A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,938 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:35 AM

Epic Simpsons reference !!!

Posted Image

Dude looks like Lou.

You could make one up for Lou as well: Oh crap i should have re-signed Parise last year!!....Oh crap i shouldnt have given Salvadore 3 years!!!.....Oh crap i certainly shouldnt have re-signed Cam Janssen.... Ahhh it's too hot today...

Haha. Man he really does like Lou. I don't think I'll get tired of coming up with those for Lou over the next little while.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#2043 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:37 AM

Time to break out the guilt-trip. :lol:

IMO, if he wants to throw away his career he has every right to. Yes, I know the NHL is random now, but I guess he had a taste of the Finals this year and he liked it so much he wants to be sure he never goes back.

Would be one of the odder FA decisions I can remember. Kovalchuk was funneled to us, this guy could literally have his pick of like 10 teams depending on his terms.

#2044 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:39 AM

It just cracks me up that Parise going to the Wild will not improve that team at all. He cant carry a team he never has he never will.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#2045 chaos212

chaos212

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:40 AM

The drama is all created by the media and fans. Unless I've missed something, Zach has not said or done anything particularly "dramatic" throughout this process.

...the drama is a result of him waiting out his decision.

#2046 bobilly45

bobilly45

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:41 AM

looks like everyones gotta step up a little to fill in for parise if he does in fact leave (which is looking more and more likely)

#2047 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:42 AM

My fear of another Nieds situation is going to another level. Once again we have a star UFA sincerely taking his time to consider all options, his future, his family, all while keeping the Devils very much in the picture and not jumping at the first mega-deal tossed at his feet. In short, he's handling it as well as a man could handle it. And we already have fans throwing hate at him.

Can't please everyone, I suppose.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#2048 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,428 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:43 AM

Time to break out the guilt-trip. :lol:

IMO, if he wants to throw away his career he has every right to. Yes, I know the NHL is random now, but I guess he had a taste of the Finals this year and he liked it so much he wants to be sure he never goes back.

Would be one of the odder FA decisions I can remember. Kovalchuk was funneled to us, this guy could literally have his pick of like 10 teams depending on his terms.

I mean, the Wild have a pretty good stable of prospects. Coyle, Phillips, Granlund, Brodin. The problem is the only good NHL players they have are Koivu, Gilbert, and the goaltenders.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#2049 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:44 AM

My fear of another Nieds situation is going to another level. Once again we have a star UFA sincerely taking his time to consider all options, his future, his family, all while keeping the Devils very much in the picture and not jumping at the first mega-deal tossed at his feet. In short, he's handling it as well as a man could handle it. And we already have fans throwing hate at him.

Can't please everyone, I suppose.

I don't think he's handling anything, he's being led around in 25 different directions at the same time. It looks like Ryan Suter had to put him out of his misery. I don't hold any ill-will for him if he signs there, I'm just well, kinda puzzled he'd sign there.

I mean, the Wild have a pretty good stable of prospects. Coyle, Phillips, Granlund, Brodin. The problem is the only good NHL players they have are Koivu, Gilbert, and the goaltenders.

The problem with prospects is, well you can see the problem with prospects right here. They play 6-7 seasons for you and then disappear. It is random though, I don't think anyone who was thinking clearly thought we'd be playing in the Stanley Cup Finals in January, over Boston, the Pens, or even Team Blocked Shot.

#2050 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,926 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:46 AM

and Backstrom is a ufa after this upcoming season

#2051 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,678 posts

Yeo's system is everything Zach didnt want in NJ

www.SterioDesign.com

#2052 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Haha. Man he really does like Lou. I don't think I'll get tired of coming up with those for Lou over the next little while.

What happened? I disagree with you and am not one of the 10 self-described geniuses of the board so I don't get a response? Sorry for offending you with my stupid post earlier.

Edited by devils26, 04 July 2012 - 10:46 AM.

"The Devils always find a way to win, ... That will continue." -Scott Stevens
"I wouldn't think so. Nothing is broken. It's just a bruise." -Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image

#2053 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:49 AM

Well said.

You honestly don't see how fans might perceive Zach's comments differently?

"The Devils always find a way to win, ... That will continue." -Scott Stevens
"I wouldn't think so. Nothing is broken. It's just a bruise." -Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image

#2054 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,538 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:50 AM

Heatly is good too, but overrated.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#2055 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,428 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:50 AM

The problem with prospects is, well you can see the problem with prospects right here. They play 6-7 seasons for you and then disappear. It is random though, I don't think anyone who was thinking clearly thought we'd be playing in the Stanley Cup Finals in January, over Boston, the Pens, or even Team Blocked Shot.

This is a problem? This isn't a problem. I mean, if you think you can predict what NHL teams will be best 6-7 years from now, be my guest.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#2056 skullsmasher

skullsmasher

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:51 AM

If he leaves we are going to lose every game for the next 3 years and end up moving to Quebec.

Edited by skullsmasher, 04 July 2012 - 10:51 AM.

#2057 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:52 AM

I will hate Zach for signing there. Don't make statements like "Winning is the most important thing" and "I want to win" etc. Signing in Minn is not where you sign if WINNING is your #1 priority...

Even the Pens or Wings would have been a "WINNING" destination...the Wild are NOT.

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#2058 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,678 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:52 AM

ToddCordell
Zajac might follow Parise out the door (assuming No. 9 leaves) after next season. He'll be a UFA. Doubt he signs with best friend gone.

ok this is getting fvcking depressing

www.SterioDesign.com

#2059 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:53 AM

He did it after the season multiple times and an intelligent player would know how fans would take such a comment.

You're also forgetting the "don't worry" comment he made to fans at the rally to meet the Devils bus.

He never did anything that wasn't allowed or that wasn't technically correct, but a smart player would see how he was string a team's fans along, albeit probably unintentionally.

What was he supposed to say when he said things like "We'll be ready to go next year," or "Oates leaving is a big loss for us?" "The Devils will be back next year," and "Oates is a big loss for the Devils." If he says stuff like that days after losing in the finals and while still under contract with the Devils then everyone would read into it that he won't be coming back. Either way fans would look into it way too much and it's not Zach's fault. None of us really know what was going on in his head but my guess is that at that time he wanted to come back but once he became a free agent it made the decision more difficult than he was expecting. He didn't know who was going to offer what and assuming he goes to Minnesota with Suter, he didn't know Suter was going there yet either.

I'm going to be upset if he leaves, but I won't hate the guy. I have a Parise World Junior Championships jersey and a Parise Devils jersey. I'm not sure yet if I'm going to have them re-customized. He will still be one of my favorite players because of his unmatched work ethic and I'm looking forward to having him on the Olympic team for years to come, and if he goes to the Wild I guess I'll be rooting for him in the World Championships almost every year too haha.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#2060 Rangerfans

Rangerfans

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:53 AM

If he leaves we are going to lose every game for the next 3 years and end up moving to Quebec.

If he leaves, you guys are going to be fine.

I'm the enemy and I still see you as contenders, Parise or no.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users