around him. When you don't see Bilal Powell open for an easy 15 yards against the Titans and throw it into triple coverage. When you run into the rear end of Brandon Moore and fumble, when you fire laser beams through the hands of the check-down who has 10 yards of open space in front of him instead of gently lobbing it in their...that's YOU, not the talent around you.

I'm not sure Sanchez is salvageable. He doesn't seem to read defenses. He gets baited by the other teams safety all the time.

They'll likely give him another year, with real competition. Make him win the job
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#1763 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,107 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:27 PM

Well if that was their game, they succeeded, McElroy is now OUT Sunday with a likely concussion, Sanchez to start. Oh well, at least I don't have to watch.

I'm no Tebow fan but if I'm him I ask for my release NOW.

he's a goner though, why have a guy start when everybody knows he's not going to be here next year and has no future with the team. Sanchez likely will be here, so he should start.

I would even deactivate Tebow and send him home. Have Kerley serve as the backup QB in an emergency

Edited by '7', 27 December 2012 - 12:34 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#1764 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,504 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:57 PM

Can't make this stuff up.

Agree with '7', might as well let Tebow go, clearly it's over and there's no reason for him to be there.

And one game isn't going to make much difference, but Sanchez will probably be the starter next season. Even if the game is meaningless, Jet fans can at least hope Sanchez has a strong game going into the offseason. He can't bottom out any further.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 27 December 2012 - 01:26 PM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#1765 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,425 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:01 PM

Projection much? The only blind individual seems to be you, who just can't see to judge your own team objectively.

Sanchez has been traumaticized and its indemic of the Jets whole offense which can't block, run the ball or defend against the blitz on the standard third and long that the Jets lack of cooridination puts them in.

I don't hate the Jets, but just making observations that the problems with your team run much, much deeper than you care to acknowledge.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#1766 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,425 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:03 PM

Can't make this stuff up.

Agree with '7', might as well let Tebow go, clearly it's over and there's no reason for him to be there.

And one game isn't going to make much difference, but Sanchez will probably be starter next season. Even if the game is meaningless, Jet fans can at least hope Sanchez has a strong game going into the offseason. He can't bottom out any further.

The Jets at least have to save some face and maybe get a 6th or 7th round draft pick in return for the rights to Tebow. Although anyway you slice this Denver looks like a genius organization for getting rid of him at his highest level of return.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#1767 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,504 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:23 PM

It's comical how everyone has just forgotten Sanchez's first 2 years.. and even what he did last year with a very raw untalented team. Put any QB in the league on the Jets this season, other than Brady, Peyton, & Rodgers, and they wouldn't have won more than 8 games. Sanchez has proved what he's capable of with a halfway decent talented team. You don't bluff your way into the NFL when you're a QB. You don't just luck into 2 back-to-back Final Fours, or win 26 games of your first 39 starts by accident. You don't account for 33 touchdowns (passing & rushing) in 1 season off fluke. I'm so serious when I say I want Sanchez off the Jets because this organization isn't GOOD ENOUGH for Sanchez! Let him go to a team that will actually support him. Let him start in Arizona and perform well, so that the idiots here who alienated him can eat crow.

You are really blowing up Sanchez's first two seasons to be much more than they were. The best thing that can be said about him is that he played very well in the playoffs...some of the best and most mistake-free football of his career, really. But his regular season numbers for both of those seasons were pretty dismal. He got off to a great start in season #2 (7 TD, 0 INT through five games), then threw for 10 TD and 13 INT the rest of the way. For his first two seasons, he threw for 29 TD, 33 INT, lousy completion percentages, and pretty low passing yard totals for each season...like I said, he did play much better come playoff time, but it was the Jets' D that carried that team into the playoffs both seasons. You're giving Sanchez more credit than he really deserves.

It's those playoff performances I think help his cause as to his future more than anything else. '7' is right, in that though his franchise did nothing to make his life easier this season, he deserves blame too...he's made his fair share of mistakes on the field.
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#1768 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,504 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:31 PM

The Jets at least have to save some face and maybe get a 6th or 7th round draft pick in return for the rights to Tebow. Although anyway you slice this Denver looks like a genius organization for getting rid of him at his highest level of return.

The Broncos are the ones who drafted him in the first round in the first place. Not sure how that makes them look like geniuses.

I think at this point, everyone knows that this didn't work out for a number of reasons, and that it's time to move on. I don't think anyone will care much what the return is, even if it's nothing at all...I think everyone associated with the Jets (especially their fans) will be happy that this will soon be over.

#30 FOREVER!

#1769 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,425 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:34 PM

The Broncos are the ones who drafted him in the first round in the first place. Not sure how that makes them look like geniuses.

