Next season, player actions

LucifersDog

http://capgeek.com/devils

Summer 2014:  ~25m in space.

Summer 2015:  ~17.5m additionally coming off.

The Devils have literally a boatload of money coming off the books in the next few years..adding salary shouldn't be a problem.  The only significant internal re-signing the Devils will need to do in the next two years is Schneider ( :pray:  :pray:  :pray: ) so they'll have ample spending ability. 

The only problem is luring UFAs here.  I mean, do you really want to throw 5-6m+/year at Moulson?  Because I have a feeling that's what it's going to take to get him here...vast over-payment.

Interesting. Randy Miller brought that up in his interview on Talking Red. Basically he asked how the Devils can make it attractive for players to play for NJ, especially those offensively talented players that know their point production will probably go down due to the system the Devils play.

Stastny would be awesome. Building this team from the net out, and up the middle.

Schneider

Larsson, Merrill, Gelinas, Severson, Sanaiti

Zajac, Stastny, Henrique

Having Zajac and Stastny would make us strong at center for a long time

I'm almost embarassed by my excitement over the prospects of that future d-core. Throw in Greene as the grizzled vet and keep Fayne and you've got a cheap and cost controlled d-core for 5-8 years. 

I'm almost embarassed by my excitement over the prospects of that future d-core. Throw in Greene as the grizzled vet and keep Fayne and you've got a cheap and cost controlled d-core for 5-8 years.

I think Fayne is as good as gone. No way he sticks around with the log jam, unless 2 guys go

I think Fayne is as good as gone. No way he sticks around with the log jam, unless 2 guys go

Depends on his value around the league. I certainly think NJ would value him higher than most other teams. I hope they can keep Fayne to keep that top pairing stable.

We keep saying every year they have to let someone walk (Salvador two years ago, Zidlicky last year) but Lou just can't bear to part with his d-logjam.

I don't wanna think about where this team would be without Zidlicky. Take the good with the bad I suppose when it comes to this logjam.