NJ DEVILS 2cnd ROUND APPRECIATION THREAD!

DevilinLA

eventhough i know we have a decent team, i HOPE but i don't think we can make it through the Flyers, but you never know, they have the 2nd worst goaltender in the playoffs almost averaging 4 goals against in 6 games... if we can play well defensively and still get production out of our 4th line, that our best players stays our best players and that our injured guys can get a "little rest" and that this goal gives Henrique wings... you never know.

but to be honest if we lose or even get swept i'd be sad but not even close to be crushed and heartbroken like i could have been yesterday...

so from now on its all a luxury to me

congrats boys! :cheers:

My keys to the devils:

1. Play 60 minutes of ice hockey with no time off (Flyers are not a team you give momentum)

2. Bordeur has to stop the puck and control the game, every time he plays, there is a little helter skelter in our zone

3. Kovy is at 60% right now (I am convinced he is injured), hopefully a couple of days of some rest can get him to 90%

4. Devils defense does have trouble against the aggressive forecheck, need to figure a way to clear the puck of the zone or a clean break out strategy

5. Bryz has to show the same form he did against the Pens

My opinion is that this is a very tall order, especially points 1-4, for a team which has been inconsistent even in the playoffs. If Devils can maintain this, they can win in 6/7 games. If not (hope to be wrong), I predict flyers in 5/6 games.

it is so nice to be able to sit in a new round.. its like we can finally breathe again for a little bit. We get to live to see more games- our season isn't over yet!! Keep rolling!!

This thread is exactly what we should note: appreciation for getting into the 2nd round

Nice job boys, keep it coming! :cheers:

Yeah I'm just enjoying the achievement of reaching the 2nd round.. Nothing is guaranteed, for all we know we might not make the 2nd round again for 15 years.. You just never know and you'll drive yourself crazy and become a very angry individual if you're a Cup or Bust kinda person