Z-Man

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are both team captains

Primeau is the captain.

tough guy shows up to talk smack after the flyers win...

I've been here before they won. You didn't notice, not my problem.

Stevens is capable of turning a series around w/ one hit, Dejardins turns series arounds by making mistakes...

Give me a break already. Rico does not make mistakes. He is a good defenseman and has never been a physical defenseman like Stevens.

Is there a message board you don't visit? You have way to much time on your hands.

Shhh, no one asked for a response from the peanut gallery.

JR is a moron, so he fits right in with the Failures.......

Well, he is a moron that just beat your team. The moron is better for the NHL than the Devils and the boring trap.

then what's the stupid ct doing here?

Always the best language from Devil fans. They call us names? :rolleyes:

JR knows that Stevens is better, and by far, he cant say that and dis his teammate

Stevens is a better physical d-man & Rico is a better offensive d-man.

Yeah, well, Kim Johnnson has a stutter also...

It would appear that the stutter didn't stop him from owning your team in the series.

DId Kim Johnsson really break his hand?

Yes. Hairline fracture of a bone. He's going to play anyway. Best of luck to him, hope he doesn't do permanent damage to it.

Woh... maybe the Flyers really are jinxed. Johnsson playing hurt probably won't be as effective.

Wooo, my very first ignored poster. And all this time I thought it would be Jason or Stubbs. But NO it was a Flyers troll.

And an uninformed Flyers troll at that. What do you think the Flyers did for the most part in this series? Here is a hint.. It is a four letter word that starts with a T and ends with a P. It's monosyllabic so as a Flyers fan it is right up your alley.

sw61776 u know JR is a moron who is cocky as hell.....

dont quote everyone with your opinions....

JR is a moron, Johansson is a moron, Desjardins is a moron.....

Sorry, the only moron I see is you.

Johansson is a moron

The guy who plays for the Leafs?? :noclue:

And an uninformed Flyers troll at that. What do you think the Flyers did for the most part in this series?

Umm, let's see, the only word that comes to my mind has three letters:

WIN

Other words: Outscore, outhit, outplay, outhustle, score, block, check, shutdown.

They also frustrated the hell out of the Devils

Shall I continue?

Scoring: Final 2 games Flyers: 6 goals Devils 1 goal :rofl:

The Flyers were clearly the hungrier team. Congrats, they beat us finally.

Our guys did their best , and I think with the final scores one can say that the series could have easily come out differently. It was not a blowout by any means.

It was decisive, but not a laugher. Philly got the first goal in every game (?) and more importantly had the confidence to get the next goal everytime the Devs scored. We did not.

But by no means was it a blowout on the scoreboard, but more of a mental blow out. Esche was on and stole a game or two for them. I think he and Brodeur were the difference in the series, moreso than the non-goalies.

I'll be interested to see how the Flyers play when Esche inevitably cools off, as all keepers will do if they end up playing 3-4 playoff rounds.

We'll find out later this week...

sw61976, we all watched the series, we know what happened.

No need for your Flyer ass to come here and start sh!t. If I were an admin of this board, I would have banned ur ass a long time ago, just like what the Flyer boards do to Devils fans because sometimes they just can't handle fans from one of the most SUCCESSFUL organizations of this past decade.

And what do the Flyers have to show? A sweep at the hands of the Wings, a team these Devs swept 2 years prior. Go take a hike, you beat us once, good for you, now go back to your Cryers forums, cry about every non-call, every call.

You come here talking all Flyers like we give a sh!t...

No need for your Flyer ass to come here and start sh!t. If I were an admin of this board, I would have banned ur ass a long time ago, just like what the Flyer boards do to Devils fans because sometimes they just can't handle fans from one of the most SUCCESSFUL organizations of this past decade.

Don't stoop down to their level.

All I have to say is that the Flyers did to us what we have done to them many times over the years.

And if the Flyer fans refuse to acknowledge that their team trapped to perfection, then you have a hypocrite.

I would hardly call any of the games being owned by the Flyers. Timely scoring on a goaltender that laid an egg? Sure.

Yeah, well, Kim Johnnson has a stutter also...

