Pick your poison

Revan

47 members have voted

1. 1. What would be easier to endure?

• Getting swept for the first time in club's history
    • Losing in 5 and watching the Kings celebrate with the Cup at the Rock

There's a chance we can never make the finals again.

Look at other teams around the league who haven't won cups since they have been around, Buffalo, Vancouver, St. Louis. Look at all those teams who have long droughts in between cups, Philly, Boston and Chicago before their cup wins in the last 2 seasons. Look at the Rangers from 1940 to 1994.

This is why it infuriates me that this thread even exists. To have to choose whether or not we want to lose this series in 4 or 5 is fvcking ridiculous.

I'm not saying you gotta get your poms poms out and drink your kool aid but fvck this sh!t thread.

I admit, I didn't mean to group you in with the "pom-pom" group. What I said was meant to address the group as a whole, which your statement only partially qualified for. I agree with you that if the OP means to say that "we are probably going to lose so how do you want to lose?" then I don't like the thread either. But I took this thread as an, "if we do lose soon, woud you rather the Devils at least get one or end the misery early? I think I am actually kind of with you in you frustration with this series and how badly you don't want to think about losing. But if the latter is what the OP meant I think its legit.

Edited by ben00rs

The most painful possibility isn't even listed, game 7 loss. Because by that point we'd all be flying high, and dreaming again, and assuming it's in the bag. Yes, the team battling back just to force game 7 would be something we could hang our hats on down the road, but in the moment in would be worst of all.

I admit, I didn't mean to group you in with the "pom-pom" group. What I said was meant to address the group as a whole, which your statement only partially qualified for. I agree with you that if the OP means to say that "we are probably going to lose so how do you want to lose?" then I don't like the thread either. But I took this thread as an, "if we do lose soon, woud you rather the Devils at least get one or end the misery early? I think I am actually kind of with you in you frustration with this series and how badly you don't want to think about losing. But if the latter is what the OP meant I think its legit.

Ya and I'm sorry I don't mean to take sh!t out on you either, I'm just frustrated as hell with a lot of people here tonight. None of us like losing but it infuriates me with some of these reactions of posters on here tonight.

Ya and I'm sorry I don't mean to take sh!t out on you either, I'm just frustrated as hell with a lot of people here tonight. None of us like losing but it infuriates me with some of these reactions of posters on here tonight.

We're all angry. I'm guilty too. cheers.gif I think no one here expected we'd actually be down 3-0. We were riding high for so long and we have had 9 really tough years and now it was finally our time again. We all are coping with this in different positive and negative ways, and I'm sure it's in the back of all our heads that we magically win in 7.

win game 4, win game 5, win game 6, win game 7. in that order

Logical lol I Like it.

There's a chance we can never make the finals again.

Look at other teams around the league who haven't won cups since they have been around, Buffalo, Vancouver, St. Louis. Look at all those teams who have long droughts in between cups, Philly, Boston and Chicago before their cup wins in the last 2 seasons. Look at the Rangers from 1940 to 1994.

This is why it infuriates me that this thread even exists. To have to choose whether or not we want to lose this series in 4 or 5 is fvcking ridiculous.

I'm not saying you gotta get your poms poms out and drink your kool aid but fvck this sh!t thread.

That may be true, but with all the parity in the league there is just as much chance the Devils can repeat and go to the finals next year. It really is a crapshoot.

Detroit and Pittsburgh made it to the finals 2 years in a row a few years ago. I honestly thought that would be just about impossible in the post-lockout world.

I want to cheer this team at home when it is all over, no matter who is hoisting the cup.

same here

one of my favorite devils teams cause of all of the factors and unknowns.

thanks to the devils, i needed that.

Edited by lazer

I will never accept a sweep if I can avoid it. In fact, if I am going to lose, not letting the Kinks celebrate in front of their own fans would be just fine by me. This is war.... Errr, hockey folks...... Take no prisoners.

Would love a game 5 (or 6 or 7) but I'd absolutely hate to see their asses skating around on our ice with the cup. fvck no. If we must lose out, I'd rather it be out there. Honestly, if there really isn't any chance we can come back, I'd just want it to be over so we can stop hoping and guessing and all that. I'd rather we didn't lose out at all though. Not giving up hope here, but it's just damn rough to get up for this when we're doing so terrible out there.

Push it to 6 at least....

I would hate to see the Cup skated by LA on our ice...but I rather see that than see us go down in flames in a sweep...

LET'S GO DEVILS

This is where I'm at. If the Devs gotta go down, I'd rather it be in 6 games than the other 3 alternatives. Anything else would be way too painful; losing in 6 would suck too, but at least it would be somewhat palatable. As it is, I'm seriously considering not watching Game 4 and instead heading out to a bar to celebrate my friend's birthday... and I *hate* bars, especially crowded ones (which this one almost always is; it's a popular burrito joint that's usually packed).