• Nov 12
    • Dec 12
    • Jan 13
    • Feb 13
    • Mar 13
    • Apr 13
    • Oct 13
    • Never

I wasn't optimistic until I saw that Clarkson and Enstrom both left their teams for "personal reasons". Maybe I'm reading too much into it

TG tweeted they apparently had a disagreement with the coach.

I think the 10 hour or so meeting of the 2 second in commands, closely followed by a full meeting, bodes well. Neither side tried to score points after Saturday's meeting, which suggests to me they have an agenda of points and just need to hash out specifics, as long as neither of the 2 heads completely changes their mind on something. I think the seconds will be shocked if some real traction can't be found in today's meeting.

There is no reason to meet for 10 hours, resolve nothing, and then call the big bosses in to meet 3 days later, so there was at least belief in the 2 sides moving together in Saturday's meetings.

If I set the over under at December 15th for an NHL game....how many would take the under.

That's a tough line. Honestly, that could push.

Does this sound familiar? "On October 28, Stern announced the cancellation of all games through November 30 after negotiations regarding division of revenue ended without an agreement. He said that [NBAPA president] Hunter was unwilling "to go a penny below 52 [percent]" on BRI, while Hunter said, "We made a lot of concessions, but unfortunately at this time it's not enough."[5] Stern indicated that an 82-game season was no longer possible."

I think the silence from the two sides is a sign of progress. They hopefully are done caring about trying to gain public favorability and now just want to get a deal done. These meetings are going well into the night and are happening each day. I'm hopeful we have an agreement within the next two weeks are our first NHL games between December 1st and 10th.

im bored and just got this thought... do you guys think there's a chance that Lou knew a full season lockout would most likely happen so that our rank wouldnt change so thats why he decided to keep our pick so we can get a player that would be ready a little bit faster to bring in the system?

probably not lol but wtv... just throwing that out there, theres not much to talk about

im bored and just got this thought... do you guys think there's a chance that Lou knew a full season lockout would most likely happen so that our rank wouldnt change so thats why he decided to keep our pick so we can get a player that would be ready a little bit faster to bring in the system?

probably not lol but wtv... just throwing that out there, theres not much to talk about

Pretty sure we had a lottery draft in 2005, I'd imagine they do something similar.

This years draft is ridiculously strong.

It was actually 2 #1s and 2 #2s...they turned into Fleury, Malkin, Crosby and Staal. Nothing like being rewarded for suckage...but that's how the draft works...who knows, one day the Devils may find themselves there too...

http://www.nhl.com/i...ge.htm?id=26401

They looked at the last three seasons, and 4 drafts.

3 balls: Team has not made the playoffs each of the last 3 seasons, nor had the no.1 overall pick

2 balls: Team has accomplished one of those feats

1 ball: Team has accomplished two or more of those feats

I think Lou kept the pick for the "time value of prospects" argument and to send a message to Parise and other UFAs that the Devils were going to be a playoff team this year.

edit: Edmonton had the last two no. 1 overall picks so they'd only have one ball in this scenario.

Edited by halfsharkalligatorhalfman

Are these NHL players serious? Now apparently they want even more!? Going from $240m to $260m in these negotiations, and still not willing to start at 50-50.

The NHL went from $180 mil to $200 mil yet in the eyes of all the shills for the PA (that goes double for you Brooksie), this will all be explained away as more PR attacks on the PA.

Are these NHL players serious? Now apparently they want even more!? Going from $240m to $260m in these negotiations, and still not willing to start at 50-50.

50-50 is unworkable for next year without huge amnesty buyouts or huge salary reductions. It's a non-starter. That will not be where the final deal lands.

50-50 is unworkable for next year without huge amnesty buyouts or huge salary reductions. It's a non-starter. That will not be where the final deal lands.

it seems like the final deal will have to be in the ball park of 50-50. I was talking more about the $260. At this point in the lockout, why raise your demands? It makes no sense to all of a sudden want more after asking for less the entire summer.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.