It would appear that the stutter didn't stop him from owning your team in the series.

Ah, Christ, I'm just joking.

Give me a break already. Rico does not make mistakes. He is a good defenseman and has never been a physical defenseman like Stevens...

Stevens is a better physical d-man & Rico is a better offensive d-man.

I love it. Flyers fans know that the win is tainted because Stevens was out, so they try to justify it by saying that a has-been 2nd pairing defenseman somehow offsets the loss. Eric Desjardins would play on the third pairing in NJ if Scott Stevens was healthy.

I like it beacue I know it bothers them, if it didn't they would just shrug their shoulders and move on. But the fact that they keep tying to argue the point says that deep down they know that this victorty isn't all that meaningful.

All I have to say is that the Flyers did to us what we have done to them many times over the years.

And if the Flyer fans refuse to acknowledge that their team trapped to perfection, then you have a hypocrite.

That's all I could say to my friends as we watched the games (especially Game 4). Every time they trapped, I pointed it out (my friends are still learning hockey). And I pointed it out ALOT. They did a helluva job out Devil-ing us.

Edited by Z-Man

Im still waiting to see if sw61776 can explain what the trap is. Im sure he will look it up somewhere first though

She has no need to look it up. Some teams play all different forms of the trap. You like to play the 1-2-2. Send one person in on the forecheck and it forces a player to go one way or the other. By doing that you are leading them into a trap with the forechecker & the man in the neutral zone. You can sometimes force teams to make a cross ice pass or force them to try and use the boards therefore giving the 2nd group of 2 a chance to pick the puck off.

I really didn't need to look it up for a reason unrelated to hockey. The trap is used in basketball usually on full court and half court presses for the same reason it is used in hockey. Having played basketball since I was 4, I kind already knew what the trap was.

So, anything else you want to ask me?

I like it beacue I know it bothers them, if it didn't they would just shrug their shoulders and move on. But the fact that they keep tying to argue the point says that deep down they know that this victorty isn't all that meaningful.

No, it doesn't bother me. We had injuries and whole lot more than the Devils. However, our GM didn't sit and do nothing in his office, he went out & got the guys we needed. He also didn't give up Jeff Carter or Mike Richards to get a Zhamnov or a Markov. He gave away a 6th defenseman for Zhamnov and a fourth line winger for Markov. We also got a goalie who is our starter's best friend therefore eliminating any problems between the two. We got Branko and a good, big prospect in Eager. Look what it did, helped us dominate the Devils and have a short series with hardly any physical play from the opposition. So, no, doesn't bother me at all. I know it bothers Devil fans that Lou did nothing to help. His fault.

Every team's fans leave early if the game is decided. Don't give me any superiority vibes on that one. It just shows you've never been to many arenas, and if you have, you had your orange and black glasses on.

It's easier to see with the Devils being that the arena is never full anyway. Our fans usually stay to cheer or boo depending on how the Flyers did. That's the truth. I've been to quite a few games. Only team in the playoffs where the fans left way before the horn went in the 3rd.

Im still waiting to see if sw61776 can explain what the trap is. Im sure he will look it up somewhere first though

She has no need to look it up. Some teams play all different forms of the trap. You like to play the 1-2-2. Send one person in on the forecheck and it forces a player to go one way or the other. By doing that you are leading them into a trap with the forechecker & the man in the neutral zone. You can sometimes force teams to make a cross ice pass or force them to try and use the boards therefore giving the 2nd group of 2 a chance to pick the puck off.

I really didn't need to look it up for a reason unrelated to hockey. The trap is used in basketball usually on full court and half court presses for the same reason it is used in hockey. Having played basketball since I was 4, I kind already knew what the trap was.

So, anything else you want to ask me?

I have a new found respect for u. U actually now what u are talking about

The Devils fans are notorious for leaving early before games. I've seen them leave 3 minutes before an OT period (with the game tied), the Devils winning 4-0, the Devils losing 2-0, every situation some people leave early...

Sometimes i heard the chant "BEAT THE TRAFFIC" start, lol

But once the new arena is built, I think the fans will feel more comfortable staying for the whole game. IMO

Edited by TK421