NJ DEVILS 2cnd ROUND APPRECIATION THREAD!

DevilinLA

I never thought I'd be so happy to see the 2cnd round.

Like I've said - I think we're playing with house money now.

Obviouslly, play to win - but I think this moment deserves its own thread for right now.

I think, even given the collapse, the resiliency of beating out the GM7 CAR curse will do wonders to exorcise some demons for the fans, management, and a few players.

I'm quite guilty of being on the negative side so far - but having seen some resiliency now I can have more faith - Let's take a moment to celebrate!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Edited by DevilinLA

Hey, we already vastly improved from the crap show last year, not only got back in the playoffs, but advanced to the second round. I call that a huge improvement. PDB!

Now, it's 12:30 and I gotta get up around 7ish and get to work in Somerset about 45mins away :wacko: good thing tomorrow is Friday. don't think I can fall asleep right now no matter how tired I am

I wanted to win a series so guys remember what it feels like. Now lets play loose and hope for the best.

Burnside has already picked the Phailures in 3. :P

I actually said after game 5 or 6 that if the Devils won this series somehow, I'd be fine with the Devils losing in the 2nd round in 3 games.

So satisfying to finally get another playoff series win. Considering where this team was a year ago, I'll gladly take it. Anything else is gravy.

yep. it's all gravy. hope they beat the flyers, have no faith they will. nice to feel this way, though.

Wow...not one spreadsheet, link, Corsi, or Fenwick. Just a simple observation. Outstanding!

But yeah, I agree with this...I don't see this series lasting more than five games. If they take it to six games and make the Flyers sweat a little doing it, I'd be happy with that. For whatever it's worth, I'm thrilled that they're playing Sunday and not Saturday...any extra rest these guys can get is a major bonus.

• Like 1

That series shouldn't have even been close, but still I just feel relief.

At least watching the Devils this past series, it's clear they have another level they sometimes go to, but are maddeningly inconsistent. I think the Devils can beat the Flyers if they play at that level for 7 games.

Here's hoping the Ilya Brzgalov we all know and love shows up!

"House Money" :rolleyes:

and other cliche phrases.

(my lest favorite is "step up to the plate")

The Blackhawks and Bruins skate to a 2-2 tie. (Ever notice how hockey teams never skate to a win or a loss? Evidently, they can only skate to a tie.)

They can score from anywhere on the ice.

They have to find a way to put the puck in the net.

When you put the puck on the net, good things are going to happen.

They're the hardest working line in hockey.

They're getting beaten to the puck.

They've gone into their defensive shell.

Looks like they're content to sit on the lead.

You don't want to give up a soft goal here.

They're looking for the equalizer. (i.e. the tying goal)

The Blackhawks make a wholesale change.

They're mucking it up in the corner.

He stood him up on the blue line.

He went right through him.

They're buzzing around the net.

They're peppering the goaltender.

He was mugged.

The bodies are flying.

We've got a bench-clearing brawl.

After a goal...

He lit the lamp.

He put the biscuit in the basket.

He found the twine.

He went high to the top shelf.

He went upstairs.

He beat him through the five hole. (i.e. scored by putting the puck through the goaltender's pads)

That was a goal-scorer's goal.

After a save...

He was robbed.

The goalposts are a goalie's best friends.

He's been playing steady between the pipes.

Look what I found.

He's still pitching a shutout.

Edited by Legion15

We have been out before the second round for so long, this feels almost. That said, we have the best team in the league coming up next.

they do? the flyers are not the "best" team in the east let alone the league.