My Visit to the Verizon Center in DC

msweet

I'd like to know what street this bum face down was located.

And you're driving up and down Broad Street instead of 21. Like Triumph said folks driving to the Verizon Center from the east will experience worse areas(I've ridden through there myself, I'll take Broad St. over NY Avenue NE any day of the week even with the motels). Take the train in if a bothers you so much. That way you won't deal with the ghetto element from Broad Street.

Both times it was on lafayette. One a few feet down from uber burger and another time right next to where the employees enter. So practically the same spot.

Also you suggesting that I take the train if I don't want to see the ghetto elements speaks volumes about the area.

Newark SUCKS, we get it dude. But fvck Newark right now, it's not your downtown hang out spot regardless if it was nicer. The point is the Arena + area right outside the arena is not bad, which is what is important.

Someone make a list of what they want outside the arena, for real. Let's decide why Newark sucks and what is missing instead of the same general argument that it simply sucks. Yes, Newark sucks, let's focus on just where the arena is. Let's face it, you're NOT going to go to Newark to hang out ever in the next 20 years, so let it go.

Edited by hurricane1091

I've lived outside of DC for 11 years and have seen the Caps franchise arise from the dead.

1- The Caps PA guy is the Trojan Man in the Trojan Condom commericals.

2- The Caps fans yell "Red!" a la Cornell and RPI hockey during the anthem and "Oh" which has passed down from Orioles games.

3- Even when the Caps stunk the Caps tapped into the young/teen/young adult fan market mostly through marketing the team with a local FM DC Elliot Segal and his popular morning show. Because of this even before Ovechkin being a hockey fan was seen as "hip". Ovie's arrival just got everybody else on board and those young/teen/young adults back in 2003, 2004, 2005 are now ticket-buying age.

4- It helps when all of the other DC sports teams have stunk out loud. Caps tickets are now the hardest tickets to get in the area. The only thing that approaches it was Stephen Strasberg's rookie starts for the Nationals. You can get Redskins tickets anywhere and the Skins are actually taking 10,000 seats out of Fed Ex Field.

5- The 2 fan bases Caps fans hate the most is Pittsburgh and Philly by far.

I've lived outside of DC for 11 years and have seen the Caps franchise arise from the dead.

1- The Caps PA guy is the Trojan Man in the Trojan Condom commericals.

2- The Caps fans yell "Red!" a la Cornell and RPI hockey during the anthem and "Oh" which has passed down from Orioles games.

3- Even when the Caps stunk the Caps tapped into the young/teen/young adult fan market mostly through marketing the team with a local FM DC Elliot Segal and his popular morning show. Because of this even before Ovechkin being a hockey fan was seen as "hip". Ovie's arrival just got everybody else on board and those young/teen/young adults back in 2003, 2004, 2005 are now ticket-buying age.

4- It helps when all of the other DC sports teams have stunk out loud. Caps tickets are now the hardest tickets to get in the area. The only thing that approaches it was Stephen Strasberg's rookie starts for the Nationals. You can get Redskins tickets anywhere and the Skins are actually taking 10,000 seats out of Fed Ex Field.

5- The 2 fan bases Caps fans hate the most is Pittsburgh and Philly by far.

Unfortunately for us, New Jersey doesn't have a popular radio morning DJ to talk up the Devils. That would be cool if we did.

Appreciate the info on the Caps.