NHL Trade Rumors: Rick Nash for Zach Parise is Smart for All

overtime98

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1063053-nhl-trade-rumors-rick-nash-for-zach-parise-is-smart-for-all

Despite the fact that Parise has said that he wants to test the open market if he doesn’t get re-signed by the Devils, the team has remained adamant that they will not trade him at all.

Unless the Devils want to watch their best player walk for nothing, GM Lou Lamoriello needs to reassess the situation and get a star in return for the star he can’t retain. That’s where Nash comes in.

If Parise wants big money, the Nash trade and the lack of big names would allow the Jackets to pay Parise as much as any team in the NHL.

If winning the Stanley Cup right now can take a backseat to making an enormous amount of money, staying in Columbus might not be the worst-case scenario for Parise.

While the deal is still off-the-wall, there is a chance that something this big could go down this season. Let’s see if teams get desperate enough to pull the trigger.

1st Overall & Carter?

I'd probably bite. Still think that's a ridiculous overpayment for a rental though, on CB's part

I'm guessing that like with Kovy and Atlanta, Lou will try to negotiate Zach an extension (even if they agree no keep it hush hush until the end of the season), and only trade him if it looks like Lou won't be able to get a reasonable deal either then or over the summer..

So if Zach goes in a trade, I think we'll know that he wouldn't have resigned in the summer

Of course it's ridiculous but it's great psy ops. I wouldn't be surprised if someone in the organization floated this. Parise doesn't have an NTC so he knows he's vulnerable and this might give him more incentive to strike a mid-season deal.

How is he vulnerable? He's a free agent at the end of the season. It's not like us trading him there would trap him there. He would be there for 25 games then go where he wants in the off season.

Plus Columbus would never do this without him signing an extension as part of the deal, and he said he wants to win, so he would never sign an extension there.

How is he vulnerable? He's a free agent at the end of the season. It's not like us trading him there would trap him there. He would be there for 25 games then go where he wants in the off season.

Plus Columbus would never do this without him signing an extension as part of the deal, and he said he wants to win, so he would never sign an extension there.

You're completely missing the point of my post. Parise doesn't have an NTC. My pontification was based on the idea that Parise knows he could be traded anywhere by deadline day.

You're completely missing the point of my post. Parise doesn't have an NTC. My pontification was based on the idea that Parise knows he could be traded anywhere by deadline day.

Parise would only have to stay there a few months before he could leave. No real pressure on Parise.

How is that smart for CBJ? Most retarded thing I've ever heard.

Maybe Columbus wants to get Nash's contract off their books? Maybe they think Zach would be the better long-term investment? That being noted, the article is nothing more than the author thinking aloud...I don't think this something that has any chance of happening, or has ever been discussed by the people who matter. But we've seen teams sign players to these mega-deals before and decide to move them not long after they were signed...see the Flyers with Carter and Richards.

Even for a trade rumor, this is pretty stupid. There is no way Zach would sign in Columbus given everything he's said about wanting to play on a winning team, and Columbus has to know that. There's also no way Columbus would trade afor a super-star rental by gettng rid of their own superstar in the deal, especially when they are the worst team in the NHL and have no realistic shot at making the playoffs.