Parise back at center?

SterioDesign

Commented on this in the other thread. I honestly think this cripples any depth this forward group has. If Zajac AND Josefson were healthy then maybe... but I don't like it.

When team's fully healthy:

Kovalchuk-Parise-Palmieri

Elias-Zajac-Zubrus

Tedenby-Josefson-Sykora

Henrique-Mills-Boulton

i approve. i'd rather he moved elias away from parise and kept parise at LW, but either way, the way the team is constituted now, it's just really hard to have parise and elias on the same line when there's no real play drivers on the rest of the team. at home, maybe he could get away with it, but on the road, it's going to be trouble.

Actually the thing that worries me is this already sends out a slight message of despiration.

Only thing it shows is a coach actively trying to solve a difficult situation. Instead of burying his head in the sand and hoping the problem will go away. Not necessarily saying this move solves anything, but sure is worth looking into.

Switch positions around all you want. It still leaves holes. The team has 3 maybe 4 legit top 6 forwards. Kovy, Parise, Elias, and maybe Zubrus.

I agree with that. If you switch Parise to center then who is going to be on the LW ? Probably Tedenby who won't do the job Parise is doing right now and we will have problems with LW.

I am coming around on this this move, Kovalchuk has yet to play with a player who is fast and drives the net. Kovalchuk always seems top be ahead of the play with no support. Hopefully Parise can enter the zone the same time and have less defensmen stepping up on Kovalchuk.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac

Does anyone remember who he centered his first season? I tried looking up videos on youtube but can only find his first which was a powerplay goal.

This gamethread has him centering Brylin and Gionta. (post 22)

This gamethread has him centering Kozlov and Langenbrunner. (post 17)

Found another gamethread where he centered the fourth line with Janssen and Ryznar as his wingers. :P