I think at this point, everyone knows that this didn't work out for a number of reasons, and that it's time to move on. I don't think anyone will care much what the return is, even if it's nothing at all...I think everyone associated with the Jets (especially their fans) will be happy that this will soon be over.

Agree. But was Tebow inherited from a previous regime in Denver? I remember Elway being upset about the pick when came into the picture.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#1770 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,107 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:04 PM

Projection much? The only blind individual seems to be you, who just can't see to judge your own team objectively.

Sanchez has been traumaticized and its indemic of the Jets whole offense which can't block, run the ball or defend against the blitz on the standard third and long that the Jets lack of cooridination puts them in.

I don't hate the Jets, but just making observations that the problems with your team run much, much deeper than you care to acknowledge.

and you're projecting the Jets future to be far gloomier than it really is. The Defense under rex has always been top 10...if not top 5. Even with a crippling injury this year and a QB that has turned it over more than any other Qb in football the past 2 seasons...the D has held up well under more duress than any other D in football. They literally get no breathers during a game. No long drives to refocus.

The running game has somehow gotten up to 12th in the league, it has steadily improved all season.

If the Jets can move from say the 30th ranked passing offense in the league to anywhere between 16-20th...that's already a playoff team. It will get better with Holmes next year, who was playing well when he got hurt.

#1771 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,504 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:27 PM

Again Manta's judgement is clouded by his blind hatred of the Jets (maybe Al Toon took his lunch money) but in a capped league you can't "go for it" every year. The Jets did in 08, 09, and 10. That left them with little flexibility in 11 and 12...and it shows, as their record pretty much matches their talent level...in manta's backwards world however the Jets are still 1-15 and kotite is coaching the club, when in fact they've been one of the better run NFL franchises since 1997

Jets are 134-121 in the regular season since the start of the '97 season, and that includes two 4-12 seasons. In their last 16 seasons (including this one), they've had .500 or better records 12 times, and have made the playoffs 7 times (7-7 record in playoff games over that stretch). They really haven't been nearly as hapless as they are sometimes portrayed.

That being said, they are like the Armando Benitezes of the NFL...when they do blow up, it tends to be spectacular, memorable, and their dark moments have a way of obscuring the better ones. As solid as the above numbers are, they don't seem real in a way, and that's because they are constantly (falsely) perceived as being a laughingstock.

#30 FOREVER!

#1772 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,425 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:01 PM

and you're projecting the Jets future to be far gloomier than it really is. The Defense under rex has always been top 10...if not top 5. Even with a crippling injury this year and a QB that has turned it over more than any other Qb in football the past 2 seasons...the D has held up well under more duress than any other D in football. They literally get no breathers during a game. No long drives to refocus.

The running game has somehow gotten up to 12th in the league, it has steadily improved all season.

If the Jets can move from say the 30th ranked passing offense in the league to anywhere between 16-20th...that's already a playoff team. It will get better with Holmes next year, who was playing well when he got hurt.

And again, you seem to be arguing with yourself. I don't think anyone here has said a negative thing about your defense, unless your just looking to change the subject.

You are grasping at straws with the "If we do this, then we will be a playoff team". Every team in the league can say the same. Even with Holmes you do not have a #1 or #2 type of reciever. Holmes is just not an impact player.

The point you seem to be missing is that Tannebaum, basically has destroyed your offense the past few years and this is your reality for 2012.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#1773 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,425 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:05 PM

Jets are 134-121 in the regular season since the start of the '97 season, and that includes two 4-12 seasons. In their last 16 seasons (including this one), they've had .500 or better records 12 times, and have made the playoffs 7 times (7-7 record in playoff games over that stretch). They really haven't been nearly as hapless as they are sometimes portrayed.

That being said, they are like the Armando Benitezes of the NFL...when they do blow up, it tends to be spectacular, memorable, and their dark moments have a way of obscuring the better ones. As solid as the above numbers are, they don't seem real in a way, and that's because they are constantly (falsely) perceived as being a laughingstock.

They are currently perceived as a laughingstock, rightfully so IMHO, is becausee they talk a great game, but can not live up to their own hype.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#1774 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,301 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:08 PM

Posted Image Lmfao.

Edited by MadDog2020, 27 December 2012 - 03:11 PM.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#1775 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,504 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:33 PM

They are currently perceived as a laughingstock, rightfully so IMHO, is becausee they talk a great game, but can not live up to their own hype.

Ryan's blustering definitely hurt them, and helped to paint the bulls' eye on his teams back. There's no shortage of opposing fans and others who want to see the Rex Ryans of the world fail. And this year blew up spectacularly for them, punctuated by the butt fumble.

