How much is too much?

ohms law

OK, cool. I just wanted to make sure that I understood what you were saying. :)

what im thinking is that... ok we may have that financial difficulty but we NEED Zach... we have about 25m to spend... we can be in trouble yes... but for the love of God... they will still have to spend on the team to get to the floor and i mean... i'd rather have zach and fill the holes with youngsters than the other way around if we really dont have an extra 7m...

then of course the cap hit is not what matters here its the actual salary but why cant Lou give zach a kind of contract like Kovy got with the 2 first years low... so that way they have 2 years to get their sh!t together really

edit: also some folks are saying that if we cant re-sign Zach that at least we'll be able to spend about 7 on a good dman or wtv... well... HOW? if we couldnt spend on Zach we'll surely won't be able to sign another big player if our problems is really the financial thing

Edited by SterioDesign

I seriously doubt that the Devils are in enough financial "trouble" that hitting the salary cap is in jeopardy. There are plenty of corners to cut before the principle product must be compromised (which is likely to be especially true for an owner/fan such as Vanderbeek).

Regardless, nothing is going to happen with this until at least April. Everyone in the media going to go batsh!t crazy during the run up to February 27th but I'm betting that the Devils stay quiet or only make a minor move, and then you'll see the media have a collective "wtf?" moment. I'll be laughing reading the crap coming from the likes of Bleacher Report over the next month or so, personally.

:)

Am I the only one who thinks everyone is over reacting and Zach will re-sign?

Nope.

:)

I like Zach better than Kovy, but I feel better about Kovy for 15 years than Zach. Kovy's a tank. Zach's small and needs dirty goals. I think he's gonna break down at some point. He's smart enough to contribute when his skills erode a little, but still, I'm concerned going over 10 years.

I like Zach better than Kovy, but I feel better about Kovy for 15 years than Zach. Kovy's a tank. Zach's small and needs dirty goals. I think he's gonna break down at some point. He's smart enough to contribute when his skills erode a little, but still, I'm concerned going over 10 years.

Good point(s). Still, I'm expecting a 12 or 15 year deal.