Marcus Naslund and Dimitry Kalinin to Rangers

Satans Hockey

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=242396&amp...s=topStory_main

Markus Naslund is off the available list for free agents, as the Swedish winger has signed a 2-year contract with the New York Rangers worth $8 million.

The Rangers also announced the signing of defencemen Dmitri Kalinin to a one-year contract.

Edited by Satans Hockey

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm sorry i didn't get back to you in the other thread. it's just this music site i go on that has a long running hockey thread that about 20 or so of us religously post in. the kid who posted this has been the guy who's been updating everybody on moves. this was the first time he posted something that didn't have a link or come from tsn. i didn't have much reason to doubt what he said, he's been good during this whole signing period. as soon as i get a link i'll share it. but i'm leaving work now so hopefully something is said before i get home.

Just announcing the new pick ups I hope. I highly doubt Sundin has come to any kind of a decision although Naslund is a possibility or maybe they came to terms with Jarg. O well we will find out soon.

Edited by zachattack9

KALININ?!?!?!?!?!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAAHAHHAAHAHAHAHHAAHA

They trade away young talent yesterday and sign a has-been today. Welcome back late '90s-early '00s Rangers! I missed ya!

Maybe you missed it, Christian Backman was traded.

I do not think he would classify as "young talent". Try, toilet paper.

By the way, how many 30+ year olds will the Devils have in their lineup? Sure they are going to be money in back-to-backs and three in four nights...

Edited by bg.

Devils have far more drafted players on their roster...however that is not what I was talking about.

I am talking about a very old team - at least admit it is a concern. Honestly, the Devils are built for a playoff run - issue is that doesn't start until game 83, they still have to get through games 1-82.

KALININ?!?!?!?!?!

QFT

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Devils have far more drafted players on their roster...however that is not what I was talking about.

I am talking about a very old team - at least admit it is a concern. Honestly, the Devils are built for a playoff run - issue is that doesn't start until game 83, they still have to get through games 1-82.

Last time I checked they got thru games 1-82 without much of a big problem for 12 straight years (11 seasons total)

When was the last time NJ didn't get to the playoffs? '96?

Edited by nmigliore

what young talent? Zherdev aned Fritsche are 23 and better than Tyutin and Backman.

Zherdev is a young Viktor Kozlov. I don't mean that in a good way. Tyutin is going to spend the prime of his career as a top pairing defenseman. Naslund is past his prime. Same can be said for Redden. The only good thing Sather has done in the past few days is only give Naslund one year and $4.5M.

Wow! Why would you sign Naslund for a 2-year contract, but let Jagr walk. That was a dumb move by Glenn. Also letting Avery go was a bad move.

The Rangers team is young, very little leadership besides drury, and no Toughness. Right now they are a very soft team.

Now, I'd like you to count. How many significant Devils on the team RIGHT NOW were drafted by the Devils. I'd like you to count, how many significant Rag$ are on the team right now and were drafted by the Rag$? So yes, welcome back 90's Rangers.

It would depend on how you define "significant." Does that mean star players only? If the Devils have taught the Rangers anything, its that the grunts (Pandolfo, Brylin, etc) are every bit as important to a team's success as the first liners are.

Lundqvist, of course, would qualify as significant under either definition. Dubinsky looks like he could be a very solid NHLer. Girardi (technically undrafted, but developed in Hartford) looks like he could be a steady d-man for some time to come. Ditto for Staal. Nigel Dawes has shown flashes of talent and a knack for scoring against the Devils. Callahan looks like he could be a nice agitating 3rd liner, sort of like Avery but without the bush league plays and the Vogue internship.

I'd say the Rangers wouldn't have sniffed the playoffs last year without their young, homegrown players.

They're still not up to the gold standard of drafting (the Devils of the late 80s to mid 90s), but to simply say that they are the 90s Rangers still (when the best "prospects" were the Ferraro twins and Christian Dube) is a bit of a stretch to me. The team has a much younger NHL roster and a much more productive farm system than those days.