Clearly there were a LOT of missteps for the Jets, starting with Tebow, but their D is still competitive and solid...the organization will quickly right the Tebow wrong and get him out of there. Next should be Tannenbaum. Depending on who is brought in, the Jets have a pretty good shot to be competitive again, though I think free agents aren't as intrigued as playing for Ryan as they were a couple of seasons ago. That being said, I don't think this season is the beginning of another period of irrelevance for the Jets.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 27 December 2012 - 03:34 PM.

#30 FOREVER!

#1776 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,406 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:02 PM

You are really blowing up Sanchez's first two seasons to be much more than they were. The best thing that can be said about him is that he played very well in the playoffs...some of the best and most mistake-free football of his career, really. But his regular season numbers for both of those seasons were pretty dismal. He got off to a great start in season #2 (7 TD, 0 INT through five games), then threw for 10 TD and 13 INT the rest of the way. For his first two seasons, he threw for 29 TD, 33 INT, lousy completion percentages, and pretty low passing yard totals for each season...like I said, he did play much better come playoff time, but it was the Jets' D that carried that team into the playoffs both seasons. You're giving Sanchez more credit than he really deserves.

It's those playoff performances I think help his cause as to his future more than anything else. '7' is right, in that though his franchise did nothing to make his life easier this season, he deserves blame too...he's made his fair share of mistakes on the field.

Pretty much agreed with everything you said, although I think the poison pill of a $17 million cap hit if the Jets do get rid of him influences him getting another chance next year as much as or more than the playoff games.

Beezer likes to bring up the 30+ TD's from last year (and gloss over the 15, 20 and 13 in his other seasons), but he doesn't bring up the 26 turnovers in that same season either. And that was before the Jets' receivers were XFL-caliber like they were this year. Like 7 said, better receivers are 'not' going to make Sanchez less mistake-prone. He has 87 turnovers in his four-year career, and he's 26 years old. How long does he get to average 22 turnovers a season with a 55% completion percentage?

Kerley's DROP on 3rd down in the 4th quarter against Houston, would've not only sustained the drive, it would've set us up for 1st and goal. WE WIN THAT GAME if he makes that catch. -but it's Sanchez's fault.
Hill's DROP in the OT loss @ NE, resulted in us having to give the ball back to the Patriots instead of running out the clock. WE WIN THAT GAME if he makes that catch. -but it's Sanchez's fault.
Cumberland's DROP in the endzone against the Titans gave us a FG instead of a TD, in a game we lost by 4 points. WE WIN THAT GAME if he makes that catch. -but it's Sanchez's fault.

Most of this is conjecture. How do you know we would have scored on first and goal in the Houston game? We've been dreadful in the red zone all year. Even if we had scored, it's not an automatic the defense holds the lead.

They probably win the New England game if Hill catches the ball, yes but they lost the Titans game BECAUSE OF Sanchez making four stupid, idiotic throws. Funny how the drop's always a bigger deal than the INT in your book. The Cumberland drop was costly but it was what, the second quarter? You can't say the game would have played out the same way if he had caught the ball. I'd say four INT's are a lot more costly than one drop.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 27 December 2012 - 07:05 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#1777 SS#4-Life

SS#4-Life

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:08 PM

Beezer likes to bring up the 30+ TD's from last year (and gloss over the 15, 20 and 13 in his other seasons), but he doesn't bring up the 26 turnovers in that same season either.

beezers bound to sanchez because he hates being proved wrong. im of 2 minds bout this. in one breath i feel for sanchez, in the next i dont view him as a championship qb. he had his moments but a superbowl is out of the q.

#1778 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,107 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:21 PM

Beezer is right about the drops...seems our receivers drop an inordinate amount of easy ones. Stephen Hill in particular must've gone through a stretch where he dropped like 5 in a row.

But it goes both ways as well. Sanchez has hit opposing teams corners, safeties, and LB's plenty of times in the hands only to end up as drops.

#1779 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,425 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:30 PM

But it goes both ways as well. Sanchez has hit opposing teams corners, safeties, and LB's plenty of times in the hands only to end up as drops.

The last thing I am going to impart regarding the detrioration of Sanchez play this year and his forced mistakes, if I may quote the Boss:

"You end up like a dog that's been beat too much, till you spend half your life just covering up"
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#1780 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,107 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

Sanchez again with a piss poor game. Horrific interception for the pick 6 (the fvck he didn't see the defender just SITTING THERE?) and a bad fumble when he held the ball too long. Overthrows...underthrows, missing open guys.

Par the course for Mark

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users